Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sirloin, Special K & Pampers @ SuperValu

Options
  • 04-03-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

SuperValu have some great offers at the moment.

Sirloin Steak €7/kg (had some last night and was melt in your mouth quality, yum!)
    Special K 750G Half Price €2.46
    Pampers Jumbo Box €9.50

And as a side note, I usually buy whichever own brand milk for €1.49 for a 2 litre. I notice that SuperValu's has the National Dairy Council stamp that Paul O'Connell raves about. At least you can be sure its Irish! I don't trust the "Produced in Ireland" stamps on Tesco and Dunnes, and SQ is NI milk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Would you say its nationwide? Got the mother to check supervalu in waterford for me and they are not on offer :confused:

Gutted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

its in supervalu Kanturk , Co Cork, so could be nation wide. Got some of the steak, a good deal, for quality meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Will try elsewhere thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

dunnes milk comes in by the pallet from the north. made by strathroy daries or one of them, pure rotten stuff altogether!! tescos is packaged by golden vale (irish) but the milk is english, a disgrace if you ask me. at least super valu get theres from avonmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

SV-Special-offers_26-02-10.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Much like a previous thread here.

Steak for the taste, special K to get the steak outta ya and pampers just in case you don't make it or have a wet fart haha

Good find op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

In supervalu today and they had free sample size packets of own brand cornflakes rice crispies etc.Took three samples and i presume that you could take as much as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,670 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

tippguy wrote: »
    dunnes milk comes in by the pallet from the north. made by strathroy daries or one of them, pure rotten stuff altogether!! tescos is packaged by golden vale (irish) but the milk is english, a disgrace if you ask me. at least super valu get theres from avonmore

Yes but if Avonmore products were not accepted in the UK market they would be finished, cop on :rolleyes:

bazwaldo wrote: »
    At least you can be sure its Irish! I don't trust the "Produced in Ireland" stamps on Tesco and Dunnes, and SQ is NI milk.

Just FYI, tesco has the national dairy council stamp also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

ya see thats just wrong its the same with meat. just cause its packaged in ireland they can call it irish. this milk in tescos may be bottled by golden vale in ireland but they are english cows.

as for avonmore being accepted in the uk, fair enough i agree but theres some things that you just want to be irish and others you can accept as english/european.

• Advertisement

tippguy wrote: »
    ya see thats just wrong its the same with meat. just cause its packaged in ireland they can call it irish. this milk in tescos may be bottled by golden vale in ireland but they are english cows.

Well the national dairy council's website states that the symbol is only used on products which are farmed and produced in Ireland so can you provide a link which proves that this is not the case with tesco milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Milk is milk? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

nulabert wrote: »

Confused!

Spot on,Couldn't give a toss where it comes from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Thanks OP. Just made a special trip to SV and bought 10 kilos of Sirloin. Had the butcher cube most of it too. Freezer full of yum!

Got the pampers too though am normally a huggies buyer as they are most likely to be on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

nulabert wrote: »

Confused!

Fair enough the differences between UK and Irish milk are probably extremely small, but if you have ever had a glass of spanish/american/chinese dairy milk you would think otherwise... trust me!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

My main reasoning for prefering Irish milk is that I'm buying Irish i.e. supporting the poor Irish farmer. I can't tell the difference in the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭breaux

There should have been outtrage at the notion that paul O'connell is advocating products that are produced in the ROI and him playing for an all 32 county team.......he should have been ashamed of himself.....hope ferris rattles him in training...and every day they drive in their thousands to stock up on everything english when it suits them.....hypocrites.....!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

got 12 sirloins in sv in ballybane galway and a few of big als
    bbq chicken steaks which were half price also at 2.74.
    Practically had to sit on the freezer door to get em all in so
    that should keep me going till its on offer again in 6-8 weeks hopefully.
    Nobody matches supervalu when it comes to meat prices whatever
    about quality.
    It aint fillet but for under 4euro i had a massive steak earlier
    and it wasnt half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

the sirloin i got was shyte,,,an oul cow, no taste and like leather, you get what you pay for....

...theres a cattle dealer somewhere who bought these old cows and sold'em to supr valu and he's probably laughin all the way to bank

....back to the local butcher for meat for me,,,supervalu for the taybags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

ArraMusha wrote: »
    the sirloin i got was shyte,,,an oul cow, no taste and like leather, you get what you pay for....

...theres a cattle dealer somewhere who bought these old cows and sold'em to supr valu and he's probably laughin all the way to bank

....back to the local butcher for meat for me,,,supervalu for the taybags.

Maybe you just don't know how to pick a good piece :rolleyes:. I've gone through 3 packs already this week and fed the most critical woman in the world the mother-in-law and all steak was delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Maybe you just don't know how to pick a good piece :rolleyes:.

+1, alot of people think the best steak is the steak that has the least amount of fat... No no good sir this is what gives steak its tenderness and its ability to 'melt in your mouth'

Fat running THROUGH the steak = :)
    No fat running through the steak = :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Maybe you just don't know how to pick a good piece :rolleyes:. I've gone through 3 packs already this week and fed the most critical woman in the world the mother-in-law and all steak was delicious.

I know a good steak..I reared enough cattle and seen them slaughtered.

But, its like lamb in that its hard to know from looking at a piece of meat if its a spring lamb or an oul stag ewe.

Advertisement