Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Mon Jan 25th @ 18:30 in 3RRB- Ravenhill V Boardeaux

Options
  • 24-01-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Keeper -

Clayton - In

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan - In
    Ed - Injured 50/50
    Geoff - Work
    Graham - College
    Mick - In
    Michael - In
    Keith - In
    Andy - Injured

Midfielders -

Alan - In
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Dave - Work
    Gav - Injured
    Martin - In
    Kenny - In

Strikers -

Art - In
    Gary - Work
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

good luck with this game lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im in, well sort of. took a bad tackle just below my right knee of saturday on grass and barely able to walk since, but its just a knock hopefully.

i wont be there until bout 6.15-6.30. working, say it willl be the same for a good few and for them too, 6.30 is an awful time to start a game....

we owe these lads one, they cost us a league title last year for sure and also, the 3 points they took off us earlier this season may also cost us a league...a decent win here tonight is a must and knock offf another game for us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah its pretty early, lets just hope everyone can get there on time as its not the easiest to get to if you're not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

i am in for this one

won 3-1, we were terrible in the first half, rode luck a little, they hit the post and we cleared off the line 2 or 3 times, maybe more and clay pulled off 2 decent saves, once we went 1-0 up we dominated for the remainder of the game, great play from ciaran, jules and then conor who scored.

jules scored after good work from ciaran seconds after the kick off and then collies shot form halfway hit the bar and jules headed in...it was game over that stage, 3-0 with 15 left. game fizzled out and they struck for a goal with about 5 left.

overall, we got better as the game went on and took our chances well compared to them. good win, playing not great, but we deserved a bit of the rub of the green in the first half after their poxy win the last time. defended much better as a team in teh 2nd half also.

another 3 points and all we can do now is keep winning. well done lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Pat FC drew so we now finish 2nd at least if we win all 6 games remaining.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Pat FC drew so we now finish 2nd at least if we win all 6 games remaining.

they have had a few strange results lately, they must be missing players, cos they are a very good team IMO. thats their chance gone now of winning the league i would think, they need to beat o Dwyers and they both us and o dwyers need to drop points for them to win it. lets hope they go out and beat o dwyers anyway to make it interesting for us and take it to the last round of games if we were to keep winning.

in all fairness lads, you have to hand it to o dwyers. they are some team, their goals scored says it all really, if they win this league and we come 2nd, we have come 2nd to a smashing team. they have won 9 from 9 since we drew with them. also, fair play to their striker, 19 goals is amazing from him.

all we can do is keep winning and hope they drop points somewhere. i think we are playing the best footballl weve ever played overall and are a better team than we were before. every year we keep improving, but fall short to one very good team. we can, if we take maximum points (and we are well capable of doing that) finish on our highest ever points total and already i think we willl end up with our highest ever goals total. finishing 2d willl be disappointing if it happens, but i still think we have made progress this season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A decent performance, excellent work by Jules and a great finish by conor(which i was sure he was going to use his head for)

Was still in half time mode when they picked the ball out for our second, but a good bit of interplay and a good finish.

Collie with a cracking third goal :), not too sure what the keeper thought was happening, lapse of concentration with everyone getting pulled out of position leaving 2 men in the centre.

But with Pat FC drawing, we're into second and will need maximum points to secure at least 2nd place.

we're into second and will need maximum points to secure at least 2nd place.

if those f*ckers just even drew a game, it would give us a slight chance at winning it...lets hope they slip up this week and next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

O'Dwyerski won again last night. It's all over I fear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement