Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting email

• 25-02-2010 6:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

So I'm sure we're all accustomed to the usual Nigerian prince type email,but here's one that I received this morning that's slightly different and made me smile.... at least the guy made an effort :)

Aire

Tб mй an tUasal Patrick KW Chan an Stiъrthуir Feidhmiъchбin agus Prнomh-Oifigeach airgeadais Hang Seng Bank Ltd, Hong Cong.
    Tб mй togra gnу brabъsaн leasa choitinn a roinnt le leat; Baineann sй leis an aistriъ suim mhуr airgid.
    Fuair mй do tagairt i mo cuardach a dhйanamh ar dhuine a oireann mo chaidreamh gnу molta.
    Mб tб suim agat i obair liom teagmhбil a dhйanamh liom mo trн r-phost prнobhбideach (mrpatkwchan52@yahoo.com.hk) le haghaidh tuilleadh sonraн

Dearbhуfar do fhreagra tъisce chun an litir seo a mhуr.

An tUasal Patrick Chan
    E-mail: mrpatkwchan52@yahoo.com.hk

Can anyone translate for me? I can only get bits n pieces:o

God love him he went to soo much effort for an email I was always just going to laugh at!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Russian Charicters used in an Irish 419 Spam Email.. Sent from a Hong Kong Email acccount..

So very, very Awesome :D

/deploys 5 stars to thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's because most of it makes no sense. I'm guessing it was google translated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I can translate it and summarise it into one word:

Scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭terryincork

it must be real then..its certainly beleivable! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

blah blah blah it reads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've got 419 scams through the regular post recently as well. Allegedly someone with a similar name who got caught in the tsunami and left X MILLION US DOLLARS ready for me to pick up from a bank in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭terryincork

robinph wrote: »
    I've got 419 scams through the regular post recently as well. Allegedly someone with a similar name who got caught in the tsunami and left X MILLION US DOLLARS ready for me to pick up from a bank in Spain.

And you didn't go get it? Silly..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

jobucks wrote: »
    Can anyone translate for me? I can only get bits n pieces:o

I am Mr. Patrick KW Chan Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer Hang Seng Bank Ltd, Hong Kong.
    I have a business proposal brabúsaí common interest to share with you;
    It concerns the transfer of a large sum of money.
    I found your reference in my search for someone who suits my proposed business relationship.
    If you are interested in working to contact me through my private email (mrpatkwchan52@yahoo.com.hk) for further details

Your response to the letter earlier this big.

Mr Patrick Chan
    E-mail: mrpatkwchan52@yahoo.com.hk

From here.

Fair play to Paddy Chan, he gave it a shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Charco wrote: »
    Fair play to Paddy Chan, he gave it a shot anyway.

As if any Irish person would have "a large sum of money" these days.

....unless it's from Willie O'Dea or John O'Donoghue ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Chinese, what will they think of next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

a real patriot would email him back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Magnus wrote: »
    The Chinese, what will they think of next?

"Look at them there. Aren't they great!"

/Fr Ted Quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

KingLoser wrote: »
    a real patriot would email him back...

Lol, send him back a big long spiel in Irish. Think of the amount of time it'll take him to translate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Degag_ wrote: »
    Lol, send him back a big long spiel in Irish. Think of the amount of time it'll take him to translate it!
    Preferably in about 4 different dialects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Chinese, a great bunch of lads

Already done here It's a direct translation from English using Google translate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Its about time really.

After all any militant Gaelgoir will point out that it is their civil right as an Irish speaker (TM) to receive their 419 spam in their native language :pac:

Do the spammers realise there are grants available for this sort of thing ?

Advertisement