Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Military & Reenactment Shows 2010

• 20-02-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

5th & 6th of June 2010

Leopardstown Hospital Reenactors & Military Vehicle Show

4th, 5th, & 6th of June 2010

Duncannon 2010

28th & 29th of August 2010

Salute Reenactors & Military show

Unfortunatly two of these shows clash Leopardstown & Duncannon, does anyone know of any other shows here or in the UK? I would like to get to a few of these this year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

War and peace will be the big one in the uk can not recall date of the top of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Stone.cold wrote: »
    5th & 6th of June 2010

Leopardstown Hospital Reenactors & Military Vehicle Show

4th, 5th, & 6th of June 2010

Duncannon 2010

28th & 29th of August 2010

Salute Reenactors & Military show

Unfortunatly two of these shows clash Leopardstown & Duncannon, does anyone know of any other shows here or in the UK? I would like to get to a few of these this year

I'd say hit duncannon, laopardstown wasn't up to much last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

gerrowadat wrote: »
    yeah had every intention of going down last year but it didnt happen definatly want to see it

Puding wrote: »
    War and peace will be the big one in the uk can not recall date of the top of my head
    21st - 25th of July http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/

oh i think i will definatly be heading to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

surly you mean it the other way around! duncannon is going to be dead this year with the ammount of people/groups already booked in for leapordstown!

and the leapordstown show is for charity!

• Advertisement

there is also the curraugh show, its small and im not sure of the dates off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

thermo wrote: »
    surly you mean it the other way around! duncannon is going to be dead this year with the ammount of people/groups already booked in for leapordstown!

details ?

should be an IAA presence at Duncannon and Salute not sure on leporrdstown yet

http://livinghistory.ie/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1326

thats where i found out about it

Gatling wrote: »
    details ?

should be an IAA presence at Duncannon and Salute not sure on leporrdstown yet

the leapordstown show is being run in the grounds of the VA hospital (to which all profits go) over the june bank holiday, using the parking facilities at the racecourse.

http://livinghistory.ie/viewtopic.php?t=1268&f=4

according to this its going to be bigger than ever

• Advertisement

of course the organisers of duncannonare saying its gonna be bigger, they are trying to get the other show to be a flop so next year the two guys who run duncannon will be rich again!

half the advertisted groups in the duncannon ad are not going to be there.
    Are you involved in the running of the Leopardstown one? plus if Salute are running it sure ya might aswell go to Salute

im not personally involved in the running of the show but i know all those who are! and i would support the leapordstown over duncannon. better to the monies go to charity than line the pockets of two individuals,,,,,,,,,
    true enough but if your travelling its value for money thats important to me

true enough but if your travelling its value for money thats important to me

its a good point, its up to everybody where they want to go and where they think they will get the most bang for their buck!
    im only trying to inform people that due to the numbers wishing to attend leapordstown and knowing the groups involved, that duncannon is looking at having a significantly smaller attendance this year with regards re-enactors, the vehicles and traders than in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Actually I meant the one in the curragh. My bad. Last years one was a few vehicles and some bored army lad with a radar truck.

Actually I meant the one in the curragh. My bad. Last years one was a few vehicles and some bored army lad with a radar truck.

agreed it usually is a small show but i hear this year they are making an effort to attract more re-enactors and vehicles.

il contact the orgainisers this evening and have a chat

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Also to point out that this argument re: duncannon is spilling over from another forum. If you have a problem with the organisers of Duncannon may I respectfully suggest it's dealt with directly , as opposed to running down an event here.

you know what forget it i started this thread to get info on shows not so it could be turned into a slanging match. Mods please lock this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Thread locked for now, I'll come back and view over it when I have more time and hand out bans/infractions if/where necessary.

rommel1945 banned permanently, as far as I can see, the only reason you registered an account here was to cause hassle on this thread (trolling), give out personal abuse and threaten legal action against boards.ie, 3 bannable offences out of 4 posts.

thermo narrowly escapes a ban only because he deleted his own posts in an attempt to stop the ongoing argument.

I'll re-open this thread for now, anyone causing hassle will not be warned and will be banned straight off.

• Advertisement

21st - 25th of July http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/

oh i think i will definatly be heading to this

I'll be there for the whole show, and also about a week before hand, it's a great show and definitely worth heading over for, stay a few days if you can.

There is a lot to take in. Last year was the first time I was there and even though we were there from before it opened to the public I still didn't get to see everything. You could spend a day or two just going around the stalls, nevermind even looking at vehicles or reenactments.

was only talking about war and peace with lemmings the other night ,
    ive been give my options sennybridge or nothing (damn redheads)

i hear its well worth attending if you can get over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

ive been give my options sennybridge or nothing (damn redheads)

dont say that too loud gatling ur mrs might here

(EHEM)
    sexist forum that way
    >

Used to attend the war and peace each year when I used to live in the uk this will be my first year back after a 7 year gap, as said you need the full weekend to see everything especialy if you plan to do some shooing:) one stall over at the show can have more militeria on sale than the complete duncannon or salute show, it's the gold ribben event for collectors and reenactors and most from Ireland will be attending, well from the ones I meet at duncannon at least

Aye, there's a good crowd from the IMVG that head over, will have to give you my number and arrange to meet up when you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I have heard that there will be limitations to display and carrying of RIF's at Duncannon this year (all RIF's will be locked away by management at night) This is just what I have heard so it's not gospel.I don't see this as being a big problem as it is a small price to pay for attending what IMHO is a great spectical and social event.It was one of the best weekends I had last year and I will definitely be attending this year.

I hear as well that some restrictions on storage will be in place to keep the authority happy, as far as I was aware will only effect storage at end of the day and over night, thb it all seems responable with the new law in place

dont see it being much of an issuse having gear in lock down after end of business ,
    wonder will all rifs have to be in the armoury or confined to car boots etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Garry O Brien

Hello you might consider the following:
    , just a quick update on the show, you can visit our site at http://munstermilitariafairs.com/
    or view the info below.
    Thanks for your time,
    Garry.
    Next Munster Militaria Fair on April 3, 2010
    Many thanks to all the visitors and traders who attended in November and helped to make the first militaria fair in Cork such a big success. There was a great display of medals, uniforms, insignia, medieval armour, and some very interesting exhibits all around.

The next fair is scheduled for Saturday, April 3rd, 2010 at the same location, i.e. the Metropole Hotel, MacCurtain Street, Cork City, but due to the large numbers who attended in November the fair will be held in the larger Ballroom venue at the Metropole. Opening hours for the public will be 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Traders can set up displays from 8:00 a.m. on the day, or on Friday evening the 2nd of April from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Public Admission: €2.00
    Children under 12: free

Tables (6′ by 2.5′ approx) for traders are again priced at €20, or two tables for €30. If you would like to participate, either as a trader or to represent a re-enactment group, then please contact us for more information. All are most welcome.

Hope to see you all again soon.
    For Dealer/Exhibitor Booking please contact Gary O'Brien on 086 873 1497 or harp1@eircom.net
    OR
    Martin McAree on 087 678 0133 or nerva@romanarmy.ie
    Con O'Sullivan on 087 922 2433 or conosullivan@mail.com

• Advertisement

dont see it being much of an issuse having gear in lock down after end of business ,
    wonder will all rifs have to be in the armoury or confined to car boots etc

I believe it is all rifs, which makes sense as where all in the same boat know. And storage is to be arranged and secured by the event organizers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anamcara64

might just go to leopordstown as been to some others and heard this will be a good one to attend , detling and beltring in england are exceelent shows been going there for years in various guises i highly recommend .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Garry O Brien

Cork City Gaol Military Show

(Sundays Well, Cork City)

Saturday & Sunday August 7-8, 2010.

We are pleased to announce the dates for the Cork City Gaol Military Show in Cork City.

The venue is the historic gaol in Cork City, currently a museum. http://www.corkcitygaol.com/
    The event will take place within the extensive grounds and perimeter of the gaol.

On display will be military vehicles form all periods up to and beyond WW2.
    Reenactors from various armies and eras will be in attendance displaying their uniforms, equipment and arms.
    Military traders / dealers will be on site for the collector and all manner of items will be for sale including medals, uniforms, helmets, etc.

For a great weekend out for the whole family!

Contact details:

Event Co-ordinator: Gerard McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

Was in Duncannon today, the show was Savage!!!

Just back from leopardstown myself, great day today, more tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

does anyone know if the leopardstown show is on monday

• Advertisement

No, its just saturday/sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Just for info: military shows are listed in my calendars, often several months in advance. Click on one of the links in my sig.

Just back from leopardstown again, got most of the kit/vehicles packed up fairly swiftly. A good day today, bit quieter due to the heavy rain in the morning, but overall leopardstown was a very well run and enjoyable show.

just got back from duncannon myself , great weekend all round got to meet some friendly faces again, from what i've heard both shows got nice weather and a good time had by all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Anyone know if there's any Airsoft related stuff coming up in the nest Salute? The IAA doing anything this year?

• Advertisement

Should be there as usual as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gunny

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to get to War and Peace. Im going to travel by car and would appreciate any guidance on which route to take. Thanks

Hey gunny, the IMVG drive over with a small convoy of vehicles every year, myself and Ms. KD will be making the trip over this year too, we get the ferry to Liverpool and go approximately from Liverpool towards Stoke on Trent past Uttoxeter to the M1, follow this all the way to London, taking the M25 around London and going over the Dartford Bridge.

This route is fairly refined over a few years of experience, but it also takes into account getting an overnight ferry which arrives into Birkenhead/Liverpool about 8am and plenty of time to get to the show allowing for old vehicles with a max speed of about 80km/h and fairly regular stops every 2 to 2.5 hours.

In a regular vehicle, I would expect to do the journey in about 6 hours allowing for 2 rest stops.

If you use google maps to plot the route from Birkenhead to Paddock Wood it's a fairly good example, but I would try to avoid Birmingham

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gunny

Thanks for that kdouglas, thats very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Any more on the Salute show. Will there be an IAA/Airsoft presence? Or do we just go and drool over the gear on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Yes, we're working on it. There'll be more detail in a couple of weeks.

Just finishing up loading the land rover to get the ferry tonight, will be at the hop farm for the war and peace show until the 26th. Show opens to the public on the 21st.

If anyone is heading over give me a shout, the irish camp will be the one flying the tricolor in the americas field.

Anyone any idea what's in store for salute this yr? will it be more of the same or is there anything different planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

We're waiting.:D

Any more Salute news guys. I might be available to give you a hand for the Sunday. This will depend on whether I can get my brother to bring my nephews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

I thought KD would have posted, as don't think as a site owner i can't post it up.

PS: Ozcam might post some of the details.

Paul.

• Advertisement
Advertisement