Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Between 60 and 100?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going unreg for this one. I sarted seeing a guy before Christmas and only recently started to sleep with him. It came up during conversation that he has slept with between 60 and 100 people. He is thirty and spend a year doing the whole travelling thing where is seems he has most notches in his bedpost..

He says most of his mates are around that too. Just wondering is it just me or does that seem high for a thirty year old.

Thanks.

Curious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

IT does a bit.

I thought you were posting about age and thought MMMmmm this could be interesting:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm thirty in April and I think the number is about twleve.

Did he learn anything from sleeping with so many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I don't think having high numbers would make him more likely to be a cheater or anything.

But I would feel more secure if the numbers were lower. I suppose I'd feel slightly more special if the club was more exclusive, but I realise thats a baseless assumption.

If you really like him, just try to get past the maths I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 storybud1

aww...i thought this an age group thing...am i the only over60 using boards?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I cant help but think he's adding on a quite a few!

Why do I say that?

The line "he says most his mates are all around the same" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It's always best not to have these conversations with partners ;)

Firstly I would make sure he is clean.

Secondly, tell him paying for it is null & void. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Thirdly...how can he be unsure of around 40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Well when you are travelling it is possible to have lots and lots. And if he was single for most his 20's, lets say 5 years, and he pulled once a month then thats 60.

So it is well possible and not ridicolously high. But it doesn't mean much other than he just hadn't found the right woman

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If a it was a bloke saying it to a bloke, I'd think he was a liar tbh.

A) It's a fairly high number, even if one was travelling.

B) There's such a big discrepancy between 60 and 100... Does not compute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Leobin wrote: »
    I'm thirty in April and I think the number is about twleve.

Did he learn anything from sleeping with so many?

He learned that he likes sex.

• Advertisement

It would make me curious as to why he doesn't seem to attract repeat custom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

isthisalot wrote: »
    He is thirty and spend a year doing the whole travelling thing where is seems he has most notches in his bedpost..

He says most of his mates are around that too. Just wondering is it just me or does that seem high for a thirty year old.

I suppose at worst he could be accused of a lack of discernment. I agree with the other poster that not being sure of up to 40...a bit suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

OP at least he was honest with you. it be worse if he wasn't.

I know its quite high and if I was going with girl and she told me that number I be little surprised.

But hey dont judge him on that. If he starts to like you and care for you thats all that matters to you.

hope it works for you

Fajitas! wrote: »
    If a it was a bloke saying it to a bloke, I'd think he was a liar tbh.

A) It's a fairly high number, even if one was travelling.

B) There's such a big discrepancy between 60 and 100... Does not compute.

Absolutely - now if it was dvds he had bought and had experiences with :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

isthisalot wrote: »

........decide yourself OP- you obviously have your own benchmark & have actually answered your own question....what sort of re-assurance do you hope to achieve by asking the question here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

It does seem at the higher (but certainly not impossible by any means) end of the scale but then again,Ive always been discerning about what I do with himself.

Like Windsock said,make sure he has had a full STI check and that all is spick and span.Last thing you need is a dose of the pox from Thailand.

Sound advice from Windsock and Ned - a bit old fashioned but to the point and your sexual health is your business too.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here. I was really surprised when he told me that figure and he knew by my reaction that I thought it was a lot. He is a very attractive man, with a outgoing personality, he has no problem chatting or making frienbds. He was in a two year realationship in mid twenties and had other shorter realationships, now he says he has had his lads days and he wants to settle down and wants a family..

I can't help but think that's a high number though, I like him and I'm trying to get past that number and I can say that he has learnt a lot so no complaints in that department.

Yes, I've definately taken your advice on board and it's been raincoats all the way.

Thanks for the posts!

Advertisement