Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Probably the 30-40 euro mark

You really think so ?
    Ebay has them going for €70 - €160

Its the double GPU model - not a bog standard 7950

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

farna_boy wrote: »
    I haven't been looking at graphics cards a whole lot recently but this seems like really good value:

PALIT GEFORCE GTX 460 SMART EDITION - 1 GB GDDR5 - €129.90

Unfortunately it's only to deceive you into thinking it's good value. Steer clear of Shite Edition cards. They're cut down versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Monotype wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's only to deceive you into thinking it's good value. Steer clear of Shite Edition cards. They're cut down versions.

Also with 15 euro more you can get a serious gtx 460

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/6389292/art/pny/geforce-gtx-460-oc-1-gb-g.html

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/site/daybreaker/cms.aspx

MSI AMD Radeon R6950 2GB DDR5 PCI-E for 255 quid, seriously cheaper then hwvs ( 284) . I know it's Komplett, but free delivery plus that price, that's ery good. Only 6 on stock. Seriously tempted as I will be building in a week or 2 and was considering 6950 anyway as you can unlock it to 6970..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    You really think so ?
    Ebay has them going for €70 - €160

Its the double GPU model - not a bog standard 7950

30-40 would be about right i reckon as well, by todays standards they are dreadfully slow. but there's still a healthy market for it as a bit of a collectors piece, a bit like the 8800gtx/ultra, it's got that eternal 'awesome' factor. so someone might pay 60 or so.

160 is a joke, really, you can buy second hand cards for 50 euro that wallop it in games.

used to have one myself, back in the glorious days of battlefield 2....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i sold one last year for around €70 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

30-40 would be about right i reckon as well, by todays standards they are dreadfully slow. but there's still a healthy market for it as a bit of a collectors piece, a bit like the 8800gtx/ultra, it's got that eternal 'awesome' factor. so someone might pay 60 or so.

160 is a joke, really, you can buy second hand cards for 50 euro that wallop it in games.

used to have one myself, back in the glorious days of battlefield 2....

I'd agree, 30-40 tbh - the 8800gtx is only worth around 50 quid anymore (I remember getting it for 550! :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TiNcAn wrote: »
    In my eyes this is an amazing laptop deal.
    http://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=1C26-88M&APID=14

It is as good as my i7 desktop!!!!

I doubt it. Plus shame to have all that power on a 15" screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TiNcAn

Wondering If anyone else is astounded at the level of performance that is now obtainable in laptops, in particular http://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=1C26-88M&APID=14

If you read the reviews of the graphics card you find that is comparable to a gtx460 in a desktop which is very impressive. It stomps over all other mobile graphics out there atm.

Then there is the amazing mobile sandy bridge CPU. There is not too many reviews yet on this but on notebookcheck it shows that it is roughly equivalent to a stock i7 920.

At ~1050 euro that is an amazing price without even considering the 8gb ram, 750gig HD and blu-ray drive! Would have expected something like this to cost at least 2000 easily.

I am very very tempted to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Nice specs, but don't forget the German keyboard layout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

keyboards can easily be changed tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Awesome price for that laptop. Almost too low, wonder if its a pricing mistake?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

TiNcAn wrote: »
    If you read the reviews of the graphics card you find that is comparable to a gtx460 in a desktop which is very impressive. It stomps over all other mobile graphics out there atm.

Um... no. That card is equivalent to a desktop GT430, aka GT240 aka 9600GTS.
    I doubt it. Plus shame to have all that power on a 15" screen.

Why? Its small and portable (for a power laptop) and you can always hook up an external screen :p
    Awesome price for that laptop. Almost too low, wonder if its a pricing mistake?

Pre-order most likely, and bear in mind its no gaming lappy, GT540 isn't that awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TiNcAn

<Ninja edit>

Found the graphics card it was relating to.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-485M.42883.0.html
    I had got it mistaken with one of the 5** series so my apologies.
    The 540m aint terrible for gaming however, it would suffice for most needs.

