Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come on boards.ie......

Options
  • 15-04-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

....when mods think a thread has "run its course" :rolleyes: they usually always give there opinion on the topic being discussed in the last post. If the thread has run it's course then just lock it :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

In before lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,062 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

its called having the last word I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i think this video sums up this argument

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

AlcoholicA wrote: »

Cat people have finally gone away from just plain old cat pics :pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Define opinion. Saying 'this thread has run its course' is an opinion, of sorts. Don't think I've seen many mods give an in depth analysis of how they feel about a subject before they close a thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Agreed.

Mods should just end the thread with some glib liberal monologue and then a hokey catchphrase. Something like, oh I don't know, "Until next time, take care of yourselves and each other"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

its called having the last word I think
    Matt Coopers a mod here?
    That bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

bonerm wrote: »
    Agreed.

Mods should just end the thread with some glib liberal monologue and then a hokey catchphrase. Something like, oh I don't know, "Until next time, take care of yourselves and each other"
    Go fcuk yourself San Diego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Them crazy mods. They be all like 'this topic done run its course' and I be all like 'no way man I got opinions a-plenty still left on this one'.

But they always be a-fussin' a-feudin' and a-lockin' them threads.

Man, those mods be crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Matt Coopers a mod here?
    That bastard

GRRRRRRRR! Better then Ray Darcy being a mod though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Cause they just got there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Pics or GTFO....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

In before the thread has run its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Some people who view threads don't have the mental capacity to see why some threads get closed, so some mods will give an explanation as to why we close em, for the simpler folk amongst us. So in answer to your question; it is because we care <3

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I like how they look in with amazement after flushing. I do this sometimes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

biko wrote: »
    I don't know.

Neither do I!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,889 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You know that if you feel strongly enough about the closing of a thread, you can contact the mod in question about it getting re-opened. It does work. And when it doesn't they usually give you a good reason as to why, assuming you dont PM them something along the lines of "Hey wtf open this back up now!!!1!1"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Promote this man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I like how they look in with amazement after flushing. I do this sometimes too.

Me too!!

How did that stout 'Wicklow Log' make it down the 'S'??

Shakes head in wonderment.....

• Advertisement

Define opinion. Saying 'this thread has run its course' is an opinion, of sorts. Don't think I've seen many mods give an in depth analysis of how they feel about a subject before they close a thread

You must stay away from locked threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

....when mods think a thread has "run its course" :rolleyes: they usually always give there opinion on the topic being discussed in the last post. If the thread has run it's course then just lock it :pac:

I haven't terribly noticed this at all, TBH. Maybe it's a particular forum you frequent? I just ran through the last 10 locked threads in AH, and most just ended with the mod either saying it's the wrong forum or it's a duplicate thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Will wrote: »
    Some people who view threads don't have the mental capacity to see why some threads get closed, so some mods will give an explanation as to why we close em, for the simpler folk amongst us. So in answer to your question; it is because we care <3

I still don't understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

just watch this
    this explains everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

just watch this
    this explains everything

Haha thats funny :pac:. Now I understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm just lost and wandered in here.
    Opps...

(exits...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I feel I can predict how this thread will end.

cafecolour wrote: »
    I haven't terribly noticed this at all, TBH. Maybe it's a particular forum you frequent? I just ran through the last 10 locked threads in AH, and most just ended with the mod either saying it's the wrong forum or it's a duplicate thread.

AH is a diff story cos the mods know people don't give a fook :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I mistaked the title for "How to come on boards.ie", and my way of thinking immediately said, well first you find their server and ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Will wrote: »

Then how come you've never closed any of my threads? Don't you care about me?
    :(

Advertisement