Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Mon 15/3 18:30 3RRB -vs- Ronnie Rosenthals

Options
  • 14-03-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Keeper -

Clayton - In

Defenders -

Cathal - In
    Dan - In
    Ed - In
    Geoff - In
    Graham - Exams
    Mick - In
    Michael - Getting Married
    Keith - Out
    Andy - Inj

Midfielders -

Alan -
    Collie - In
    Conor - In

Dave - Out
    Gav - In
    Martin - In
    Kenny - In
    Cillian - In

Strikers -

Art - In
    Gary - Work
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham - Exams
    Mick - In
    Michael - Getting Married
    Keith -
    Andy -

Midfielders -

Alan -
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin - In
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm out for this but will be around for the friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i will be there, hopefully i am not late due to work. all we can do is go out to win and hopefully finish as high as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

If we win tonight we definitely finish 3rd.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    If we win tonight we definitely finish 3rd.

yep, that should be the aim. i know is important that we try things out, but theres 3 or 4 friendlies coming up. the higher we finish the better and while its a place down on the last 2 seasons, its better than 4th and is also another medal to add to the collection.

as to how a team who we drew with 3-3 and lost to 2-1 after dominating most of the game, can finish 14 points ahead of us is baffling. i know we have taken the foot off the pedal for a few weeks now, but weve ended the season badly. lets change that tonight.

6-0 win.

great stuff ad 5-0 at half time. played lovely football and a way to end the season. gives us a nite on the piss in town also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who scored?

2 OGs, Ed got one, Jules, Ciaran and....?

23m7tjd.jpg

• Advertisement

That was 3 og's Des ;)

Yeah, but I'm still missing a scorer, the Astro site doesn't allow for OGs, so we'll have to give Ed the hat-trick.

Who else scored?

Ed's two from distance with the Lampard-esque defelctions, his header from Cill's corner that went in off the defender on the line, Jules' goal after Gav's knockdown and Ciaran's after the lovely move.

What was the other goal?

Jules shot, keeper spilled it into goal.

jules got 2 i think.

and ye can f*ck off with your ogs ye bitter c*nts:mad:!!!!, the ball just clipped off the lad of the first, the ball barely changed direction. the 2nd went straight in without anybody touching it (well done jules for step over) and the 3rd was going in also, the defender tried to keep it out on the line and he just headed it up into the net, he couldnt do much about it.

and ye can f*ck off with your ogs ye bitter c*nts:mad:!!!!,

:D:D

Ha!

tt0119626.jpg

Great corner by the way Cill, I reckon Ed owes you at least a pint for that one.

Des wrote: »
    Great corner by the way Cill, I reckon Ed owes you at least a pint for that one.

Cheers.

Maybe we should play for corners next year?

I've take 3 and we've scored from two :pac:

Great performance tonight lads, some absolutely beautiful football played for lengthy spells. Just the response to the recent dip that was needed - definitely the right way to finish the season.

Was really impressed by the hunger that you could feel before the kick-off: those lads that are unfortunately not playing with us next season (and will be missed) wanting to go out with a bang, and others that will be around wanting to throw down a marker for how we should play next season. The level of communication was the best it has ever been, as was the football at times.

That's an outstanding hat-trick from centre-half for Ed (and all 3 are his without doubt) and Ciaran's goal was easily the best team goal we've ever scored (though Des has decreed that my 40 yarder against Glenwood still reigns supreme overall :D).

We'll need some quality new players to replace those we are leaving if we are to push on and win the league next season, but we do have the talent in this squad for that to be a reasonable goal and the hunger is there.

Thanks again to Des and Michael for another season of excellent guidance and dedication. We'd be just another one of the random teams we see regularly without that.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Cheers.

Maybe we should play for corners next year?

I've take 3 and we've scored from two :pac:

Yeh, good man, have to say I'm delighted with the quality we're now getting from that side. I take inswingers from the left and we scored 6 from that side this season but before your 2 assists I think we had only scored 1 from the left side (partially because the taker changed so frequently). It's great to have that weapon from both sides as taking a good corner is an often overlooked skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

congratz on the result and top 3 finish :)

Yeh, super performance. We badly need new players though. Ed, Art, Mick and Dave are leaving and have all been with us for at least 3 seasons. Tough to replace players who've been around so long. Hopefully we'll unearth a few quality players in the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Congrats lads, well deserved over a long and tough season.

Advertisement