Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where in Dublin for a showroom finish valet? Any suggestions? Thanks...

• 12-05-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

All,

Checked out the previous posts on valets but a lot of the places mentioned are since closed down.

I'm looking for a full valet, not the wash n wax n hoover taxi jobs....

Tried Donnybrook before and they were OK but I'm northside... Think I paid about 150 quid or so. Is that the going rate these for the full monty?

Just wondering if there are any new places that take the car in for a day and give it a proper machined wax and polish. It's an 08 so not that old but needs a good job done on it as the black has gone dull...I have a buffer but dunno how to use it properly so I'm not going to..! (btw, used once if anyone is interested in it). Don't mind paying to get it done right...what's the rates these days?

Do most of the garages do their own finishing or do they outsource it?

BTW, never, ever make my mistake of those Tesco guys. Dunno what I was thinking but they're a disaster....ruined the paint work..I was asking for it...

Thanks in advance....

Great board...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

Call Ronan (valet manager) in Mooney's Long Mile Road at 01-4195800, Does a Fantastic job, machine polish the works. Quality work done there.

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Try detailer.ie sounds like what your looking for.

Is it a buffer or a machine poloisher that you have already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I saw a couple of blokes in a shopping centre underground car park 'valeting' a car.

As they were hoovering out the boot the hose of the vacuum machine was dragging back and forth across the rear bumper.

I would have bounced his head off the bumper if that was my car. I mentioned it to them as I passed but it wasn't well received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Guy who works for detailer.ie posts on here - Seperate is his username. you should pm him.

He has a few pictures up of cars he has done on HWIST thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

We use these guys a lot in work
    http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/Auto_Spa_Car_Wash/Dublin/IE_1141241486060606060606260606A626E68_1

Based on the long mile road, opposite Mooneys.

Full Valet takes 24hours (to allow the seats to dry - leather seats can be done in a day). I'm still amazed how good the cars look when they come back to us, and we've sent them stuff in rag order.

Full Valet doesn't include a buff, but they can do that on request.

Don't want to give rough figures as we have a special deal negotiated, but they seem very reasonable.

Martin is the man to talk to.

If you want the car like new though, it sounds like a job for a full detail and www.detailer.ie seems like the man to go to based on the pics he's posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭budfox

Lads,

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it. Sussing them out at the moment..will let ye know how I get on..

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Don't know anything about this guy but the pics lookf good!

http://www.kingpin.ie/

In south county Dublin though!

Actually, while we're on the subject, I had planned on spraying the Trans Am this summer but I've got too many bills going on at the moment (tax and insure 2 cars at €2.5k plus apt maint fee at €2k) so I'm fecked for a few months!

The T/A's paint has gone very dull plus has a few little scrapes that I need buffed out - advice? Can afford around €250 on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Thanks for the recommendations lads.

You can see some of our past work here - http://www.detailer.ie/portfolio.php

@OP: Just to give you some kind of information; we take cars in for two days at a time and treat them to a very thorough wash first of all.

The car is then decontaminated using a clay bar, to remove bonded on industrial fall out, brake dust, etc.

Next up is a two (sometimes three) stage machine polish to remove any swirls, scratches, lacquer stains and so on. The new finish is then protected with your choice of premium carnauba wax.

Obviously bits like tyres/wheels/windows etc are all looked after too.

We work out of our studio in Dublin 15... this isn't the kind of work that can be done on the side of the road or out of a van!
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

Actually, while we're on the subject, I had planned on spraying the Trans Am this summer but I've got too many bills going on at the moment (tax and insure 2 cars at €2.5k plus apt maint fee at €2k) so I'm fecked for a few months!

The T/A's paint has gone very dull plus has a few little scrapes that I need buffed out - advice? Can afford around €250 on it!

Are you in Dublin? Give me a call or call over sometime and we can arrange to give it the once over for you. We can take care of light scratches, swirl marks and that sort of thing. Can give you a firm price if I can see it beforehand - it probably won't be as expensive as you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Seperate wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? Give me a call or call over sometime and we can arrange to give it the once over for you. We can take care of light scratches, swirl marks and that sort of thing. Can give you a firm price if I can see it beforehand - it probably won't be as expensive as you think.

I am yeah, I'll give you a shout or better off call in to you with the car in the next week or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

This a reply from a friend who used detailer.ie. This is from another forum.
    Well handed the car in on monday 12th April. The car was with him for 2 days and when i came to pick it up had to wait till 7 pm after arriving at 5 pm. When I picked up the car it was kinda late and sun was shining which made the car look well. But while leaving there was still some of the polish on the car , it seemed strange that this would be the case with a car bieng left for 2 days ! The interior was not cleaned (part of the 300 euro price !) it was hoovered imo and thats all. The engine which was my main reason for leaving the car there and wasn't touched . Now after 2 days I expected (especially when they state they are professionals!) a far superior job than i could do myself . When I got home and after closer inspection I rang ANDY of detailer.ie and left a message on his answer machine. I also emailed him to express my dissapointment with the job but got no reply .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Spirit detailing. Can't recommend them enough. Unbelievable turn around.

