Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non payment of wages

Options
  • 12-02-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I work for a small firm, and last month I was told the owner was not able to make my salary payment in full, but she was able to pay 75% of it. Since then, the rest has not been paid. I am due to be getting paid the end of this month, but I presume that she wont be able to make the 25% owed from last month and I guess I wont get paid in full either.

Can anybody advise me on my options ? I need to be fired or made redundant to get social welfare?

Has anybody experienced something like this?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Hi Martin,

To answer your question there is something you can do. I am not a legal professional, but have been seeking information on a nearly identical problem for myself. if you go onto the labour relations website they have all the information with regard to the deduction of wages under the payment of wages act 1991. A complaint can be made to the rights commissioner on this subject as far as I no, but only if your situation meets the criteria underlined. I am not telling you that you have a case, it is up to you to investigate this and decide then for yourself.

The website is very clearly laid out, and you should be able to find out all the information you need. I have included the link below to the website. If you have any problems then as always in this situation it is best to consult legal professional.

I hope everything works out for you!

http://www.employmentrights.ie/en/informationforemployees/paywages/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 negative equity

Hi Martin, just saw your post and realise it is from feb, I am in a similar situation to you but I let it drag on for over a year, one week getting 50% next 75% then 80% and so on always with the promise of getting what's owed soon. never happened am now owed over 8k and have had to leave job as not getting any wages at all. Now i think my former employer will bust his company and any money awarded thru the emplyment appeals tribunal will be null and void. if any one has any advice on this i would love to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The main question here is: does the company have it? You can get all the legal orders you like but you may end up in a queue of creditors.

From your knowledge of the business, does he have it???

Advertisement