Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

India Gate. Belgard road Tallaght

Options
  • 13-02-2010 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, as a man who knows his Indian food, I thought this little beauty needed to be shared with the rest of you curry heads outbthere!
    India Gate on the Belgard Road in Tallaght (just after Burgerking on the left hand side towards Newlands cross) do a fan dabby dozey offer of, for starters pick either Vegetable Samosa AND seekh kebab, or Onion bhaji AND chicken Tikka, (so 2 starters really)
    your choice of ANY mains dish, that's right, includes chefs special curries no restrictions on choosing chicken lamb or prawns (I reccomend gettin their Dopiaza! Mmm mmm mmm!!!!!
    1 x portion of pilau rice
    and 1 x naan bread
    comes with portion of poppadoms, and mint dip and your usual little tray of onions and salad etc!

And what do they charge for this feast of meal that would more or less feed two people?
    €12.95!!!!

Theirs an Indian quite nearby that would charge in the region of about 25 euro for the same order, but it's nowhere near the quality of this grub!
    And as an added bonus, the girl serving is hotter than vindaloo! Lol!

They do. Similar deal for vegetarians also, think it's around 11 euro, and I believe they have Another establishment around Rathfarnham (nutgrove)
    go, eat, enjoy!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Thats a great deal... We've been going to our local Indian and for the same deal its €18 a head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Yeah, to be honest they have had this deal for a while, but I only thought to post this after enjoying a delicious meal last night of Chicken Madras which was just the right level of spiciness!)
    all made from fresh ingredients, they have re-vamped their menus, so a lot of new curries on it!
    I use to swear by a certain establishment at Newlands cross, but they have just gone mad Ted And RAISED their prices during a recession??? Some of their curry now costs above 13euro! It's not as good as this place though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gucky wrote: »
    I believe they have Another establishment around Rathfarnham (nutgrove)
    go, eat, enjoy!!!!!

Any word if the one in Rathfarnham (Nutgrove) is doing the same offer?

Any word if the one in Rathfarnham (Nutgrove) is doing the same offer?

I presume they do, the menu lists nutgrove's no with Tallaghts. So looks like the one menu for both takeaways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Love the food out of that place and its great value too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

Yes the India Gate in Rathfarnham does this deal too, has been doing it for a long time. Aside from that, I was there on Friday for this deal http://www.indiagate.ie/Special%20Offer_1.htm and it was amazing (it's my favourite Indian restaurant no matter where I've tried!). No restrictions on anything, order from full menu, any rice or naan you want.

Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Anan

+1. Great food and very good price. Exactly what we need during a recession. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aceform

Thanks for this. but on their website, they've mentioned €20

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

+1. Great food and very good price.
    Got the 12.95 meal offer between myself and g/f last night. Got the chicken jalfrezi, it was really nice we couldn't even finish it!
    Would defo recommend.
    Thanks OP.

Aceform wrote: »
    Thanks for this. but on their website, they've mentioned €20

I'd say that is for a sit in meal perhaps?
    Deffo 12.95 for the takeaway meal. I'd say they owe me a free meal now with the marketing and advertising I've just drummed up for them haha!

The one at newlands cross has seriously taken their eye of the ball now! Don't know if they'll ever start doing deals like this!

Plus I see they a few specials lke curry in a hurry which is your choice of curry in a tray with Chips or rice for a fiver or something!
    These lads are on to a winner! Hope business stays good for them!

• Advertisement

Deffo 12.95 for the takeaway meal. I'd say they owe me a free meal now with the marketing and advertising I've just drummed up for them haha!

Probably for meal in restaurant? Take away is deffo 12.95 though!
    These lads owe me a free meal now with the amount of marketing and advertising I have just provided them lol!
    Excellent food at a fair and honest price! we need more businesses like this in the country!

Plus I see they do a few specials lke curry in a hurry which is your choice of curry in a tray with Chips or rice for a fiver or something!

