Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture from the Snow in 1982

Options
  • 29-01-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Found this old photo at home from the snow in 1982 in Dublin. Gives an idea of how bad the snow was.
    snow82.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great photo - that's pretty much how I remember the snow, digging through huge dirfts. That photo gives people who were not around then why people bang on about 1982!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Thanks for that, there is a severe lack of photos of the '82 event so each one is appreciated! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

That's an amazing picture and it looks like it's even after a bit of a thaw judging by the roofs and the trees :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Tenderloins1

In 1982 the thaw took a little while. I Found a few other ones too from 82, although nothing as dramatic looking as that.
    I'll try and scan them over the next few days and put them up somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Tenderloins1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Wow great photo!

Advertisement