Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgraded Full metal Chrome KJW M9

• 06-03-2010 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Have a polished full metal KJW M9 that I no longer need.
    Its been well looked after and comes with King Arms upgraded hammer and recoil springs installed for snappier recoil and 4 leak free mags.
    I'll also throw in a hard foam lined carry case.

Quick sale needed so €160 plus postage.

Paypal only.
    Absolutely no trades whatsoever, need cash to pay the bills.:)

I'll get pics up later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Interested in seeing pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭djflick

me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

me 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 faheycash

As requested.
    photo02229975902.jpg

The whole package.
    img13609956355.jpg

Hey faheycash just wondering when you say chromed do you mean stripped dipped and plated or stripped sanded and polished?
    It looks sanded to a matt finish as there is paint/coating in the grooves and not shiny enough to have been polished or chromed (it could be just the pictures).
    Just curious as I am interested in the piece.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

I was interested too, till I seen the pics.

Thats not chrome buddy, thats all the black paint been taken off with sandpaper. And that is gonna tarnish and rust like nobodys business if its left untreated, cos I assume its not real stainless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

sorry to butt in but, you dont always need sandpaper to take the paint off,
    i just took the slide off,put it in a container with white spirit for about 12 hours, then i scrubed it for about 1 hour with a rough sponge,then i used paint remover(which burnt like crazy) and and i just used a soft sponge,it came off easly and smoothly,then polished it and finally most important of all
    i used silicone oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

Your dead right my friend, thats a great way of removing paint.;)

But i can tell from the pics, it was a good old fashioned sandpaper job!!

(Look at the paint left in the cuts and creases!)

Sorry for the confusion, its not actually chrome, no airsoftgun is. Its just a term used to describe colour.

Its been stripped & properly wet sanded with varying grit sandpaper 400-1200 & finished with a polishing compound so it will not tarnish or "rust", (only ferrous metals will rust i.e. steel, iron etc)

The black paint was left in the "creases" for contrast, as you would see on the real versions.

faheycash wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusion, its not actually chrome, no airsoftgun is. Its just a term used to describe colour.

Its been stripped & properly wet sanded with varying grit sandpaper 400-1200 & finished with a polishing compound so it will not tarnish or "rust", (only ferrous metals will rust i.e. steel, iron etc)
    The black paint was left in the "creases" for contrast, as you would see on the real versions.

It is a very good and smooth looking finish.
    All metals will corrode after a while if not treated/sealed you'll see a white powdery coating forming on the alloy. You should use a wax on it to seal it even car polish will do.
    I'd call these polished :)
    th_11022010363.jpg
    th_20012010259.jpg

Offer €90 posted

• Advertisement

The_Joker wrote: »
    It is a very good and smooth looking finish.
    All metals will corrode after a while if not treated/sealed you'll see a white powdery coating forming on the alloy. You should use a wax on it to seal it even car polish will do.
    I'd call these polished :)
    th_11022010363.jpg
    th_20012010259.jpg

Offer €90 posted

Nice work but far too pimptastic for me :D.
    is that middle slide off a springer?
    I used Brasso & polishing compound with no oxidasiation in the last 6 months anyways.

90 is way too low man, it owes me a lot more than that.
    your gettin a great gun with 4 working mags - guaranteed, solid upgrades and a nice safe protective case.
    i bet you could put a nice mirror finish on it now that all the monkey work is done.:D
    can you come up any bit at all?

I like pimptastic :D
    I'd have that gleaming in about 15 minutes with me buffers
    You can't beat the ol brasso and compound! yeah that middle one is a springer, I've done a load without any sealant and they are still sparkling I just use the finest compounds on the mop and it closes all the pores but a belt of wax or bees wax never hurts.

Did you sand all that by hand?

€95?

I like pimptastic :D
    I'd have that gleaming in about 15 minutes with me buffers
    You can't beat the ol brasso and compound! yeah that middle one is a springer, I've done a load without any sealant and they are still sparkling I just use the finest compounds on the mop and it closes all the pores but a belt of wax or bees wax never hurts.

Did you sand all that by hand?

€95?

Joker by name, joker by nature i see.:D

No thanks, absolute least i wud take is €140 cash, id rather hang onto it than let it go for stupid money.

Joker by name, joker by nature i see.:D

No thanks, absolute least i wud take is €140 cash, id rather hang onto it than let it go for stupid money.

Looks like you'll be holding on to it then - And that's no Joke :D

Final offer €100 posted (Nothing stupid about that)

Looks like you'll be holding on to it then - And that's no Joke :D

Final offer €100 posted (Nothing stupid about that)

Right i really need the money today so if you put that into my paypal account today ill get the gun out to you in the mornin by registerd post.

Right i really need the money today so if you put that into my paypal account today ill get the gun out to you in the mornin by registerd post.

Cheers

PM sent

M9 arrived today minus 3 mags :confused:

Advertisement