Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ghost story

Options
  • 05-03-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am new here, and hope to stay) I dont really tell people this story, cause I myself would not believe it if it didnt happen to me. Just was always facinated by ghost stories, but never really believed in it.

Well, my bf, my cat and I moved into this new apartment on the 6th floor. I had my cat for 6 years, and she has been through everything with me - I had it very bad for the past couple of years, and was affected badly.
    I had the strongest bond with my cat you could ever imagine, we understood each other so well.

After about 3 months she started showing me that she wanted to jump out of the window. I got worried, started keeping the windows closed. I myself was feeling really down.

One night I forgot to close the window. She jumped out... In the morning I looked down out of the window - she was not there, I though, that means she survived.

Later that day I got a call from RSPCA, they said they found her, she seems to be injured. I left work, went to get her. Took her to the vet. She was non responsive. She was sent to DCU emergency clinic, where she spent 3 days. Then she went into a coma and died. No need to say I wanted to die myself, I could not go to work, could not do anything, was just crying over her, absolutely histerical.....I missed her so bad

I could not get over it for few weeks. Then, I started hearing noises in the apartment. I always heard them when I was alone at home, usually late in the evening. My sceptical mind was telling me those were just general noises, but they were becomming more and more obvious. I again told myself - might be mice? I told my bf about it. (at the back of my mind I had a thought - could it be Sheries? but tried to keep my sanity). My bf said he didnt hear anything etc.

The noises became more regular, and started happening every night after my bf would fall asleep.
    I woke hime up after it got to the point of something going through the papers I had just beside my bed.

Then he started hearing it too.

One night we heard a tapping noise in the hall way in the night. We looked out, there was nothing, but we could clearly hear it, as if Sheries was walking in the hallway, with her claws tapping on the wood.

We went online. I found articles about pets spirits being left behind because the owner would not let them go.

I was so happy she was beside me again.
    But a friend of mine told me it was not good for Sheries. She said she was stuck in between. I still enjoyed her presence for another few days, just could not let her go.

I also noticed that I started feeling much better generally (about all the problems I have had)
    My friend said that most likely Sheries just could not cope with the load I had, she felt it, and she decided to free me from it and take it away with her...

One evening I prayed and thanked her for doing everything she did for me, and told her that she could leave.

I never heard any noises since then....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Hi,

just read your story and want to say I can understand your anguish at losing your beloved little pet.
    Your story is heartwarming though in that she returned to say goodbye and wanted you to know she will always have a memory of you as you will of her.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

How did she show you she wanted to jump out the window ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Without meaning to offend you, IMO you had an unusually close relationship with your cat, and when she died the psychological trauma was obviously too much and you started interpretting mundane sounds as the cat's presence. Maybe the sounds were there all along and you just didn't notice cos you were concentrating on the cat?

It's a nice story for sure, I hope it all works out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Hi, I am new here, and hope to stay) I dont really tell people this story, cause I myself would not believe it if it didnt happen to me. Just was always facinated by ghost stories, but never really believed in it.

Well, my bf, my cat and I moved into this new apartment on the 6th floor. I had my cat for 6 years, and she has been through everything with me - I had it very bad for the past couple of years, and was affected badly.
    I had the strongest bond with my cat you could ever imagine, we understood each other so well.

After about 3 months she started showing me that she wanted to jump out of the window. I got worried, started keeping the windows closed. I myself was feeling really down.

One night I forgot to close the window. She jumped out... In the morning I looked down out of the window - she was not there, I though, that means she survived.

Later that day I got a call from RSPCA, they said they found her, she seems to be injured. I left work, went to get her. Took her to the vet. She was non responsive. She was sent to DCU emergency clinic, where she spent 3 days. Then she went into a coma and died. No need to say I wanted to die myself, I could not go to work, could not do anything, was just crying over her, absolutely histerical.....I missed her so bad

I could not get over it for few weeks. Then, I started hearing noises in the apartment. I always heard them when I was alone at home, usually late in the evening. My sceptical mind was telling me those were just general noises, but they were becomming more and more obvious. I again told myself - might be mice? I told my bf about it. (at the back of my mind I had a thought - could it be Sheries? but tried to keep my sanity). My bf said he didnt hear anything etc.

The noises became more regular, and started happening every night after my bf would fall asleep.
    I woke hime up after it got to the point of something going through the papers I had just beside my bed.

Then he started hearing it too.

One night we heard a tapping noise in the hall way in the night. We looked out, there was nothing, but we could clearly hear it, as if Sheries was walking in the hallway, with her claws tapping on the wood.

We went online. I found articles about pets spirits being left behind because the owner would not let them go.

I was so happy she was beside me again.
    But a friend of mine told me it was not good for Sheries. She said she was stuck in between. I still enjoyed her presence for another few days, just could not let her go.

I also noticed that I started feeling much better generally (about all the problems I have had)
    My friend said that most likely Sheries just could not cope with the load I had, she felt it, and she decided to free me from it and take it away with her...

One evening I prayed and thanked her for doing everything she did for me, and told her that she could leave.

I never heard any noises since then....

euughhhhhhhh, your name freaks me out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

we understood each other so well.

that freaked me out more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Awe that story gave me a lump in my throat :o

I hope you're still feeling good OP and I'm sure that Sheries didn't die in vein, I too believe that our pets pick up on our emotions and feel when things are not right.. Don't mind the nay sayers, if it's a comfort to you then go with it :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yours is an interesting story. I have heard of similar stories (firsthand) where people have felt the presence of a pet after the animal died. Sometimes its noises, I heard the clicking sound of my inlaws dog walking up the tiled hall myself after he had died. A lady I spoke to once used to feel the weight of her (deceased) cat jumping on the bed to sleep, as it did in life. So its a common experience. Just take reassurance from it, and dont ever let it stress you at all (that your cat is stuck between worlds etc).

Advertisement