The GTX485m on the other hand is an absolute beast that is comparable to a desktop gtx460?
    I am loving these new sandybridge laptops.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Why? Its small and portable (for a power laptop) and you can always hook up an external screen :p

Isn't that the idea of a laptop?? But for gaming, a 15" screen is useless really, and hooking it up to an external sort fo defeats the purpose!

Its an ok price, for an ok laptop, with a decent processor. Certainly nothing to write home about though.

Its a non-gaming-oriented desktop replacement. And for gaming laptops its usually a case of smaller = better (read: more practical) anyway. You just hook up a low-res 19" screen at home, on the go you'll have it on your lap so screen size isn't as important (resolution bloat and physical size/weight/power draw are major drawbacks for laptop screens and often outweigh the benefits!). Not everyone is a weight-lifter and you'd need to be one to lug around a 17" lappy! If you carried one around a lot you'd well know that even a 15" model is diabolical! :eek::P

Isn't that the idea of a laptop?? But for gaming, a 15" screen is useless really, and hooking it up to an external sort fo defeats the purpose!

Its an ok price, for an ok laptop, with a decent processor. Certainly nothing to write home about though.

Buying a 'gaming laptop' is like buying a hummer. It looks cool, but you keep having to stop every few miles to put in more petrol, it never really does what you expected it would, and you could have easily gotten a proper car that'd do a much better job, for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I saw that, and posted on it. And reported him for profiteering.

Don't go near him. Hardly a bargain alert, selling it for €25 above the retail price.
    Note how i did use the word "haggling". His previous offers was 240 and 250!

Note how i did use the word "haggling". His previous offers was 240 and 250!

And he seems unwilling to budge from his overpricing...

Did you see the last post?
    I saw your ad two days ago, you said you got the processor from Komplett... Now you're saying you bought it from Overclockers and your previous ad is nowhere to be found.
    Strange.
    Snared rapid, so it would seem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Did you see the last post?

Snared rapid, so it would seem!

He said (the first time it was listed) that he had one from ocuk and one ready to be collected from komplett.
    Looks like he is trying to justify his "price" by linking the more expensive.

Either way i wouldn't buy from him even if he does lower his price.

Ahh right. Obviously bought from OCUK in haste, I think they had them available for pre-order, or listed before they went on sale. It would explain why he hasn't listed a mobo for it. He hasn't said if it's been used or not, so buyer beware.

Buyer beware? Just buy a new one, from Komplett or Dabs, and get it Cheaper.

Tekheads.co.uk have them in stock also.

I was also privvy to his previous thread where I lambasted him and reported him for profiteering.

knobjockey.

Buyer beware? Just buy a new one, from Komplett or Dabs, and get it Cheaper.
    I don't think you understand me. I am suggesting that somebody could get this for a couple of quid cheaper than Komplett.

I don't think you understand me. I am suggesting that somebody could get this for a couple of quid cheaper than Komplett.

Tbh the lad seems like a right knob, wouldn't be worth it..

I understand you just fine. But I've spoken to the guy, on two of his ads for that CPU. He is not going to budge on price, its not a bargain. He'd probably give you an old celeron in the box lol

I understand you just fine. But I've spoken to the guy, on two of his ads for that CPU. He is not going to budge on price, its not a bargain. He'd probably give you an old celeron in the box lol

Two ads for that CPU? And was he charging over cost for it the second time? Time for Smashey or Steve to have a chat with him if he does. Profiteering is strictly prohibited on Adverts.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Two ads for that CPU? And was he charging over cost for it the second time? Time for Smashey or Steve to have a chat with him if he does. Profiteering is strictly prohibited on Adverts.

yep I had replied a few times.along with others on the ad. Then I found the advert again but realised it must be a new ad. Same cpu, same price.

He gave more detail on where and why he bought 2 of them in the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

**** i was gonna get that ibood offer (SSD) but some friends called over and one thing led to another and i just got a chance to get online now. obv. its gone, but will it ever be back? do ibood ever repeat anything?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    **** i was gonna get that ibood offer (SSD) but some friends called over and one thing led to another and i just got a chance to get online now. obv. its gone, but will it ever be back? do ibood ever repeat anything?

You could go for a 90GB or 120GB SSD for cheaper than iBood's 180GB drive.

Advertisement