Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple SMS from multiple sources - read on please?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

We have a group of 30 people. We want to set up a system whereby each individual can send a text to one number and this text is then sent automatically to the other 29 numbers.

I know each individual can set up let's say the "try group" pn their phone and just send a group text. However we need to keep as simple as possible. Some members have just got the hang of texting so group texting would be beyond them.

Simple web texting / cabbage texting is not going to work here either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Bump

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The reason no one replied i think, is that their isn't something that your looking for. The way forward is showing people to send the group text!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

Searched a lot on the web and found sms forwarder pro for symbian. I think this will do the trick. I also considered iflow but cost was prohibitive. I now have to get a sim card with lowest cost sms and will leave a dedicated symnian phone plugged in to do the trick. That is unless someone has a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yes just create a group on your phone

you write a text
    choose the group
    click send

job done

leaving one phone on entirely for the purpose of recieving a text and relaying it is just silly. for the sake of sitting down with whoever will send the texts and explaining the concept of a group. Surely you going just a bit overboard with it

Advertisement