RobertM wrote: »

Thanks for that.

I was planning on leaving my 8er there but will have to investigate further.
    I am very particular and can do a pretty good job myself. What happened to the guy in the quote would pi55 me right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

RobertM wrote: »
    Well handed the car in on monday 12th April. The car was with him for 2 days and when i came to pick it up had to wait till 7 pm after arriving at 5 pm. When I picked up the car it was kinda late and sun was shining which made the car look well. But while leaving there was still some of the polish on the car , it seemed strange that this would be the case with a car bieng left for 2 days ! The interior was not cleaned (part of the 300 euro price !) it was hoovered imo and thats all. The engine which was my main reason for leaving the car there and wasn't touched . Now after 2 days I expected (especially when they state they are professionals!) a far superior job than i could do myself . When I got home and after closer inspection I rang ANDY of detailer.ie and left a message on his answer machine. I also emailed him to express my dissapointment with the job but got no reply .

This is partly my own fault for committing to do the car in two days, when the condition it was in really required three days. The gentleman was coming from Sligo or somewhere like that, so I never got the oppertunity to see the car before hand. He described it as being in good condition 'with a few light swirl marks!'

21 hours (over two days) later, he arrived to collect it, and I wasn't finished. I had been working on it from 7AM that morning, but he said he was fine to wait and in no rush. I wouldn't have given it to him not finished anyway, but what else could I do if it was taking longer than I expected, due to a description of condition waaayyy off the mark to begin with.

The interior, and engine, are additional to the cost. The outside of a saloon car is €335, the engine and interior are both an additional €75 each. So it's not like he was charged, and the work not done as is made out in the quote above. I just didin't have the time to complete the other two, as he needed the car back to drive home that evening. A car in the condition he described would have had ample time for exterior, interior & engine to be done as quoted - but the Alfa was in a pretty bad state paint-wise.

When the sun shining is the best time to assess the job, as any swirls or trails or anything like that stand out like a sore thumb. He gave the car a fairly thorough inspection before leaving, and declared himself delighted with the job, bought a few bits and pieces to keep it washed and waxed.

There wasn't polish on the car (i have pictures of every panel, as per procedure), it was dust. I told him that I was almost finished, I just need to wash the car again to get rid of the dust. He said something along the lines of 'Sure that'll come off when I drive down the road!'

Certain procedures internally have changed as a result of this job; either we see the car beforehand, or pictures are sent in direct light so we have some chance to assess the time frame and cost before work begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

budfox wrote: »
    All,

Checked out the previous posts on valets but a lot of the places mentioned are since closed down.

I'm looking for a full valet, not the wash n wax n hoover taxi jobs....

Tried Donnybrook before and they were OK but I'm northside... Think I paid about 150 quid or so. Is that the going rate these for the full monty?

Just wondering if there are any new places that take the car in for a day and give it a proper machined wax and polish. It's an 08 so not that old but needs a good job done on it as the black has gone dull...I have a buffer but dunno how to use it properly so I'm not going to..! (btw, used once if anyone is interested in it). Don't mind paying to get it done right...what's the rates these days?

Do most of the garages do their own finishing or do they outsource it?

BTW, never, ever make my mistake of those Tesco guys. Dunno what I was thinking but they're a disaster....ruined the paint work..I was asking for it...

Thanks in advance....

Great board...

A

There is a place at the end of the Greenhills Road just after the Walkinstown Roundabout on your right. I got my car done there before I sold it and they did a great job. I think it cost me €120. That was about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

This is partly my own fault for committing to do the car in two days, when the condition it was in really required three days. The gentleman was coming from Sligo or somewhere like that, so I never got the oppertunity to see the car before hand. He described it as being in good condition 'with a few light swirl marks!'

21 hours (over two days) later, he arrived to collect it, and I wasn't finished. I had been working on it from 7AM that morning, but he said he was fine to wait and in no rush. I wouldn't have given it to him not finished anyway, but what else could I do if it was taking longer than I expected, due to a description of condition waaayyy off the mark to begin with.

The interior, and engine, are additional to the cost. The outside of a saloon car is €335, the engine and interior are both an additional €75 each. So it's not like he was charged, and the work not done as is made out in the quote above. I just didin't have the time to complete the other two, as he needed the car back to drive home that evening. A car in the condition he described would have had ample time for exterior, interior & engine to be done as quoted - but the Alfa was in a pretty bad state paint-wise.

When the sun shining is the best time to assess the job, as any swirls or trails or anything like that stand out like a sore thumb. He gave the car a fairly thorough inspection before leaving, and declared himself delighted with the job, bought a few bits and pieces to keep it washed and waxed.

