Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Mon 15/2 19:30 3RRB vs Steau needarest

Options
  • 14-02-2010 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Keeper -

Clayton - In

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan - In
    Ed - In
    Geoff - In
    Graham - In
    Mick - In
    Michael - In
    Keith - College
    Andy - Injured

Midfielders -

Alan - Out
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Dave - In
    Gav - In
    Martin - In
    Kenny - In

Strikers -

Art - Injured
    Gary - Work
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm out for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am in for this it's my last match of the season...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

With you getting married, you wont be allowed out to play anymore Michael :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm injured again, ill probably be out for a couple of weeks. I'll come along to cheer you on to victory tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pretty decent squad out tonight. lets batter them and get back into 2nd place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Out for this one. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

3-1 loss and another underwhelming performance. We did actually play some nice football at times but didn't get into that flow often enough to make things happen.

They were even more long ball than last week and we just didn't deal with it at all as effectively as we should have, neither last week or this week. Their keeper this week had an absolute rocket of a kick and those throws are a lethal weapon - it's akin to having 25 perfectly delivered corners in a match.

It also means that they totally take midfield out of the game because there's no chance to win back possession in the middle third when we give away a throw. So all that made for a very unusual game as they have an effective style that they make work for them, but you won't come across that very often...though when you do you have to deal with it better than we did. For the possession we had I actually thought we did pretty well with it at times when we had it. Heads up and let's set about taking the remaining 9 points available and build from there for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

One thing I'll say. There are top end Premiership teams who can't deal properly with a well delivered long, powerful throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That's very true Des...it literally is like dealing with 25 or so top class corners in a match so it really is some weapon. We should actually look at seeing who on our team can throw it furthest and see if they can develop it further to give us that option.

Anyone know a site that gives tips on how to throw it further? Took a quick search on the web and youtube and didn't find anything. I'd say technique is the main factor. I did notice that the guy was doing a scissors kick action with his feet right before throwing it so that must help.

• Advertisement

I'll give this a try, i've a decent throw I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I can do it. I'm not as tall as yer man though so it wouldn't be quite as effective, it's all about technique though as I wouldn't have that much upper body strength. Decent shoulders from swimming is about it. Something to practice in a friendly possibly.

Advertisement