Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any promo offers for Stena Line?Irish Car Ferries?

Options
  • 24-03-2010 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Never used them before but going to try them for the UK in the summer. Anyone know of any special deals/discounts available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Anyone? Before I pay full whack for car + 3 people :o

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

Code for 10% off Stena line Flexible and Premium fares and hotel and self catering and hotel breaks A450.

This only works for flexi and premium fares but based on my previous experiences flexi is worth the extra in the event of breakdown or delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

Hi just tried it and it didn't work for me in the irish site for july?

Thanks for any help

It worked on the uk site. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I jsut checked out a trip i might be taking in August

Irish site : €253
    UK site : £229 = ~€257

With code
    UK site : £224.10 = €252.27

so works out cheaper from the UK site with the code. Although without the code its more expensive on the UK site.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping to travel to scotland in july and the costs with the promo code on uk site is; €358

Irish site: €391

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

try A650,

irish site is cheaper than uk at the moment due to currency fluctuations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.directferries.ie/dublin_liverpool_ferry.htm

Dublin Liverpool may be cheaper , but it is longer in both time and probably distance

there were some very cheap overnight ones a good while back

Oh yeah for foot passengers it's £29 from Dun Laoghaire / Dublin Port to/from any UK railway station. Only catch is that you can't buy the ticket in Ireland, get someone in the UK to buy and post it to you or pay for the privilege on seat61.com or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

A650 works, gives 10% off all fares (economy as well)
    A lot of the other discount codes like the axa one only give you money off the flexi or premium fares.
    When I got the confirmation message, it says " (This reservation version is not confirmed!)"
    So I'm not sure what that means.....time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The tesco club card points are worth using if you have any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The tesco club card points are worth using if you have any

+1
    You get 4 times the Tesco Clubcard points so if you have €25 of Tesco vouchers, you'd get €100 off.
    Maje sure you check the prices as some people have said it's off the list price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you use clubcard points for any of the fare, then you have to pay list fare (ie no online discounts, or discount codes) so might only be worth it if you have a lot of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 thierrys other hand

hi
    anyone have any ideas for discount codes to france in july or august. is there any camperva club good for discounts too?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Hi all anyone got any new codes will be booking between Rosslare and fishguard...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 member

Never used them before but going to try them for the UK in the summer. Anyone know of any special deals/discounts available?

Instead of exchanging your Tesco coupons for groceries, you get far better value if you use them to get tesco deals, including deals for both Stena Line and Irish Ferries. You will get more information if you pick up the "Tesco Deals" booklet in one of the Tesco stores. Happy holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

My experience with Tesco points is not good.

Unless you have hundreds of points, its not worth your while.
    For a start, they have a special booking fee that only applies to Tesco bookings. You also have to choose the more expensive "flexi" option.

So if you were intending to buy the economy fare anyway, the tesco points are not worth using and you'd be better get groceries with them IMO:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kaizer_soze

Anyone got a promo or discount code for Stena or P&O?

Thanks

K

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Also looking for a discount code for Irish Ferries or Stena Line. Just one way, from UK to Ireland, if it makes much difference.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

hiya
    would anyone have a voucher code for stena line ferry please
    thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi all
    would any of you fine people :D have updated codes/promo offers for Irish Ferries ??

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Try A627 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MarcQ

I can confirm that A627 worked with StenaLine this morning. 10% off Dublin\Holyhead route.

Only applies to Flexi and Premium bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

You can also get an additional 5% cashback on Stena using Fatcheese.

FATCHEESE.IE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dooferoaks wrote: »
    You can also get an additional 5% cashback on Stena using Fatcheese.

FATCHEESE.IE*

*This is my referer link so I get 50c and so do you sign up via the link.

Or if you would rather do it on your own steam:

FATCHEESE.IE Direct link

Whichever, its worth doing it for 5% back I think.

Fatcheese referrals can go in this thread:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72587227

I have removed the one you put here. Referral links are only allowed in certain threads where noted, otherwise against the charter, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Davy wrote: »
    Fatcheese referrals can go in this thread:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72587227

I have removed the one you put here. Referral links are only allowed in certain threads where noted, otherwise against the charter, thanks

Yeah fair enough, thought that might be the case after I had posted. 5% definitely worth doing though, regardless of the referer.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

elius wrote: »
    Hi all anyone got any new codes will be booking between Rosslare and fishguard...
    :) anyone got any codes?

Advertisement