Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

albufeira or nerja

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all looking for a hotel or apartment in a good complex on a beach in albufeira or nerja for a 2 week break 20th july for a couple late 40s can anyone recommend somewhere nice and preferably lout free.hotel would be great if not too expensive but a good apartment with good facilities(restaurant,bar etc)would be cool.have been to montechoro before with kids it was lively,been to alvor also(very quiet) any suggestions i would be grateful for:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

tivoli hotel in Carvoeiro is a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bunglemark2

Hi there
    Anybody recommend a good quality apartment complex/aparthotel in Nerja for July, for 2 adults and 2 children ?
    Ideally I'm looking for self-catering due to one of the party having particular allergies (so a decent, well-stocked supermarket in the area is a definite must).
    Also, is there any package or tour operator in Ireland that does packages to Nerja ? I've yet to find one....Trying to keep costs down...it's bizarrely cheaper to do it that way than book separately, I find.
    Any truth to the rumour that car hire is gone really expensive in that part of the world now ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

i think the area around carvoeiro benagil is great for famalies, lots of beaches, very little highrise, 2 water parks and a great big supermarket outside carvoeiro.

i always use holiday auto hire, just google them on internet, i'm getting 2 weeks rental in june for 150 with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

cityfan wrote: »
    hi all looking for a hotel or apartment in a good complex on a beach in albufeira or nerja for a 2 week break 20th july for a couple late 40s can anyone recommend somewhere nice and preferably lout free.hotel would be great if not too expensive but a good apartment with good facilities(restaurant,bar etc)would be cool.have been to montechoro before with kids it was lively,been to alvor also(very quiet) any suggestions i would be grateful for:D

We stayed in this place a couple of years back, in a lovely village too, beach 5 mins walk. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g189112-d264257-Reviews-Aparthotel_Oceanus-Albufeira_Algarve.html Can't recommend the area highly enough. Make sure you get a room poolside, there is a busy road the other side that can be quite noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bunglemark2

We stayed in this place a couple of years back, in a lovely village too, beach 5 mins walk. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g189112-d264257-Reviews-Aparthotel_Oceanus-Albufeira_Algarve.html Can't recommend the area highly enough. Make sure you get a room poolside, there is a busy road the other side that can be quite noisy.

Thanks for that link. IS that a 4-storey hotel building ? One of the chisellers is in a buggy so just concerned about access...And what about the "kitchenette" - what's included ? Standard 2-ring hob ? Is there a real oven as well, or just the hob ? Is there a fridge/freezer and/or a microwave ?
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

There are two lifts that were always in working order when we were there, very hotel like reception so they are on the ball. The kitchen was fairly basic from what I remember, I'm male so I tend not to, ahem, notice what it was like. We ate out most nights, but yes, there was a fridge freezer, tv, phones by the beds, pretty sure there was a microwave.

Advertisement