Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie rules in real life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

He certainly wouldn't get any thanks anyway

and would be directed to a more suitable forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bazmaiden wrote: »
    He certainly wouldn't get any thanks anyway

and would be directed to a more suitable forum

:D

"Can we move to the kitchen if you're gonna start talking about mcdonalds"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

this makes no sense as its all gone lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

or trolls (randomers irl) adding useless comment etc... to a conversation, like "thats what she said"

you would have to ban them, a bit harder to do in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Get a large hammer titled the banhammer. Every trolling or abusive comment means the person gets a swift hit of it to the knee cap for their first offence, the nose for the second and the all-out ban I call the gene-pool ban, a swift hit to the twins for the thirds offence.

Something a bit like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

RMD wrote: »
    Get a large hammer titled the banhammer. Every trolling or abusive comment means the person gets a swift hit of it to the knee cap for their first offence, the nose for the second and the all-out ban I call the gene-pool ban, a swift hit to the twins for the thirds offence.

I think this would be more effective :pac:
    http://www.kidsera.com/images/0866.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Pad lock their mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

RMD wrote: »

Women would get away with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Getting a thread sent to the Thunderdome would be analogous to being moved to Navan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They're a mate... right?

When I've talked with mates... conversations were never really driven on 1 particular topic....

Each piece of bullshít we discuss just flows into some other bullshít we continue to yammer on about...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well for one, there would be no campaign on Facebook to deliberately offend Muslims.

People would be forced to be a lot more civil to each other.

Scumbags idiots would be banned from life.

You could ignore that person that just really annoys you.

We'd have a lot of people randomly rolling on the floor laughing.

The police would be unpaid volunteers who also had other full time jobs.

We would live in an dictatorship with just 1 or 2 people in command.

99% of society would be made up of politicians who believe they know best on how to run the country.

Random people would walk up and thank you for something you said last week.

Very few people would know the real names of the people they talk to.

All conversations would be restricted to a specific set of topics.

You would be banned from talking about certain topics unless you got permission to go visit specific areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Footpaths would be pock-marked with discarded butt cheeks, which would be the fallout from people rolling around laughing their arses off.

Facial expressions would be limited to facsimilies of various 'smiley's', the most used being the horrific rolleyes. Except me, because I'd be cool.

Instead of agreeing with one another, we'd say ''plus one!''.

We'd correct one anothers grammar without embarrassent, with the additon of FYG (fixed your grammar works better in RL).

We'd actually state our strongly held opinions and barely veiled prejudices, and take the consequences for them, instead of saving their expression for anonymous fora where we can never be required to stand by them.

We would all be Megan Fox or Brad Pitt lookalikes with genius IQ's, instead of the perfectly ordinary cross-section of society that we actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

In real life conversations, 'Locked' usually comes before 'Stupidly off topic'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably something like below..really well done!

*NSFW*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Cheers everyone, I decided to live today like I would do on Boards.

My neighbour scratched his car on his garden wall pulling in and I walked over and said: "Fail."

He punched me.

Then my cousin told me she has been diagnosed with having a growth on her pancreas. I said: "Pics or gtfo."

She slapped me.

I popped by a friends house and he asked me would I like anything to eat and I said: "Yeah, yore ma."

He gave me a kick in the bollix.

Best keep everything separate from now on.

Advertisement