Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G2PLAY.net - Fake Win7 Pro

Options
  • 27-05-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Hey.

I bought a copy of Windows 7 Pro off G2PLAY.NET last October and it's now just come up as a "Non Genuine" copy....

I contacted G2play and they just said they were ripped off by their suppliers and it's tough luck. I tried Paypal but they said as it's over 45 days they wont do anything!

What are my options?

http://www.g2play.net/store/

S.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I remember seeing before that if you find out that you've bought a pirated copy of windows that microsoft will give you a version of the software free if you report it to them. That might be worth looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I'm also going to report the site to every gaming website that I can think of as from looking around they seem to be selling non genuine keys for games also.

S.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thanks, I'll report them tomorrow.

They basically told me to get lost when I started complaining and demanding my refund but I kept pushing and listed a load of gaming websites (eurogamer/ign/joystiq) that I would contact and show all the emails they sent (admitting to selling MSDN keys) and guess what..... full refund and a load of points for their "store"

You live and learn.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

This happened me recently too, my Windows 7 key bought from g2play.net last October, was classed earlier this month by Microsoft as counterfeit.

Took an awful lot of messing about to get my money back, Paypal were absolutely horrible to deal with and did not care at all, horrible people to deal with.

I made complaints to Microsoft - they didn't care one bit, not their fault I know but still, you'd think they'd care about piracy.

Paypal - Didn't care, didn't want anything to do with it.

Consumer affairs in Ireland, didn't care, wouldn't care, couldn't be bothered.

Moneybookers - Even though I didn't purchase through moneybookers, their staff there were brilliant to deal with and opened an investigation into g2play.net's dealings through/with them - I'm still getting replies from them with updates and apologies, Paypal should take a leaf out of these guys customer support and ability to deal with fraud.

Complained to their hosting company (actually their hosting companies hosting company), which were very good to deal with and are still investigating his dealings.

Lastly, after going through the above (and a lot more), I finally called an old friend in Interpol who told me that the owner (a Mr Viktor Wanli) of G2play.net is also the owner of a number of other similar sites, including some who sell gold/currency in MMO's like WoW etc.,
    Within about 12 hours of that, I had a refund to the full amount paid to me through Paypal directly from Unicredit Bank in Slovakia from Viktor Wanli himself. His bank account has also since been frozen in Slovakia.

They could've just been nice about it and refunded my money straight away rather than have me cause them all the problems I did.

In short though, do NOT ever purchase anything from g2play.net, they're a bunch of crooks and the man behind them all is a criminal.

Ended up now, as I currently can't afford to splash out on Windows 7, running Windows 2008 R2 server instead - which you can get for free from Microsoft's Dreamspark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Just had this hit me the other day, and they're refusing a refund of course since i bought it nearly a year ago, and are being very cocky about it. Offering me store credit which I don't want to take for obvious reasons(though at least it's something).

I'm considering who exactly to threaten them with to give them the ****ters. It'd interesting to email someone like Robin Walker from Valve given how many Steam games they're passing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

They pretty much flat out stopped replying to me now... how ridiculous.

Advertisement