Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UK*] True Blood Season 2 [**NO SPOILERS**]

Options
  • 05-03-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

Ok there was a thread for the us one so as season 2 had started on FX now here is the place to discusses it!
    Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,811 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good idea hitlersson666..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Thanks!!! Im like obsessed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I made a forum request for this....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 surdah

I just love this show. I only started watching it a little while ago so watched all episodes of season 1 back to back and now I am onto season 2 and it is even better than the first season. It has to be the hottest show on tv in every sense of the word! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Mod edit: Read the thread title! NO SPOILERS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Are we allowed comment on the episodes that have aired so far on FX UK?

I'm loving season 2. Bigger & better then the first one & characters are really coming to life, great script etc.

I read all the books & I'm a big Sookie Stackhouse fan. Eric is really brought more to life in this season & I like how they are staying fairly close to the general plot of the books but are also employing artistic license to put it on film. That way I'm not feeling I know everything that's going to happen as they changed some stuff.

Mink wrote: »
    Are we allowed comment on the episodes that have aired so far on FX UK?
    Yep.. that's what this thread is for!

Whooops sorry... didn't mean for it to be a spoiler was just a flippant remark about the advert. Will be more careful in future mod

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I didn't get to see the full Season 1 except for the last 5 episodes but was able to start watching from the start of Season 2 on FX....

I am absolutely hooked on it and Jason Stackhouse is a big reason.:D

Bill Compton could sink his fangs in me any day, sorry night:pac:

I love the way Tara speaks, she's a really funny character when she goes off on one!!!

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT
    No....really, I Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I think season two is even better than season one, if that were possible. The whole Dionysus storyline with the animal sacrifices, and the anti-vampire church are great additions. Love the new telepath too, Barry, interested to see where they go with that, lots of potential there. It's really unmissable, I've started buying the first season on DVD for all my family...

• Advertisement

Yeah have to say it's much better than Season 1. I was so disappointed when last weeks episode was over, could have watched it for another hour!

I'll say it again, I'm impressed how much they are sticking to the plot of the books but still spicing it up & changing things around.

For those who have read the books... do you think they are going to bring Bubba in? If making any comments on this, best to spoiler it in case it does come up in the show!

One part I like is the whole thing with Hoight (sp?) & Jessica. It's nice to have a fairly innocent young love thing happening in amongst all the other sexual trysts.

The guy who plays Jason is such a great actor. He really gets into the physicality of the role & he manages to make the character quite pathetic & detestable even though by rights you're supposed to think he's hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

this is a great show and season two is brilliant ye will all love it.... waiting for season 3 to start now in th US cant wait...:D

By the way the guy who plays Jason Stackhouse, used to be in Home and Away, he was Vinny, leahs husband, imagine that...

It's funny re all the non-US people playing deep south characters.

Jason is Australian, Sookie is originally from New Zealand (& still has a bit of it in her normal accent), Bill is from Essex, Eric & Pam are from Sweden. There's probably others we don't know about too.

this is a great show and season two is brilliant ye will all love it.... waiting for season 3 to start now in th US cant wait...:D

By the way the guy who plays Jason Stackhouse, used to be in Home and Away, he was Vinny, leahs husband, imagine that...

I never recognised him as Vinny at all, that's mad!!!:eek:

Just watched last night's episode ----
    How disturbing was that watching Tara and her bloke eating the "hunter's stew"

EEEWWwwww:eek:

Jason was very funny as he tried to hug Bill....:D

Just watched last night's episode ----
    How disturbing was that watching Tara and her bloke eating the "hunter's stew"

EEEWWwwww:eek:

Jason was very funny as he tried to hug Bill....:D

The whole heart thing was difficult to watch alright. It really freaks me out when they get those weird black eyes.

Can't wait til next weeks episode to see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

:

I love the way Tara speaks, she's a really funny character when she goes off on one!!!

I hate that character especially when she goes off on one, it was the one thing that nearly turned me off the first season. Luckily I have sky plus and didn't have to listen to her.
    Season 2 is great, getting really interesting now.

Can't wait to see True Blood tonight!!!!

:D

Brilliant, brilliant television. I thought the last episode was really moving, which I wasn't expecting from True Blood, with Godrick deciding to end it all after 2000 years of being a vamp, he'd just had enough, that their existence was an aberration.

And then Hoight (spelling?) finally growing a pair, and Jessica's eternal virgin-hood, Lafayette rescuing Tara and Eric tricking Sookie into sucking his blood - "It's too late, I'm inside her" , with all the double meaning that comes with that - and no more mister nice guy from Marianne. There truly is nothing like it on anywhere, anytime. Brilliant.

I fell in love with Eric in that episode...

Can't wait for this week's episode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Eric is way hotter than bill, I never realised it before! I wonder if sookies gonna get with him...? Tara is the best character, IMO. Godric was great, I wish he didn't die, he was brilliant!

Yeah he's a much more interesting character than Bill. Bit of an evil selfish prick at times but there's something about him you have to love. He's very funny in the books whereas you just get tired of Bill really.

Someone needs to kill off that biotch Marianne

Season 3 airs in the US on June 13th. Anyone have an idea or even a safe prediction of when we'll get it on FX UK?

Withdrawal symptoms are setting in already

Season 3 airs in the US on June 13th. Anyone have an idea or even a safe prediction of when we'll get it on FX UK?

Withdrawal symptoms are setting in already
    Add a year to when season 2 started.. and you'll be close I'd say!

That's terrible do you mean add a yr to when Season 2 started in US or UK?

You probably mean UK, why am I kidding myself :(

That's terrible do you mean add a yr to when Season 2 started in US or UK?

You probably mean UK, why am I kidding myself :(
    UK unfortunately..!

basquille wrote: »
    Add a year to when season 2 started.. and you'll be close I'd say!

I reckon that this is a bit pessimistic. Give it six months, it must be a big show for FX, they will want to get it out as soon as poss. There wasn´t anything near a year between season 1 and season 2.

fisgon wrote: »
    I reckon that this is a bit pessimistic. Give it six months, it must be a big show for FX, they will want to get it out as soon as poss. There wasn´t anything near a year between season 1 and season 2.

I really hope you're right. I hardly watch anything else on the telly as only home on weekends really so It would be sorely missed in my household!

"This town may be full of crazy rednecks and dumbasses, but they're still Americans, Andy, and that used to mean something."

Jason Stackhouse is growing into a great comic character, overly sincere, gormless, so sure he's on a mission from god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

I know I thought he would have dropped the manic religious act after he found out the christian cult he was in were psychos! Its the season finale on FX this friday at 10! :eek:

Advertisement