Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting old film clip on how a mechanical watch works

Options
  • 28-01-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Not understanding how a mechanical watch works, I went googling. This film clip is pretty old, but it explains the principles so simply.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Great find :) Me want the big model!

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Great find there. I hope this is made a sticky!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good idea there and if its OK with the OP I changed the thread title

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 truetime

Hello everyone,

Please let me share one ...

Introduction about gear train of wristwatch:

Bests :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 truetime

Another... :)

12 animations of the watch mechanicals with the help of Cult3D interactive technology: HIT

• Advertisement
Advertisement