The one at newlands cross has seriously taken their eye of the ball now! Don't know if they'll ever start doing deals like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

class food from this place... never had a bad meal... tandori butter is fantastic!

they also own the resturant in nutgrove shopping centre..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aceform

Plus I see they a few specials lke curry in a hurry which is your choice of curry in a tray with Chips or rice for a fiver or something!

Cheers, will try them tonight.

Aceform wrote: »
    Cheers, will try them tonight.

You won't be disapointed man!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

do they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

cruachan7 wrote: »
    do they deliver?

Yes
    Tony wrote: »

Edit: you can also get another €5 off if you are with o2 and use their daily treats.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

cruachan7 wrote: »
    do they deliver?

Liver chicken beef pork, they do the lot..

Just an update for all you curry head Out there,
    India Gate have a new menu!
    Some of the currys added are just UNBELIEVABLE!

Try the Achari from "new" curries.

Your choice of lamb chicken or prawns with a medium spicy sauce served with Indian Pickels!

Lads, I'm not messing here, one of the best curries I've tasted in about 10 years!
    And it's still 12.95 for ANY mains, pilau rice, two starters and a naan bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thanks for the tip....I dont get Indian that often (too fattening) and usually use the one at Newlands Cross. Last time I got it I did notice it was more expensive and not as nice as previously.

Will give India Gate a go the next time.....thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Wow - just finished a take away and it was very tasty. Best Indian take away I have had in some time.

Had stopped going to the Indian at Newlands Cross for my weekly take away - price going up / portions smaller / service deteriorating. Delighted to found this little gem.

Got a meal for 1 deal (€12.95) and also a mains with free rice and Popadom. Portions are huge and the 'eyes bigger than belly' syndrome has kicked in. I Should point out I didnt eat them both on my own - Mrs bcirl03 also ate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,822 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That used to be our regular (for years), good quality and ok prices, but the last time their food was crap. They won't be getting my custom again. Glad to see mine wasn't an isolated experience.

Gonna try this crowd soon, seems great value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Tried this place the other week and will be paying another visit this evening. Delicious!

Foolishly, we thought it looked better value to get two of the "meal for one" deal than one "meal for two". We won't make that mistake again. We ate like kings and couldn't finish what was on our plates. I was full as a fat woman's shoe! It wasn't until the next day that we found the TWO naan breads in the oven that we'd forgotten about.

Meal deal for one with an extra main tonight I think. Nyom. :pac:

I just wish they would start delivering to Kill!!!!

I could quite happily dine in the pilau rice on it's own, lovely spices mixd with the rice mmm mmmm mmmm

unkel wrote: »
    That used to be our regular (for years), good quality and ok prices, but the last time their food was crap. They won't be getting my custom again. Glad to see mine wasn't an isolated experience.

Gonna try this crowd soon, seems great value for money!

My theory is that these lads thought they had the Indian takeaway market so
    wn up in the area, so they thought they'd be able to whack up the prices and we wouldn't mind!
    I use to love the chicken chetinad from here, but as said, they then went crazy with their pricing increasing some dishes by more than 2 euro in one swoop, while the quality went way down hill!
    Ah well, they're loss as these other lads less than a mile away will more than happily serve my needs, tastier and cheaper!

GET IN MA BELLY!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Get a free portion of rice and popaddom with every main course when you collect your order

!!! Thats insane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

castie wrote: »
    Get a free portion of rice and popaddom with every main course when you collect your order

!!! Thats insane!!!
    Ha. It's always been that way. Once you collect, the poppadoms and rice are free. Also, they do a deal with any chicken dish, rice and naan bread for €8 during the wek. Brilliant I say....BRILLIANT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I recommend collecting, as delivery can arrive a little cold (i live in clondalkin less than 10 mins away)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

castie wrote: »

!!! Thats insane!!!

Nope !!! It's delicious !!!

:)

• Advertisement

Mmmmm

with the amount of folk who have viewed this thread, I'm debating on whether or not to produce my iPhone and show these kind folk just how much interest my thread generated!

Why thank you Mr Gucky, this ones on the house is what I'd like to hear lol!

Achari with chicken..........

Oh god I'm salivating here.......

Advertisement