Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona @ Supervalu and Dunnes

Options
  • 26-03-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

super valu in deansgrange have 12 corona for 12 euro.

they had loads left.

great offer i must say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You need to add on extra for the limes though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

greendom wrote: »
    You need to add on extra for the limes though

a lime costs between 30 and 50 cent! So thats €12.50, Absolute rip off now :p

Hogzy wrote: »
    a lime costs between 30 and 50 cent! So thats €12.50, Absolute rip off now :p

And I think your heavily underestimating the additional cost - you'll need at least 2 limes for 12 bottles of Corona - that makes it a whopping €13 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

The fact that you need lime to add any sort of flavour to such a bland beer tells you that €1 a bottle is over-priced .... sorry, rant over , good BA for those that like it but it really is p*ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

super valu in deansgrange have 12 corona for 12 euro.

they had loads left.

great offer i must say.

Nice spot ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

RayCon wrote: »
    The fact that you need lime to add any sort of flavour to such a bland beer tells you that €1 a bottle is over-priced .... sorry, rant over , good BA for those that like it but it really is p*ss

I agree it's p*ss but it's a good deal all the same, what beer would you recommend I've recently come of the Guinness and would welcome a suggestion.

RayCon wrote: »
    good BA for those that like it but it really is p*ss

Compared to the likes of budweiser, Miller or Carlsberg its heaven.
    Out of all the main stream bottled beer Corona is definetly the nicest, And you dont have to add lime, its nice without it, Have you ever added lime to another beer, Its horrible, dunno why it works with Corona, but it does and its not an Irish thing, Its a world wide thing so its defo something to do with the beer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

SV deansgrange is where its at! quick 2 minute walk, great value, what more could ya want :)

alexlyons wrote: »
    what more could ya want :)

Free beer that is delivered
    :cool:

Compared to the likes of budweiser, Miller or Carlsberg its heaven.
    Out of all the main stream bottled beer Corona is definetly the nicest, And you dont have to add lime, its nice without it, Have you ever added lime to another beer, Its horrible, dunno why it works with Corona, but it does and its not an Irish thing, Its a world wide thing so its defo something to do with the beer

Well tbh Lager and Lime used to be quite a popular tipple back in the day (that was with lime cordial though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Guinness 8 cans for 10 euro. I've gone off it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Free beer that is delivered
    :cool:

quick phone call to the bro thats workin there=delivery, but no free beer :( although you gotta be 21 to buy there, so he couldn't do that... ye, free beer delivered would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Same offer on at the mo in Centra in Cabinteely (Johnstown Road) - Fab value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I agree it's p*ss but it's a good deal all the same, what beer would you recommend I've recently come of the Guinness and would welcome a suggestion.

As one who fancies himself a little bit of a beer expert, I could heartily recommend a few different beers.

I'll start with 6 x Frankfurter or 6 x perlenbacher from aldi and lidl. Just over six euro for six pint bottles of high quality german beer, you could drink a lot worse!
    Next I'll suggest a few Polish beers that are knocking about at the min, Tyske, Lech and (might be spelling it wrong here) zweych or something lol. But my face is the Tyske, Lidl were doing it for 2 for 3euro and it's a BRILLIANT beer, very smooth bt be warned, @ 5.6% it's strong so go easy.

Last couple of beers I'd recommend at the min, crown lager. This is one of Austrailas most expensive and popular beers, currently O'briens selling 6 for 6 euro or 24 for 19.99 this is one hell of a bargain, and if my memory serves me right, I think this may be cheaper in Ireland than Aus at the min, if you can still get this, pick some up.

Now for the best of the best:

(again O'Briens) Coopers sparkling ale!
    Another Australian beer, this stuff is QUALITY at it's finest, don't letbthe word ale put you off! This is a smooth beer, when poured you will see the sediment floating through the beer, Coopers actually brew their beer in the bottles, and it's a personal choice whether you drink the sediment or let it lay in the glass but I suck that stiluff down man! Bit more expensive than the rest( near 2.50 a bottle) and at 5.8% don't expect it to be an all dayer kind of sup!

Lots of folk won't agree with some of my choices, but they're MY choices! Horses for courses and all that jazz lads!

Hic hic........

Oh btw.

Nothing at all wrong with corona! The lime tastes good with it, but you don't NEED to add it, like it's not pss without the lime now is it?
    Plus it's a greY beer if your on an all day session, for some reason it's get younto a nice level of drnkness, and doesn't turn you in to a slobbering pee stained drunken idiot!
    In m personal experiences anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Tomorrow is the last day of the offer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Also in Dunnes, 24 of these for €24

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nothing nicer than tiger beer imo

and corona certainly is heaven compared to the
    likes of miller, carlsberg, heineken and stella

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Gucky wrote: »

Last couple of beers I'd recommend at the min, crown lager. This is one of Austrailas most expensive and popular beers, currently O'briens selling 6 for 6 euro or 24 for 19.99 this is one hell of a bargain, and if my memory serves me right, I think this may be cheaper in Ireland than Aus at the min, if you can still get this, pick some up.

I can second that on the Crown Lager,lovely nectar out and out!

At that price it is cheaper than it can be had on Aussie shores,brings back memories of the beer chill room were the keep the slabs nicely refrigerated in Dan Murphy`s Beer Superstores,so there was no waiting for a cold one :D

Must say though because of it`s price it was often avoided,also found my liking for Tiger beer the same time,yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

dunnes have 24 for €24 thats a good deal and u dont need a lime.its horrible wit the lime :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Drinking a bottle of Cobra here and its going down a treat :)

It was a €1 a bottle special from O'Briens a while back, definitely worth getting when the offer returns. Why are people getting pi$$y about Corona, its cheap, its drinkable and it BEER!!!! :D

cdb wrote: »
    Drinking a bottle of Cobra here and its going down a treat :)

It was a €1 a bottle special from O'Briens a while back, definitely worth getting when the offer returns. Why are people getting pi$$y about Corona, its cheap, its drinkable and it BEER!!!! :D

Because some folk like to whinge no matter what! I'd bet if you gave away a million quid to all the users on boards, there'd be some whiners who wouldn't be happy cos a "a millions not enough nowadays" or "too many fifty euro notes here!" would appear somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

As one who fancies himself a little bit of a beer expert, I could heartily recommend a few different beers.

I'll start with 6 x Frankfurter or 6 x perlenbacher from aldi and lidl. Just over six euro for six pint bottles of high quality german beer, you could drink a lot worse!

500ml != 1 pint

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Dunnes in the Ashleaf in Crumlin also have this.

kc66 wrote: »
    500ml != 1 pint

500ml poured into a pint glass = a lovely pint with a creamy head on top.
    Have you gone into many bars/pubs recently where the barman gives you a pint of beer filled RIGHT to the top of the glass and no head?

So, your point is what exactly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Added Dunnes to the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Next I'll suggest a few Polish beers that are knocking about at the min, Tyske, Lech and (might be spelling it wrong here) zweych or something lol. But my face is the Tyske, Lidl were doing it for 2 for 3euro and it's a BRILLIANT beer, very smooth bt be warned, @ 5.6% it's strong so go easy.

Now for the best of the best:

(again O'Briens) Coopers sparkling ale!
    Another Australian beer, this stuff is QUALITY at it's finest, don't letbthe word ale put you off! This is a smooth beer, when poured you will see the sediment floating through the beer, Coopers actually brew their beer in the bottles, and it's a personal choice whether you drink the sediment or let it lay in the glass but I suck that stiluff down man! Bit more expensive than the rest( near 2.50 a bottle) and at 5.8% don't expect it to be an all dayer kind of sup!

Lots of folk won't agree with some of my choices, but they're MY choices! Horses for courses and all that jazz lads!

Hic hic........

well that was an education in beer.....don't stop there....tell us more...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they had this offer few months back,
    this was the result, me and my house mate, in the space of a month

16333_219249930752_546085752_3691167_1698381_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

500ml poured into a pint glass = a lovely pint with a creamy head on top.
    Have you gone into many bars/pubs recently where the barman gives you a pint of beer filled RIGHT to the top of the glass and no head?

So, your point is what exactly?

my point is exactly what I said: 500ml is not a pint no matter what way you want to argue it.

• Advertisement

kc66 wrote: »
    my point is exactly what I said: 500ml is not a pint no matter what way you want to argue it.

A pint is 568ml isnt it, Scientifically speaking!

Advertisement