Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Mon 1/2 18:30 3RRB -vs- Cream of Jesus II

Options
  • 31-01-2010 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan - Hols
    Ed -
    Geoff - In
    Graham - 50/50
    Mick - Hols
    Michael - In
    Keith -
    Andy -

Midfielders -

Alan - In
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave - 50/50
    Gav - Injured
    Martin - In
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules - In
    Ciaran -

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm out for this, back to college tonight with no exemptions for this semester :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Im In For This one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i am in for this one...

ART is out.

we will be a bit short tonight, hope its the same for them.

i am in for this one...

ART is out.

we will be a bit short tonight, hope its the same for them.

Keeper -

Clayton - In

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan - Hols
    Ed - In
    Geoff - In
    Graham - 50/50
    Mick - Hols
    Michael - In
    Keith - College
    Andy - In

Midfielders -

Alan - In
    Collie -
    Conor - In
    Dave - 50/50
    Gav - Injured
    Martin - In
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art - Out
    Gary - In
    Jules - In
    Ciaran -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm feeling pretty sick, I'll be there but I'm not 100%. Think we need to call up some reserves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm in tonight, going to be tight to make it with work but presuming I can get to a taxi on time I should be there before kick-off.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'm feeling pretty sick, I'll be there but I'm not 100%. Think we need to call up some reserves!

ah we should have 12 or so anyway, we normally do...just a few lads on 50/50. i think we will be ok.

any word from catal and andy? that would help us in defence anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

wonder if the weather will be a factor tonight. The pitch was starting to get frosty last week and it's much colder today that it was then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Keeper -

Clayton - In

Defenders -

Cathal - In
    Dan - Hols
    Ed - In
    Geoff - In
    Graham - 50/50
    Mick - Hols
    Michael - In
    Keith - College
    Andy - In

Midfielders -

Alan - In
    Collie - 50/50
    Conor - In
    Dave - In
    Gav - Injured
    Martin - In
    Kenny - In

Strikers -

Art - Out
    Gary - In
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I won't be near a computer from now until after the match.

If anyone needs to let me know anything, TEXT please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best of luck lads

1-1 draw.

went behind to an absolute screamer from 30 yards and stayed like that until gav equalised with bout 6 left. had 2 great chances to win it late on, but overall, no complaints, we didnt play well until the last 10 minutes and a draw is what we deserved. we just seemed very flat tonight, 5 or 6 change through lads missing didnt help as we took ages to get going...

Poxy. Just not good enough. Just not good enough for the last 3 seasons. Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

hard luck lads always next time :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think the game got out of control in the second half with both sides constantly at the ref who appeared to let everything go..

He didn't give one free kick the whole second half I don't think. Bizarre really.

he was bad for both teams indeed.

O'Dwyerski destroyed Pat FC so we have to win all 5 games remaining and O'Dwyerski need to lose 2 and draw 1 or lose 3 for us to win it :(

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    O'Dwyerski destroyed Pat FC so we have to win all 5 games remaining and O'Dwyerski need to lose 2 and draw 1 or lose 3 for us to win it :(

you have to hand it to them lads, they are some team. they are going to win it now and can win it next week i think, so hats off, we can have no complaints.

lets aim for 2nd now, 2 tough games ahead against steua, i think they are our biggest threat now, as pat fc seem to have fallen away since we beat them, they have dropped a f8ck load of points, which is surprising as they could have went top even after we beat them.

appparantly that lad that they have up front that scores all their goals, is 39! f*ck me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

A poor Performance all round really, We seem to fall to pieces mentally if we have a numerical advantage for any length of time.

It means we have 2 big games in a row to decide if we finish second or not. And as disappointing as it is to not win the league this year we should be aiming to win these games and wrap up second place, I think we deserve some reward for a good season.

We also need to remember how we felt after the match the other night and let that be a driving force for us into next season...Second place in the summer league will not be good enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

emc2 wrote: »
    A poor Performance all round really, We seem to fall to pieces mentally if we have a numerical advantage for any length of time.

It means we have 2 big games in a row to decide if we finish second or not. And as disappointing as it is to not win the league this year we should be aiming to win these games and wrap up second place, I think we deserve some reward for a good season.

We also need to remember how we felt after the match the other night and let that be a driving force for us into next season...Second place in the summer league will not be good enough!

Excellent post Michael, totally spot on, particularly on how we fall to shreds if up a man. Next time it happens we should just play as we were and take it from there.

Majorly disappointing to lose another league, but what's worse than coming second yet again is coming third. Let's not let that happen.

Advertisement