Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The stick

Options
  • 30-04-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello all

any one know of shops selling this in ireland. I hear its great

http://www.thestick.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I have one.

Only use I've found for it is stirring paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Not being smart here but how would this be any better than using your fingers or a tennis ball ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

Runways on Parnell St. Worth the investment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

Jip wrote: »
    Not being smart here but how would this be any better than using your fingers or a tennis ball ?

I have no idea why , i just like the sound of it. and you can use it roll out pasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I have one, but bought it in Boston last year.
    Honestly, it's way better than fingers or a tennis ball, or maybe I just don't know how to use them. The stick, on the other hand, is idiot proof.

I don't use it very often, only when I'm in pain apparently, but it saved my legs this week.

I paid 48 dollars for mine which is rather expensive for a glorified rolling pin, but compared to the price of a massage it's a lot more affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I have one, but bought it in Boston last year.
    Honestly, it's way better than fingers or a tennis ball, or maybe I just don't know how to use them. The stick, on the other hand, is idiot proof.

I don't use it very often, only when I'm in pain apparently, but it saved my legs this week.

I paid 48 dollars for mine which is rather expensive for a glorified rolling pin, but compared to the price of a massage it's a lot more affordable.

weird, I just bumped another thread looking for more info from someone using on long term, thanks for that, from my limited goes with one, it seems worth it, although would prefer if they were cheaper of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Dont know about others, but I kept hurting my thumbs.

+1 for getting a rolling pin and/or a solid ball about the size of a tennis ball (google: "contact juggling ball", I think mines one of these... but its so old I cant remember http://www.oddballs.co.uk/oddballs-stage-contact-ball-80mm-p-3133.html). I flattened the last tennis ball I sat on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

There are different grades, depending on how much muscle mass you have you should use the stiffer grade of stick. I find mine very good after long runs for IT band and calfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Physio needs also sell then but only the smaller size for legs.

I would recommend having a big and a small. Best piece of kit I ever bought.

www.physioneeds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

This one is quite reasonably priced.

http://www.buriedinthenoise.com/imgs/stick11.jpg

• Advertisement

All the jokers should give the stick a go it may just change your life.

I'm not joking these things are miracle workers for knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

How does the stick compare with the foam roller? Don't give me the "size and shape "joke :D

Far superior for hard to reach spots.

A foam roller does nothing for my calves the stick does wonders. Only advantage I would see for a foam roller is on the IT band.

Advertisement