Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian work lunches

Options
  • 19-03-2010 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Can anybody make interesting suggestions for microwaveable work lunches, am getting tired of rice, spuds and soups? Need something bulky with decent amount of protein in it. I'm pretty fuzzy but trying to push myself a bit more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭dominiquecruz

Lunch can be anything really. What do you eat for dinner? Surely you could whip something up on a Sunday evening then portion it for the rest of the week. I'm on a high protein diet and I often bring a chickpea and lentil curry into work. Boiled eggs are good, and filling. I don't know how you feel about them, but Quorn products are often high in protein low in crap. Maybe some kind of chili with beans? I mean, if you have a microwave, theres very little you cant do if its pre-prepared really. Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

im not a vegatarian but you could try lasange with out any meet in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I always bring in the extras from the dinner of the night before to heat up. That way you get variety and it really isn't any extra effort to make a bit extra. Lentils with rice and spinach are a nice one to try out. Again, you can make pot of it and then freeze a few portions for a later date. Cous cous is a nice change from rice also.

We had a thread about vegetarian packed lunches which may give you some ideas. And there is the recipes and links sticky also, you might find some ideas there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Lentil, spinach curry sounds good. Have a recipe for chickpea soup somewhere too, might use that.

Sorry not good with the Quorn stuff. Reminds me of meat.

I tend to make pancakes in the morning with 2 eggs so covered for eggs for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

chickpea curry, quorn cottage pie, veggie lasagne, veggie ravioli / canneloni?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

+1 for Canneloni. In the tesco's finest range they do a microwavable spinach canneloni which is very very tastey. It's a good 4 euros though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

If it's protein you're after try http://justbento.com/recipes or anything with tofu or chickpeas etc.

Advertisement