Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 year old party ideas?

Options
  • 15-06-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Anyone got any ideas on what kind of party to throw for a 13 year old girl? Based in North Dublin, I'm trying to do something that is a bit of fun for 5 or 6 of a similar age. Want to try to get away from the usual "sleepovers" and "cinema" type parties but imagination is gone on this one. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭goodmum

This might sound completely decandent but bear with me...

My friend's daughter was 12 recently and like yourself, she wanted to do something different for her. So she got 6 of her friends (plus the daughter) over to the house in the evening, ordered pizza and said it was a dvd night. Next thing, knock on the door and she let her daughter answer it - there was a guy in a tux at the door and he had a stretch limo! The girls needless to say were hysterical! He drove them around (plus the mum - had to have an adult in the car) for an hour and a half and he had a karoke machine in the limo, so they had a ball. He also had bottles of (non alcoholic) champers in the car....

The limo cost her 100euro for the hour and a half..and she said it was the best 100euro she ever spent...if I had a daughter myself, I'd definitely do it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Maybe a baking party? Fun and relatively low cost!

You could buy ingredients to make pizzas, made tomato base ahead of time,do up the dough and make it into the necessary amount of balls. Then the kids can each roll it out and put their favorite toppings on! Quick enough to cook and no one is complaining!

You could do something similar with brownies/fairy cakes etc. too!

That should suit some of the younger ones as well as letting the older ones have a bit more freedom and fun!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

goodmum wrote: »

My friend's daughter was 12 recently and like yourself, she wanted to do something different for her. So she got 6 of her friends (plus the daughter) over to the house in the evening, ordered pizza and said it was a dvd night. Next thing, knock on the door and she let her daughter answer it - there was a guy in a tux at the door and he had a stretch limo! The girls needless to say were hysterical! He drove them around (plus the mum - had to have an adult in the car) for an hour and a half and he had a karoke machine in the limo, so they had a ball. He also had bottles of (non alcoholic) champers in the car....

The limo cost her 100euro for the hour and a half..and she said it was the best 100euro she ever spent...if I had a daughter myself, I'd definitely do it.:D

She was 12? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I don't have daughters but I know of a few friends who had a beautician come to the party girl's home and did a pamper session, taught the girls how to look after their skin, how to apply make-up (light make-up to suit their age) and not look like a trowel was used to apply it, also explained about eating a healthy diet and how it's good for skin and hair etc, manicures and pedicures.

It was a great hit with the girls.

I knew someone would comment about the 'limo for a 12yr old' idea.:rolleyes:

It was 100euro - her mum would have spent much more on previous parties in various plex/play centres etc. This was a surprise for her daughter and the girls had an absolute ball, are still talking about it and 2 of them have booked it for their own parties...
    It all depends on the type of child your daughter is OP. Only you would know the pleasure she'd get from any of the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

love the idea about the limo, so cool or what.

my ladys 11 in september and that is defo an idea. thanx

so much for horse riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

My sister recently booked a table at the local chinese restaurant for her 13 yo daughters birthday and let her invite 5 friends to dinner. But it was just my niece and friends, no adults present. The parents all dropped the girls off and then my sister and hubby showed up and took them off bowling and again dropped them off. It was explained to her that she was a teenager now and would be expected to behave herself while out in public. By all accounts when the parents came to collect everyone at the end of the evening everyone had had a great night and were very impressed with the opportunity to demonstrate just how responsible and grown up they were by behaving beautifully. I do think my sister was hovering nearby down the street most of the night quite stressed and waiting for a phone call but she made sure none of the revellers were aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

goodmum wrote: »

I presume they didn't bother with seat belts while partying and kareoking in the limo?

Haven't a clue, because I wasn't in the limo.
    But they all use public transport for school and don't use seatbelts there either...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That limo's a great idea. The youngfella's 13 in September. He hasn't a note in his head (bless him), but I think he'd really enjoy that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm 14 so I just thought I'd give my view (again, sorry if I'm not allowed to post in here, please tell me if I'm not).

I like the idea about the limo although if you have a low budget then maybe not. I was going to say the baking idea too. I have thought of it for myself, invite my friends round and make pizzas with our own toppings and have a movie night or something.
    Another idea would be to have a pampering evening only if all the girls are into it. For example, you could buy a cheap nail set where you can do really fancy designs, have a miniature spa type thing (although unless you have a hot tube I don't really know how you'll work that), maybe dress up, put on very light make up (although maybe you should check with the parents if it's ok).
    For one of my birthdays, I had a treasure hunt in my garden (we have a big garden so it was easy for that). You could buy cheap stuff in Penneys and put little notes around the place, like 'Spring has Sprung lets have some fun' or something like it leading them to the trampoline (springs) and a little present for everyone or a small packet of sweets they could share or a strawberry lace for each. Whatever you do, make it fun.
    Bowling?
    You could do a themed party like say Hawaii (but make sure you can buy the things for it before hand). You could also set it in the evening and have a barbecue with it and have some games.
    Camping, always something I've wanted to do. You could set up a tent in the garden for the night.

If I've any more ideas I'll post again. If you want you can PM me if you need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Oh that all sounds lovely CookieMonster.x! I agree that the limo may not be suitable for those on a budget,plus i don't think it's a good idea for parents/adults to be encouraging alcohol to 12 year olds by providing 'fake champers'.
    I think DVD night would be brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Just a hint to make the pizza nite easier to do (this is something I do with my friends)... Make up your pizza dough in advance and portion it into pizza size balls of dough which you can freeze till the day you need them. Then just take out as many as you need and let them defrost. Ditto for the pizza sauce which can be frozen in a tub till you need it. This way you can have lovely proper pizza dough which is a pain to make but if you make enough of it you will have loads for the freezer. Each person can then dress and top their own pizza toppings as they like and cook them. My friends are in their 30s and 40s and it goes down a bomb! I also think that the bowling idea is a good one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'm 14 so I just thought I'd give my view (again, sorry if I'm not allowed to post in here, please tell me if I'm not).

You're allowed to post in here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

For my birthday what im doing is getting all mehh friends around to my house we will play a few games and wait untill everyone arrives the we will have a limo come collect us and the limo will bring us to a food place there i will have the birthday cake anf food the limo will bring us back the the house.Some people will go home but i will choose 5 people to stay ova (my closest friends) we will have pedicures and other fun games we will stay up ALL night! :):) hope i helped :)

Advertisement