Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed shower arm for concealed shower valve

Options
  • 22-02-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im trying to figure out how Im supposed to fit the following shower arm.
    Shower Arm Spec

Basically its a shower arm threaded at both ends.
    One end for the shower head and the other for the pipe. There is also a single screw on cover plate to conceal the hole.

But for the life of me I cant see what holds it in place?

I could fix the pipe to the wall behind with a 90% bend with wall bracket built in, but then if the wall +tiles are deeper than the shower arm I'm screwed.

The other arms Ive seen have a back nut that screws on so the wall is between the back nut and the cover plate, but again how do you fit this if its inside the wall?!

Any ideas? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,977 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There is a right angle fitting I got which had a 3/4" compression fitting on one side and a threaded flange on the other, that the shower arm screwed into. In addition, there were two lugs with holes so this fitting could be securely screwed to the wall.

Worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

cnocbui wrote: »
    There is a right angle fitting I got which had a 3/4" compression fitting on one side and a threaded flange on the other, that the shower arm screwed into. In addition, there were two lugs with holes so this fitting could be securely screwed to the wall.

Worked a treat.

Its called a 317w wall plate ;) and it should be 1/2" as this is the arm size

Advertisement