Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu Baby Deal

Options
  • 05-04-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Got email and i cant find it on site it probably has not been updated yet but says 5/4/10 - 10/4/10.

Pampers Baby Dry Mega Pack Range
    Johnson and Johnson 6pack of wipes
    Vaseline 50g

Was 44e (:eek:)
    NOW 25e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

how many nappies in the mega pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

brightkane wrote: »
    how many nappies in the mega pack?

Size 5 = 99. Thats what i can see on the add not sure about other sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Just wondering from those who have nippers, is this a good deal! We have one on the way and are thinking of stockin up! Any suggestions or advice??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

These type of offers appear in different supermarkets every childrens allowance day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pampers nappies are absolutely useless. Lidl and Aldi nappies are far superior!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Eemia wrote: »
    SuperValu Baby Deal

I thought Super Valu had started selling babies going by the tread title! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is an ok offer not great.

For new borsnw e found the boots nappies the best,now we find the sainsburys nappies the best.
    Pampers are ok but different nappies sui different babies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Salmon wrote: »
    Just wondering from those who have nippers, is this a good deal! We have one on the way and are thinking of stockin up! Any suggestions or advice??

TBH supervalu had a better deal on nappies (pampers) about 3-4weeks ago. Nappys at or around 13c is a good deal you can pay 19c if not more i'm sure.

I found Lidl nappies crap, excuse the pun found they leaked the whole time. As Moonbeam said different nappies suit different children. Plus Lidl nappies are more expensive to pick up than some offers on pampers and huggies you see around
    jd007 wrote: »
    I thought Super Valu had started selling babies going by the tread title! :P

:D:D LOL!
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    It is an ok offer not great.

Pampers are ok but different nappies sui different babies too.

Agreed!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I wanted this to be true - but found the opposite tbh.

There always seems to be nappy offer on so while this is an okay offer, don't rush out to stock up unless you're running out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Dades wrote: »
    I wanted this to be true - but found the opposite tbh.
    :)

I'm surprised TBH. While I'm sure different nappies suit different babies, we at least find the Lidl/Aldi nappies to have FAR more absorption than Pampers. If our little juice guzzler has Pampers on overnight you can be practically guaranteed he will be soaking in the morning, yet with Lidl/Aldi he's as happy as Larry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Personally, we found Tesco nappies the best after trying loads of brands. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

We went through all the nappies and found Pampers to be the best. Depends on the child tho and not the nappy.

I think pampers were outsourced to france, which inturn out sources too Egypt. yet there was no drop in the price. I find nappies overpriced anyways. They know you need to buy them, so they bump up the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

To be honest i'd hold off stocking up. May sound mad but we found that huggies were useless with our young fella and only pampers or lidl nappies kept him dry. Where as other would swear by huggies. I honestly think it's a case of trial and error. Best of luck with the new arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Hi Sal.Ive got a 6month old.We use cloth nappies.it saves 1000s,reduces nappy rash and doesnt stick tons of plastic into the ground for decades.its no dirtier than changing a disposable nappy.pm me if you want more details

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Think it may have been mentioned before, but I got a megabox (or whatever it's called - 120 size 4) of pampers for 16.49 in Tescos yesterday... dunno how much the wipes are worth, but seems better to me...

Advertisement