Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

29-04-2010, 21:56   #196
Shazanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkaman View Post
sound like you and me suffer the same thing mate.... i'm currently trying to keep my dinner down here and not freek out about tonight,

i just feel like such a plonker for feeling like this.....

lifes never easy is it....?

and thanks ..

tikkaman.
Please dont feel odd for being like this. It's an illness that none of us can help. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tonight and I really hope it goes well for you - I really do. And, if it does, it will be a major milestone for you. But, if it doesn't, don't despair and please don't let it stop you trying again.
Advertisement
30-04-2010, 00:04   #197
C_Dawg

Quote:
i just feel like such a plonker for feeling like this.....
Just remember it's not your fault for being like this
30-04-2010, 00:36   #198
ashblag
Closed Account

hi new to this forum....been free from the grips of deppression for over 2 years it's creeped its ugly head back up for the last 2months..gone quickly into a down ward spiral..very low period..no feelings to describe just feel numb...have no concentration what so ever, have been off work for 3 weeks.
Back on meds so AGAIN lexapro 20mg xanax and a sleeping tabled...seeing as how only gettin two hours a night. Im hoping this phase doesnt last long took 5weeks to get me back to work the last big episode...I'm really worried about loosing my job being out but my work is stressfull there is no way my head can take that at the moment......

thank god for ciggerets!!!!! can be lonely when awake all night
30-04-2010, 15:13   #199
C_Dawg

Hey ashblag,

I found even just reading the thread here was a great comfort, just knowing others feel the same makes it less horrible. Plus with stories of success it's good inspiration too. Keep posting here
30-04-2010, 18:54   #200
ashblag
Closed Account

Thanks C_Dawg
it's just hard being back here again...having to go through the whole period of waiting for the meds to kick in and work again.
I just find myself sitting and staring into space a lot....No interest....
Cancelling social events that a few months ago i would have been right up for.
The mind is a scary scary thing
I feel just frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
01-05-2010, 20:13   #201
C_Dawg

Saturday night alone sucks
02-05-2010, 14:16   #202
tikkaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dawg View Post
Saturday night alone sucks

i can totally agree with tht mate, my night out went ok, a few minor hic ups, and thinking errors, but i made it to the bar, and stayed for about 2 1/2 hours,

my cbt coach was with me... And was pointing out things i was freting over, but my anxiety was still there,

its a step in the right direction, my matter how hard it seemed at the time...

but on friday i felt like a total nut for feeling like this, while watching others smiply ENJOY themselves, or at least they looked like they did.

tikkaman...
02-05-2010, 14:55   #203
C_Dawg

Quote:
i can totally agree with tht mate, my night out went ok, a few minor hic ups, and thinking errors, but i made it to the bar, and stayed for about 2 1/2 hours
Well done Tikkaman

It's not about making the giant leaps but the baby steps
Thanks from:
02-05-2010, 18:33   #204
Alter_me

Just wondering does anyone here share a house or apartment with strangers? I might have to move soon, and I absolutely dread the thought of having to move in with strangers. but can't afford to live by myself, so might not have the choice. It's not just the having to make the effort in terms of moods, but just dealing with all the things that can be (or I know will be) problems. I'd try to find somewhere with just one other person, but still I wouldn't know how to deal with things.......
Advertisement
02-05-2010, 20:43   #205
phi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_me View Post
Just wondering does anyone here share a house or apartment with strangers? I might have to move soon, and I absolutely dread the thought of having to move in with strangers. but can't afford to live by myself, so might not have the choice. It's not just the having to make the effort in terms of moods, but just dealing with all the things that can be (or I know will be) problems. I'd try to find somewhere with just one other person, but still I wouldn't know how to deal with things.......
I did during college and spent most of my time alone in my room. Even brought my meals back to my room and all. I live on my own now. It is expensive but it's better for my sanity. Just my experience.
02-05-2010, 21:02   #206
I wish..

Like most here I too have suffered with depression long term, I was coming right and then BAM! - was diagnosed with MS as well as the attack which brought about the diagnosis

anyway, Ive been left (compared to how I was before) SEVERELY affected, cant walk any kind of distance, getting to the shops and back is a mission which I have to fight on a regular basis. I was SO fit before, would cycle hundreds of miles a week all through the year, I was an outdoors person alround.

When everyone feels that 'cloud' coming over, what do you guys do to help it pass? I would normally go training or get some fresh air..cant do that anymore like I could before :cries:
given my active lifestyle of before I didnt have much interest in TV or doing things indoors, I also play guitar, but the way the MS effects me it effects my hand so although playing it is possible, and actually to an untrained ear it sounds as good as always (which is damn good ) the fact is it takes alot more effort and concentration to play than it did before.

Im rambling now

so like I say what do you guys do while the storm is raging, to help it pass? Not much seems to work for me anymore

ahh..thatsa a little better!

03-05-2010, 14:51   #207
ashblag
Closed Account

So guys on this beautifull sunny day im sitting inside full with dread and fear...it's been decided i go back to work tommorrow after 3weeks off. This depression episode is not lifting!!!!!!!!!!!! The anxiety i have is overwhelming
I work in a very fast paced stressfull job i dont know if i can do it tommorrow. I can bearly concentrate reading a book or watching tv at the moment.
I dont want to loose my job..cant loose my job...I'm actually sick to my stomach right now
03-05-2010, 22:05   #208
Shazanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashblag View Post
So guys on this beautifull sunny day im sitting inside full with dread and fear...it's been decided i go back to work tommorrow after 3weeks off. This depression episode is not lifting!!!!!!!!!!!! The anxiety i have is overwhelming
I work in a very fast paced stressfull job i dont know if i can do it tommorrow. I can bearly concentrate reading a book or watching tv at the moment.
I dont want to loose my job..cant loose my job...I'm actually sick to my stomach right now
Your message has really touched my heart and I truly, truly wish there was something I could do to help you. I can feel the pain and fear you are going through and I feel totally powerless. All I can do is try to pass you some strength through this thread and to let you know that I will be sending you what strength I have tomorrow to help you through the day.
03-05-2010, 22:55   #209
bob50

hi Ashblag as another poster says i also feel your pain Im in a simalar position have been out of work with depression and after a week or two its so hard go back my problem is i never told my bosses i suffered with depression i always said i had chest infections or asthma attacks which is true but now this goodam black mood is back and i will have to tell themat some stage that makes me worry even worse

Anyway best of luck tomorrow
03-05-2010, 23:06   #210
C_Dawg

I've been out of work since August. I'm very lucky that I still live at home so don't have the debts and money commitments that a lot of you might have. I feel like a dosser at times though, which only serves to make me feel worse

No job is worth your health
Thread Closed