French Oral Questions: - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-03-2010, 19:50   #1
gonnaplayrugby
Banned

French Oral Questions:

Anyone able to write down a list of questions we probably will be asked?
Advertisement
27-03-2010, 19:59   #2
gemxpink

Oh I was just about to ask a question about French Orals so I'll post it here instead. I'm not exactly sure of what happens when you go in, they do the whole exam number formal jazz and ask if you have a document. If you have a document, when do they bring it up? And are you expected to talk about it solely for a minute or two or do they ask questions? Thanks

As for topics, the economic crisis is one my french teacher is saying is most likely going to come up (she's examining the orals too ), possibly the whole Burqa situation in France too.
27-03-2010, 20:05   #3
eoins23456

http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=443 sample convo is done there with some common questions.
27-03-2010, 21:28   #4
Rich1691

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemxpink View Post
Oh I was just about to ask a question about French Orals so I'll post it here instead. I'm not exactly sure of what happens when you go in, they do the whole exam number formal jazz and ask if you have a document. If you have a document, when do they bring it up? And are you expected to talk about it solely for a minute or two or do they ask questions? Thanks

As for topics, the economic crisis is one my french teacher is saying is most likely going to come up (she's examining the orals too ), possibly the whole Burqa situation in France too.
I don't think they introduce the document straight away, if it was about your past time for example and they got on to the topic of Les Loisirs you could mention that your document was about that topic and they may decide to introduce it then or else they would wait till the second half of the oral to talk about it.
I think they do ask you a few questions about it so I wouldn't be brining in a very broad topic for your Document. You are given some time to talk openly about it so you would want at least 1-2 minutes prepared.
29-03-2010, 10:44   #5
Shona R

the oral

hey ..my french teacher is banking on the recession comin up this year so im learnin just a few points and a solution to it just to get me through..also im thinkin myself that the scandal with the church and priests just might come up...wer preparing it in irish lyk...so maybe it will be the same for french...

Just remember that if you speak as much as you can on your hobbies (possibly 3) then they wont have time to move on to current affairs...

I was going bringing in a photo of my car and then speak on that...decided against it their is way too much to learn!!

Good luck every1..
Advertisement
29-03-2010, 11:25   #6
gonnaplayrugby
Banned

theres no reason for the reccession to come up. it will come up if you bring the convo in that direction and can be answered simply by saying 'je ne sais pas tellement mais je sais c'est un grand problem pour tout la monde.
(might be errors there but u get the point)
29-03-2010, 13:07   #7
eoins23456

the recession can easily come up like.they asked me about my part time job and pocket money and this led to the economic recesson and pay going down n stuff
29-03-2010, 13:58   #8
Shona R

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoins23456 View Post
the recession can easily come up like.they asked me about my part time job and pocket money and this led to the economic recesson and pay going down n stuff

oh really?? oh god what else did they ask presuming you have done your oral already
29-03-2010, 16:53   #9
eoins23456

myself my personality my family what my sister were doing passtimes books movies sports was a big one.recession obama and my document.not in that order cos she asked me about my document like aminute into it.
its not really to do with what your asked though.You can lead the conversation wherever you want
Advertisement
29-03-2010, 17:02   #10
Stryderman

Send a message via MSN to Stryderman
I just remembered there that I read somewhere on this that the examiners wont ask you about the recession unless you bring it up?? Is this complete Bull****?
29-03-2010, 17:26   #11
eoins23456

depends on the examiner like.some let you talk and talk about what you want and some throw random questions at you the trick is to lead the conversation where you want it to go.
29-03-2010, 20:36   #12
felic

Theres no set list of topics the examiner will have to test you.
The oral exam is like a chat so to speak. And you the student have a big say in where the conversation goes. The key is practice and being familiar on how to do that.

Say for example you go in and sit down.. what do you think or expect a stranger would ask you if they met you randomly?
Comment t'appelle tu? Tu habite ou? Qu'es ce que tu fais comme loisiers? qu'es ce que tu fais pendant du temps libre? etc

Its wide open and you can talk about whatever you want. Stick to topics you know a lot about. Like theres no point in going in and saying you love soccer if you have no idea of a single players name or what team he plays for. You'll hit a brick wall and the examiner will think its a vocab problem when thats not the case.

Relax, enjoy it, dont see it as a test, just a chat.
29-03-2010, 20:44   #13
ps3man

picture of me and bill clinton as my document.. see how that goes down
30-03-2010, 15:26   #14
dee o gee

Can anyone recommend a good book to help with the french oral? We've been given loads of notes but I find it hard to read the writing on them and there a bit all over the place as regards topics, one minute its talking about family the next paragraph it'l be talking about recession, so id be all day trying to find what im looking for! Something similar to 'an dtuigeann tu' for irish would be a huge help.
30-03-2010, 17:44   #15
JESCANDYMAN

i got asked bout da part time job n recession to

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion