Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X rated Euro note GOOD any others are rubbish

Options
  • 17-02-2010 12:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

X rated Euro note GOOD any others are rubbish if your planning to go to Germany for holidays busness etc

Seems that the German people have had eneogh with the Euro note con game that Greece exposed and they now only accept the euro starting with X on the serial number

So if your gonna go on holiday to Germany go with Euro notes with X as the start of the serial number

Wiki explains which number applies to each country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_banknotes

Anyway the germans have 80% of the all the Euros stashed in thier banks as they are in surplus.
    The rest of the basket case PIGS France Italy are in major deficit so effectivily own between them less than 20% of the Euro

This means that when the Euro blows up which the socite General bank predicts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250433/Greece-debt-bailout-EU-leaders-split-euro-crisis.html

will happen the most valuable Euro will be german printed ones marked with X

Yada Yada the Irish government will say its impossible and just remind them Humpty dumpty.......

Soon to come to bank near you will be the new Irish punt and it wont be worth a toss after they devalue it relative to the new (Duro) German owned euro so the more X rated Euros you collect now the better

I got two Euro notes fivties with X what bids for it with Belguim Z prefix I figure as closest most secure and will I consider 102 euros in Belguim Euros and 150 Euros in Irish Euros prefix T and Me dont wont touch a greek Euro note prefix Y

Bidding starts now and ebay will be awash with crap Y prefix notes soon

Derry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

So Y Euro notes are worthless now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Jesus this stupid email is years old FFS.

Nate

Edit:- LOL now he's quoting the Daily Fail ahahahaha!
    derry wrote: »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250433/Greece-debt-bailout-EU-leaders-split-euro-crisis.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Are XY or XX notes any good?

LOL at X rated notes, sounds kinky

• Registered Users Posts: 33,120 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is news to me and I use them over here all the time. Don't remember anyone even looking.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Those damn greeks, always exposing things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

NothingMan wrote: »
    Those damn greeks, always exposing things!

:eek:
    He was so.....
    Hairy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Can I pay you 102 euro in Y notes for your two X rated 50's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I reckon we should drop the yoyo and get into sterling, actually feels like money and the english woman are mad for it.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

X rated Euro note GOOD any others are rubbish if your planning to go to Germany for holidays busness etc ....
    Derry

Is it April Fool's already? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I'll even make a special XXX rated €102 note featuring 3 members of Girls Aloud and Rolf Harris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I've been to Germany several times throughout the past three years.

Never once has a German person checked the serial number of the legal tender that I pay over for goods/services.

Urban myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

i just checked the solitary note which i happen to still own and its portuguese . . .aren't they the worst after the greeks???? damn M . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I reckon we should drop the yoyo and get into sterling, actually feels like money and the english woman are mad for it.........;)

I think you may be onto something. If this latest 'bubble' proves one thing, it's that we're not fit to govern ourselves. Let's be honest, we've lurched from one economic crisis to the next since declaring independance and the only way to solve our problems is to rejoin the union. That's if they'll have us of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Tesco self scan till used to refuse notes with any serial number that starts with X, think they've fixed it now though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Will I be able to buy shotguns and beans with my X euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Tesco self scan till used to refuse notes with any serial number that starts with X, think they've fixed it now though

It's a conspiracy, they just did that so you'd have to spend it in Lidl/Aldi instead and all the X's get back to Germany muwahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Y did i read this thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

i just checked the solitary note which i happen to still own and its portuguese . . .aren't they the worst after the greeks???? damn M . . .

Its lunch time now
    I wonder how many wallets will be checked in this time
    Buy this afternoon the office will be abuzz have you change for a fivety.
    You look and its Y no way Hose:D

Another source of the fall of the Euro from a money market guy who bets gazzilion against any currency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1gc_As8grk&feature=related

Derry

mathie wrote: »
    Will I be able to buy shotguns and beans with my X euros?

Only in Finland.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Only in Finland.

are the Finns in Euroland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

should have a rating system for ah threads. i'd give this a z minus.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Reading the title I thought that there was going to be naked ladies on some of the notes. They would be the most valuablest of all! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

FFS the daily mail

Whatever about the PIGS (€), USUK ($,£).

We are tied to the Euro. We were tied to STG. Our DEBT is in Euro. No going back. STG and Dollar are not in the healthiest of shapes themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

X rated Euro note GOOD any others are rubbish if your planning to go to Germany for holidays busness etc

Seems that the German people have had eneogh with the Euro note con game that Greece exposed and they now only accept the euro starting with X on the serial number

So if your gonna go on holiday to Germany go with Euro notes with X as the start of the serial number

Wiki explains which number applies to each country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_banknotes

Anyway the germans have 80% of the all the Euros stashed in thier banks as they are in surplus.
    The rest of the basket case PIGS France Italy are in major deficit so effectivily own between them less than 20% of the Euro

will happen the most valuable Euro will be german printed ones marked with X

Yada Yada the Irish government will say its impossible and just remind them Humpty dumpty.......

Soon to come to bank near you will be the new Irish punt and it wont be worth a toss after they devalue it relative to the new (Duro) German owned euro so the more X rated Euros you collect now the better

I got two Euro notes fivties with X what bids for it with Belguim Z prefix I figure as closest most secure and will I consider 102 euros in Belguim Euros and 150 Euros in Irish Euros prefix T and Me dont wont touch a greek Euro note prefix Y

Bidding starts now and ebay will be awash with crap Y prefix notes soon

Derry

Ahhh crap! Did I fall asleep and wake up in 2004 again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

bluefinger wrote: »
    should have a rating system for ah threads. i'd give this a z minus.

Rating with your method the Beguim Euros are Z :eek:EEEKK

so mayby Z is worth less than even dead duck Y

so bids are now changed to 2 X rated fiveties will be 110 French prefix U

Derry

Rating with your method the Beguim Euros are Z :eek:EEEKK

so mayby Z is worth less than even dead duck Y

so bids are now changed to 2 X rated fiveties will be 110 French prefix

Derry

Derry, you're full of ****. Read some of the replies - we're not stupid. Your story is bull****, your offer is a scam.

how much will you give me for my M rated €20??? :D

how much will you give me for my M rated €20??? :D

divide by 1.260731 = £15.75.

I'll give you £15 IEP for your M-reged €20 note:D

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »
    divide by 1.260731 = £15.75.

I'll give you £15 IEP for your M-reged €20 note:D

Oh yeah i've just remembered . . .the bank, or any shop will accept it for a full €20 regardless of the serial number . . .;):D

Advertisement