Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect Remotely to your PC from Android

Options
  • 18-06-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi

Has anybody got this working? can you recommend an App that does the Job, there are times when UTorrent crashes on my Home PC and Transdoid doesn't work as a result, I need a program that will remote back to my PC and reboot it, I have a HTC Hero with 1.5(not for long though)

Regards
    Stackeye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Someone mentioned phone my pc before. Paid app though so you need to be rooted or have foreign sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

I've got PhoneMyPC and while I think it's brilliant it's no use for what you're looking to do. Unfortunately you can't log in using it so while you'd be able to reboot, you wouldn't be able to log back in once you did so. Another popular one is LogMeIn, I'm not sure on it's exact abilities but as far as I'm aware you can log in and out so might suit you're needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Logmein isn't available yet, but should allow rebooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6702979&postcount=12

Beta apk available there on xda.

Logmein is great, it works perfectly, and you can reboot and then relog in no bother.

Thanks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

theres a VNC viewer as well on the store http://code.google.com/p/android-vnc-viewer/

Logmein seems to work really well, really bad 3G coverage here but it didn't feel slow.

Just dreading the pricing... subscription service?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

+1 on AndroidVNC. Installed the free TightVNC server on the PC, connected with no hassle, works as expected. Only thing I couldn't figure out is the file transfer, I'm not sure AndroidVNC supports it, but of course there is always another way... :)

JustinOval wrote: »
    Logmein seems to work really well, really bad 3G coverage here but it didn't feel slow.

Just dreading the pricing... subscription service?

No the app will have a one time app purchase cost, same as it does on iphone and ipad.

Its also free to use logmein to connect remotely to your PC from any other PC.

I use logmein to remote to a miriad of PCs, my inlaws to help them out when they have problems, my PCs etc.

Its great to have an app that I can install on my ipad, ipod touch, android phone, or just use any web browser on a PC to access my PCs from anywhere in the world.

I use the PC version regularly, I thought I saw a recurring fee mentioned somewhere for the Android version...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

I tried Logmein, it connects to my PC and you get the console but you get "page cant be displayed" when I click to Remote Control, anybody else getting that, I have tried in 3 different browsers, weird

Trial has ended for Logmein... mine has anyway...

Trial has ended for Logmein... mine has anyway...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6909561&postcount=27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I've been using Xtralogic's Remote Desktop and it works like a charm, It's easy to set up as well.

cork45 wrote: »
    I've been using Xtralogic's Remote Desktop and it works like a charm, It's easy to set up as well.

I tried that, but was stumped when it came to setting up my router and port forwarding etc...

I tried that, but was stumped when it came to setting up my router and port forwarding etc...

I'm not the best with networking myself but I thought their instructions were very easy to follow.

I'm not the best with networking myself but I thought their instructions were very easy to follow.

Yep, that's what I tried but failed the port forward test each time, even with no firewalls active..

Yep, that's what I tried but failed the port forward test each time, even with no firewalls active..

Were you able to set it up on your local network?

Were you able to set it up on your local network?

Yeah, works fine using the network IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭CompFix

Ignition is a great little app, been using it for a while now. Wouldn't mind seeing teamviewer come to android either.

• Advertisement

Just got the LogMeIn Ignition app from the XDA forum, this app does everything I need now, works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

stackeye wrote: »
    Just got the LogMeIn Ignition app from the XDA forum, this app does everything I need now, works a treat

Did you need to have registered for the beta? I inputted my logmein credentials but the app wouldnt accept it.

No I created a new account with Logmein and then downloaded the new Beta, it worked straight away,

Advertisement