Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Crash in Grange last night

Options
  • 13-06-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the overturned car by the pinecroft on the Grange road last night!? About 10.30, I was driving past and saw all the sirens, big crowd there too. There was only one car involved, it hit the corner of the wall next to the car park exit and flipped over.

Anyone know how it actually happened?
    Few pics here too :

116788.JPG

116789.JPG

116790.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

HOLY ****!!!! I was passing around 11pm and didnt notice anything, Mind you i was on the grange road and was a little worse for ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Well I've heard two conflicting stories.
    One is he came around the corner from supervalue direction, lost control and "flipped over" the wall...
    The second is he was hammered and tried to get drink in the Pinecroft offy and bar and neither would serve him, he drove away at speed and smashed into the wall and then flipped over.

The first I find hard to believe as the wall was shifted out from the inside of the car park, making the second more plausible.
    After seeing this video I realise it doesn't take a major collision to flip a car.
    And where he was turned over was a slope.

Drink MUST have been involved in that!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Guys please keep supposition to a minimum here.

castie wrote: »

Supposition? I didn't make any assumptions in my posts.

I reported on two versions of events I heard over the weekend, I proceeded to give my opinion on how likely I thought they were given what I saw at the scene of the accident. (i.e. position of the car, knocked out wall etc.)

What's the problem with that?!

• Advertisement

I dont see why there is a problem with assuming the cause of an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hogzy wrote: »
    I dont see why there is a problem with assuming the cause of an accident?

there is actually... it lets boards open to legal problems.. it could be speed, alcohol, fatigue, inexperience.. anything really

babo9 wrote: »
    Supposition? I didn't make any assumptions in my posts.

I reported on two versions of events I heard over the weekend, I proceeded to give my opinion on how likely I thought they were given what I saw at the scene of the accident. (i.e. position of the car, knocked out wall etc.)

What's the problem with that?!

Its boards.ie policy to not spread unfounded allegations and rumours with regards criminal matters.

Saying drink was involved in the accident without proof is unacceptable.
    If theres a problem with that then unfortunately this is a site wide policy

Its boards.ie policy to not spread unfounded allegations and rumours with regards criminal matters.

Saying drink was involved in the accident without proof is unacceptable.
    If theres a problem with that then unfortunately this is a site wide policy

Well that's not supposition...I didn't assume the stories to be correct and I never personally claimed drink was involved, just stated it's what I heard, but it was only a side note to what happened. I didn't comment on the drinking bit, only the nature of how the accident could have happened.
    But I guess I could see your point, somebody might see my post as "spreading rumours" of alcohol involvement, but it certainly was not my intention.

Just to confirm, I believe the only problem with the post was the mention of alcohol, i.e. the "criminal activity" you refer to being drink driving, is that correct?

The blame game doesnt bode well legally.

If you discuss the accident fine.

If you start discussing liability issues then not fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I know the area well. I used to live in one of the estates:D Looks like a very bad crash!:eek:

Advertisement