There wasn't polish on the car (i have pictures of every panel, as per procedure), it was dust. I told him that I was almost finished, I just need to wash the car again to get rid of the dust. He said something along the lines of 'Sure that'll come off when I drive down the road!'

Certain procedures internally have changed as a result of this job; either we see the car beforehand, or pictures are sent in direct light so we have some chance to assess the time frame and cost before work begins.

You could have returned his call or replied to his email though which could have prevented you getting this bad feedback in the first place though, the mark of a "professional" company is how they deal with customers when things don't always go to plan ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miller 2

Hi Andy ,
    I can assure you that the above is not what happened on the day (S) that you had my car . If you had replied to my email and phone calls (message left) and nummerous missed calls from me perhaps we could have discussed this . A) Amount quoted was the amount you had asked in your quote to me . To be fair as I spent the money with you for engine/interior in any case (eg bought mitt and car wash), anyone can work out that the money was never an issue, you were paid what you asked for . Pictures of before and after . Yes I would love to see them !
    Andy , in my opinion (and remember it is my opinion) you did not get even close to the Job you advertise on your site .
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

E39MSport wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

I was planning on leaving my 8er there but will have to investigate further.
    I am very particular and can do a pretty good job myself. What happened to the guy in the quote would pi55 me right off.

I had my 8er done with Detailer. I wont go describing it, whenever I get it clean again Ill post a photo here. Suffice to say after 17years of dead paint was removed, the underlying colour is a full shade darker than what I left it. Its unbelievable, its like a respray.

Unfortunately for Andy the sun was set when he finished that evening, so he didnt even get to see the benefit of his own work. :cool:

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

miller 2 wrote: »
    Hi Andy ,
    I can assure you that the above is not what happened on the day (S) that you had my car . If you had replied to my email and phone calls (message left) and nummerous missed calls from me perhaps we could have discussed this . A) Amount quoted was the amount you had asked in your quote to me . To be fair as I spent the money with you for engine/interior in any case (eg bought mitt and car wash), anyone can work out that the money was never an issue, you were paid what you asked for . Pictures of before and after . Yes I would love to see them !
    Andy , in my opinion (and remember it is my opinion) you did not get even close to the Job you advertise on your site .
    :(

Seems like you've been ignored again.

Strange how there was supposedly time to take pics of a car covered in "dust" but not time to wash it :confused:

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I had my 8er done with Detailer. I wont go describing it, whenever I get it clean again Ill post a photo here. Suffice to say after 17years of dead paint was removed, the underlying colour is a full shade darker than what I left it. Its unbelievable, its like a respray.

Unfortunately for Andy the sun was set when he finished that evening, so he didnt even get to see the benefit of his own work. :cool:

Highly recommended.

You get that mark off your bonnet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 miller 2

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Seems like you've been ignored again.

Strange how there was supposedly time to take pics of a car covered in "dust" but not time to wash it :confused:

Pics would be good (before and after !) I have never had any communication at all from him it would be nice for him to contact me and discuss the case but it is in the past now . I did pay what was asked and as such 300 yoyo's is hard earned in todays climate . I'm reasonable
    ( Maybe not ) but as you can see I didnt post on octane about him and as you can see I didnt even post here . ! I started a thread on another site stating i was getting the detailing done and to be fair to me I didnt post at all after the event as I wanted to give Detailer (seperate) time to return my calls and email. It was when one of the other guys on that site asked me what the outcome was that i replied. Ah well once bitten twice shy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 taxitaxi

just saw your post. there is a guy in artane used him a few times. first class work but hard to get as he seems to be quite busy. cool guy. check here: www.bmautogleam.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The place in Donnybrook is that Ever Ready Car Valeting Ltd?

If so, I presume they have shut?
    Ever Ready Car Valeting Limited
    15 April 2010

Judgment registered 15th April 2010 for €12,485.31, plaintiff – Collector General.
    €5,832.38 paid since date of judgment.

source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

cvisser wrote: »
    Call Ronan (valet manager) in Mooney's Long Mile Road at 01-4195800, Does a Fantastic job, machine polish the works. Quality work done there.

thanks.

Have to agree with this Ronan is fantastic and the prices are very competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Can you guys recommend somewhere in South Dublin that does a full Valet? It would be great if they could collect the car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

valet master in summerhill do a fantastic job

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

cvisser wrote: »

thanks.

id just like to bump this thread if anyone is looking for a full valet. i plumped for Mooneys after i read this a couple of weeks ago.

I got in contact with Ronan 2 weeks ago he was very polite. The prices on the website need updating because i only paid 119 for a full valet and it quotes 170/190 online.

I Got the full valet done on Thursday and the car interior and exterior was done brilliant. looks and smells like a brand new car with all swirl marks tar, light scratches removed. It makes a big difference (we all love our cars)

Ronan done a great job and i would highly recommend them.