Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Easy way to rob a safe!

Options
  • 11-02-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Just call into the premises and tell the staff you are taking the safe - no problems & no questions will be asked!

To avoid embarrassment, I won't mention the town or the premises, but I requested that a large grade 4 safe be removed from my premises (700kg weight) - gave full address details and the guys who were to remove it never turned up.

Rang them this afternoon, and they said they had turned up at the requested time and had removed the safe. - I told them I was sitting on the safe in my premises, so this was not possible.

Seems they called into a premises at the other end of the particular street and just told the staff they were removing the safe and were allowed to do so.

Hopefully when they return the safe they took today, the other company will see the funny side! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Staff person: "hi how can I help you?"

Me: "Oh! Im here for the safe"

"could you hold the door please, its pretty heavy."

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

More fun to use a JCB though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Robbin ATM's where the real money is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I heard by clicking one of those electronic lighters beside it unlocks any safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BillyBoyBad

It is unbelievable what one can get away with with a high vis jacked and a bit of confidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

It's called a Bavarian Fire Drill. And is really quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i once knew a junkie (my schoolfriend's much older brother) who'd go into dixon's wearing a hi-vis vest, and actually ask some young member of staff or another to help him carry televisions out of the shop with him.

balls of fcuking steel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

91011 wrote: »
    To avoid embarrassment, I won't mention the town or the premises, but I requested that a large grade 4 safe be removed from my premises (700kg weight) - gave full address details and the guys who were to remove it never turned up.

Ah go on!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dartz wrote: »
    It's called a Bavarian Fire Drill. And is really quite funny.

Ah good times, my dad and uncle once made their famous stone soup for us back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Seen this happen at our school. The janitor helped some people take out the computers for "repair" including all the screens, mice and keyboards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

91011 wrote: »
    Hopefully when they return the safe they took today, the other company will see the funny side! :)
    The other company should be grateful for having been made aware of some absolute planks that they employ!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

eh, yea, like the story i was told only today about a nacker that walked into an industrial estate in athlone, noticed a new guy driving a forklift in one of the companies,went over to him told him to get off it and he got on it and drove off down to blackberry lane where he lived. . . A neck like a jockeys bollocks i tell you.

Editors note: (that would be me)

The word nacker or Knacker is not used to describe a member of our esteemed and of course very marginalised travelling community. The word Knacker is used to describe members of the travelling community that steal sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I hope they had this playing while taking it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 The Face Kicker

Kick the safe in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Apparently some couple in England did something like this. They wore suits look very business like and hi vis vests. Walked into Tesco store house asked the workers to move some of the more valuable things into a truck. They made off like Persian kings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Steel Pump

Fight steel with steel? hmm, I like your approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Heard of a similar heist in a petrol station. Two lads came in with briefcase and suits, which had the embroidered logo of the company on it, and on their ties. They told the bloke behind the counter that they were from head office, and were there to 'update the till system'. Shop worker said he'd have to call the boss. Rings the boss and explains, he says yeah let them do what they need to do. The two lads walk into the back office, open briefcase and take out shotgun, empty the safe and make off. Stinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

The reverse of this happened to us when we were about to move into our new home in 2003. Our fireplace was supposed to be fitted mid week but when we checked the house at the weekend it hadnt arrived so we contacted the fireplace people. They were adamant that they had fitted it. We lived in an small estate with a cluster of roads, less than 40 houses in total, and most of the rest of the estate was few years old and well established. However it turned out that there was another no. 6 in the estate and thats where our fireplace had ended up.
    Actually now that I write it down, it's not near as funny as your story about the safe. Nice one that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Steel Pump wrote: »
    Fight steel with steel? hmm, I like your approach.

*facepalm*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Happened in a hotel near me too

Two guys were walking down a fire escape of a hotel with a cigarette machine and this dumb bint of a manager stops them and asks them what they're doing. They promptly reply that they are taking the machine away for repair as its broken.

"Oh" she says, "Thats Great. While you're at it, there's one on the top floor that's not working, would you look at that one too?" to which they replied - No Problem

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Banned for trying to get around a siteban.
    Ha, face kicker, you thought you could sneak under the radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I knew a girl years back who walked into Boots in Galway and did a smaller scale version of this.

Some makeup company was running a scratch card promotion - you get a card with every purchase and there was the chance of winning a car on the cards.

She walked in, very well dressed, holding a clipboard and speaking in a fake English accent. Told them there'd be a printing error on the cards and walked out with several hundred of the cards.

She didn't win the car but it was impressive in a weird way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Magnus wrote: »
    Banned for trying to get around a siteban.
    Ha, face kicker, you thought you could sneak under the radar?

What are you banning him for, just kick him in the face!

Advertisement