Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring and buy vegan bake sale - April 24

Options
  • 07-04-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Date:
    Saturday, 24 April, 2010 - 13:00 - 16:00
    Venue:
    Cultivate at The Greenhouse, 17 Andrew Street, Dublin 2 www.cultivate.ie

There will be a vegan bake sale in Cultivate on Saturday 24th April from 1pm-4pm, as part of the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale (www.veganbakesale.org). It will be a delicious opportunity to sample a variety of mouth-watering baked goods, from chocolate chip cookies to sponge cakes, all lovingly created without any animal products! All proceeds will go to Cats Aid, a Dublin-based charity entirely made up of volunteers, which seeks to rescue, rehabilitate and find good homes for unwanted cats (www.catsaid.org).
    Organised by:
    Vegetarian Society of Ireland - Dublin Meetup Group

More info:
    http://www.vegetarian.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

Thank you so much for posting this. I didn't know about it. I will totally get involved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Oh my gosh, I am going to come to this and you are going to make so much money from my presence alone!!! ;)

Also, how do I get involved, do I just bring a plate of cookies/cakes along on the day for you to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nanny Ogg

sounds really deadly! we've been hoping to rescue a cat from cats aid in the next few weeks too. just have to square it with the landlord. have only ever made vegan brownies once so will have to give it another try! ta for the heads up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

Hi,

Thank you very much for all your replies - we will be very happy to see you all there :)

For those who would like to get involved: please visit
    http://www.vegetarian.ie/content/bring-and-buy-vegan-bake-sale-please-click-read-more-below-full-info
    There is an email address at the end, so that you can contact one of the organisers of the bake sale and get more info.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

ohhhh I might just have to go to this....time to hire a nice big van:D

• Advertisement

Absurdum wrote: »
    ....time to hire a nice big van:D

My thoughts exactly!! :D:D:D

Reminder: this event is happening tomorrow :)

Thank you very much to everyone who helped make the bake sale a huge success!!

If you'd like to see pictures of most of the cakes we had on the bake sale, please visit the link below:

http://www.care2.com/c2c/photos/view/252/347114541/World_Vegan_Bake_Sale___Dublin__24_4_2010/

Hi!

Thanks for putting it on, I came along and it was so good! I'm just sorry I didn't get the time to bake any goodies to bring along. Is it going to be a regular occurrence? I'd definitely come along again! Everything was lovely. I LOVED the lemon slice best of all. Then I had a treacley nutty kind of brownie that was lovely too. And the chocolate cookies with nuts in were so soft and tasty. The boyfriend had a peanut butter pastry roll, a round banana cake with strawberry icing on it and half of my lemon slice and he loved them all as well! :)

Thanks for sharing the pics! Can I use some for my blog? I totally forgot to bring a camera which I was a bit annoyed about...

Hope you can put another sale on soon!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Wanted to go to this but couldn't make it. Shame it was only on for a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

AVL5 wrote: »
    If you'd like to see pictures of most of the cakes we had on the bake sale, please visit the link below:

http://www.care2.com/c2c/photos/view/252/347114541/World_Vegan_Bake_Sale___Dublin__24_4_2010/
    Thanks for posting the pics. It's funny how they evoke a reminder of their deliciousness as you view them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Argh I was in town, meant to go to this, and then ended up forgetting about it >_<
    Everything looks delicious on those pictures. Seriously regretting not having gone!

If you put up another sale like this please please please someone remind me lol

Thank you very much for your comments! At the moment I don't have any info, but based on the great response that we got, I'd say it's quite possible that we'll have another event like this in the future!

Getwellsoon: I'm happy that you liked the brownies - there were actually two kinds of brownies there, and one of them was baked by myself :)

Thanks for posting the pics. It's funny how they evoke a reminder of their deliciousness as you view them :)

Did you go too? Was very good indeed!

Yes... Please keep us posted if there's another!

Yes, but I got there quite late, at about a quarter to three. I'm sorry to have missed the boardsies! I brought cookies, and bought loads to try too. nyom nyom nyom

I have a few photos of the yummy cakes to add :) Mind you, this is two hours into the bake sale so there isn't as much, but it all went in the end!
    28388_1462120711784_1196435771_1309029_7486102_n.jpg28388_1462120751785_1196435771_1309030_7556851_n.jpg28388_1462120791786_1196435771_1309031_8364161_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

This was so fab - I bought a fair few things and only for the fact I was baking some vegan cupcakes myself that night I would've bought more! Really glad to hear it went well. Everything I had was so delicious!! It was like a dream being able to try that many vegan cakes. :)

http://myadventuresinveg.blogspot.com/2010/04/vegan-bakesale-haul.html

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Ohhh looks great! I missed it as was sitting exams :(

Please keep us posted if there is another one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement