Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I extract/play .aud files?

Options
  • 22-04-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I have a programme for my job that is a study aid for systems etc. It is a point and clicker with comlementary audio. I can access the .aud files but not play them. As far as im aware the .aud is the Audio for the programme,right?

Anyone know how to play/convert these files as it would be handy to listen to on the go,thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Winamp can play certain .aud files but if not VLC or Media Player Classic probably can.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

Oh so simple,will try that later today.here I was looking for codecs and special players......doh!!!

Any luck jonny_b1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Are these Audacity files? In which case with the LAME encoder you can export to mp3

Sorry got home late from work yesterday so didn't get a chance to chck,will do after work today.

@homer not sure bout them being audacity but they have a .AUD extencion :-/

• Advertisement

homer911 wrote: »
    Are these Audacity files? In which case with the LAME encoder you can export to mp3

That was my first thought too, but Audacity uses .aup for its project files and the more common audio file types for everything for importing/exporting.

no joy tryinf to play the .aud files with any of the player suggested.

Any chance that .aud is not the audio source of the programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

All information online seems to reference the .aud files used by Westwood in Command & Conquer. Winamp can play these so I thought it might play the study aid ones.
    Maybe try this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I think you can import aud files into audacity as raw data and convert to mp3.

• Advertisement

No joy lads. I imported the raw data to audacity and converted to mp3.It plays 'something' like a static both before and after the convet to mp3.

Everything on the world wide web suggests its a playable/convertable file but its just not happening.There are lots of these .aud files so just been choosing them at random to test but still nothing.

More ideas welcome :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This was recommended on another site http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html the free version is ment to do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

For one type of aud file, you can use the free player at
    http://www.nice.com/products/multimedia/dl_media_player.php
    to convert aud files to wav.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobbaggio

Having the same problem, I have a zoom multi track recording device and they are in .aud, not beside it now so I will try a few of these when I get home. I just dont wanna lose quality when I convert them. I will let yas know though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Zombie,.,,,,dieee!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement