Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spire Marketing Corporation - any advice?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm currently job hunting for a sales role, and have noticed heavy advertising by Spire Marketing Corporation in Mullingar for what seems like sales jobs.... offering "average earnings €350 - €550 p.w." and also...
    We require people to develop in all areas of the industry, including:
    * Sales
    * Advertising
    * Customer Service
    * Leadership
    * Campaign Coordination
    Smells to me like door-to-door selling of some kind (nothing to do with advertising or customer service in my book), which is fine, but why hide it? What's the real deal here? I've sent my CV... what should I expect?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lolly13

Hi,
    was called earlier for an interview with this company, was all excited as itsthe first call from a long pile of cvs sent out- but am i wasting my time attending- is it definately door-to-door sales. HELP PLEASE!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dazi

is it door to door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lolly13

Hi I didn t go - no info on them on internet and they were reluctant to give any info, other than its a marketing job, over the phone. It sounded a bit suspect to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mmcar

Got a call for an interview. Same problem as others, could get any info about the job over the phone, went to the interview and the greatest load of time I wasted in a very long time. Same story at the interview, had to drag information outta them. Basically, its door to door sales for companies like Sky (their biggest) and they fill you full of ****e about grown to management and blaa blaa blaa.

My advise to anyone, only go for an interview if you need more practice in interviews because this job sounds soo soo dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wanabmee

DO NOT DO IT NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE

350-550 EURO is all lies. You are brainwashedrom day one. You have an "interview" with the boss who is patronising. You think it is a propper job bu what they don't tell you is you have to learn off things to say and learn the products and prices. The jobs involves going into the office at 11 in the morning, where you practice different parts of the speech you have to make when you go to a door. You have a "team leader" who is nine times out of ten there about two weeks. They try to tell you the more you sell the more you make the higher you get in the job and eventually you will become a boss and set up your own business. At about half 12 the boss Ronan gives a talk and hands out a few threats about selling. They put you into groups and send you to places from galway to meath to tipp. Also you have to pay the driver 5 or 10euro each day for transportation. You also get to get food before hitting the road, which is about 8euro everyday out of a filling staton. already you have spent 15 euro. You get to the town your workin in and are left with another person covering 3/ 4 estates. you have to knock on 350 doors and speak to about 80 people before the break at 5. Constantly repeating the lines you have learned you have to "close" so many people that means use a certain line, then you have to get into the house and sell. You get maximum a half an hour break at HALF 5 OR 6. You do anything to sell. For each sell they tell you the min you will earn is 44euro.... What they fail to tell you is they will take "BONDS" out of this money which is about 30% and you will get this back 6 months later. I lasted about 6 weeks and it nearly killed me. Made nothing when you work out petrol money, food and i sold 2/3 a week.

WORKIN 11AM-11/12PM..... NO BASIC PAY.... PAY FOR PETROL AND FOOD... GET ABUSED BY PEOPLE.... BULLIED TO SELL.... EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL BY THE BOSS.... SORE FEET.... WALKING ALL DAY IN THE RAIN.

SPIRE HAS NO REAL CONNECTION TO SKY

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Seem to be another PMD Marketing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I just can't believe how many eejits unfortunate individuals fall for this line - no wonder the Nigerian e-mail scammers are still operating - still plenty of folks believe them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,782 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's an old thread, there's plenty of info about the company on the internet for anyone who doesn't know already. Leaving it open serves no purpose. So closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement