Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Counsellor in Galway

Options
  • 05-02-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi.
    Hope this is the right place to post....
    I would really appreciate any recommendations for counselling services in the Galway City area. A close relative needs help dealing with delayed grief, self-esteem issues, anxiety, etc.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I recommend calling the IACP (Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) or NAPCP (the National Association of Pastoral Counsellors and Psychotherapists).

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

I would recommend the Tivoli Institute, particularly if cost is an issue. It offers sessions with trainee counsellors at very reasonable prices. I found them very useful a few years ago when I felt in need of some counselling but thought it would be beyond my means. They are situated in Ruxton Court, off Dominic Street. Here is the website:

http://www.tivoliinstitute.com

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

If money is an issue, I would recommend Proconsult on Helen St. They means test your payments, so you pay what you can afford. I've found them very helpful:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Have your relative speak to their GP (if they havan't already) and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feline_charm

Thanks for all the replies - sorry not to have responded before.

Money (thankfully, in these times) is not a major problem - I was hoping people might be able to recommend individual counsellors that they have had ood experience with? (I have had counselling myself when I lived in the UK, and got his name from a friend).

Really appreciate the help so far - thanks for the pointers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

Hi all I'm new to the site and think its great.
    I would recommend Pro consult it's located at the corner of Cooke's corner across the road from the pharmacy.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement