Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland in 10 years time..

Options
  • 16-01-2010 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

What do you think the difference with Ireland would be in the next ten years compared to now?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Me 10 years grumpier and more sexy.
    O' Ireland your taking about!
    Feck all change on a political and ethics front - sadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Trains around the capital should be better. Maybe some decent broadband. We might even get mobile phones with slightly increased screen resolution. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

We'll be even more cynical and pedantic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

flag123 wrote: »
    What do you think the difference with Ireland would be in the next ten years compared to now?

At your current rate, you'll have at least 500 posts on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'd agree with Biggins. Nothing fundamental will have changed. Kids will be dressing like they did in the 90s I guess, instead of the 80s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

hopefully better infrastructure, better roads, rail networks, higher broadband penetration if we're out of this recession for me it'll more than likely be a place i come to visit every now and then to see parents and relatives and where i grew up as it will no longer be my home, strange thought atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Biggins wrote: »
    Me 10 years grumpier

Grand!

Well, Hopefully, I'll be 10 years happier.

Here's to a bit of optimisim then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

All our brand new 22000 class DMU train sets will be converted to push pulls. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nevore wrote: »
    I'd agree with Biggins. Nothing fundamental will have changed. Kids will be dressing like they did in the 90s I guess, instead of the 80s?

X-workx and Eclipse back? Oh no. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

By then the unemployment figures MIGHT be under 250k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

OctavarIan wrote: »
    We'll be even more cynical and pedantic

Oh, that's very cynical of you.
    By the way, you forgot to use a full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

more transport and better/ cheaper broadband.

hell south korea (i think its korea) has put it into law that its a fundamental right that everyone has access to broadband and they have fiber optic at like 80% coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

No need for trains around the capital, sure we'll all have hover crafts.

Speaking of which, why do people always refer to us having hover crafts in the future?
    I like plain old boring cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

3mb broadband mandatory in all households.....free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I will be 10 years older, wiser and not looking at sh1te threads like this

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Very bright of you kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

very sharp of you, em, sh1tter

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Oh!
    A war of words.

We shall settle this in 10 years time. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

We're all going to be dead in 2012 sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

We'll all be dead I'd say, hope so .. I feel crap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Lidl Aldi and Dunnes will have a supermarket war with Tesco, forcing Tesco to retreat from the Republic having sustained mass casualties mainly there own brand products. Supervalu will be netural in this great war. Maurice Pratt will try and call for peace but will do so in vain and by 2017 Tesco will be no more in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Based on current economic and technological trends, I predict the following:

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt353/logiire/ireland2020.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I predict a riot, I predict a riot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I hope our main achievement in the next 10 years is something more than fast broadband, which seems to be the main wish so far.

I hope to see Ireland becoming a world leader in the design of renewable energy solutions, the rain falls here, the wind blows here, the waves crash against the coast here.

I predict some racial tensions arising because of poor government planning during the "Celtic Tiger" period. West Dublin to be the source of these issues.
    It has happened in every other European country, so why can we expect any difference here? The sooner we have a proper debate, that excludes the professional limp wristed liberal set, and the "dey tuck our jabs" set, the better.

No Aer Lingus.

The untimely death of an Irish rock star. Cause of death, massive self importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'll be president, a new type of flu will be around and Ireland will be covered in 3 feet of snow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The M50 will almost be finished. Almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

There'll be Father Ted repeats on.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

There will be plans up discussing the possible (but not probable) building of Metro North. That oul tulip :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

realistically there will be alot more people from africa, india, pakistan etc and the muslims will probably be the second largest religion..oh and those orange trains will still be around, celebrating their 50th or so year in service!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fianna Fail will still disputing arguing with the banks and the scientology cult about who can steal the most money from the public.
    (Tom Cruise will be declared mentally insane by then - we can only hope!)

Harney will be running for president, hoping some Irish dumb folk have short memories.
    (She'll be right!)

Irish might be removed from the basic teaching syllabus.

The Muslims will have taken over - and between alcohol being too expensive and their adverts too politically incorrect for the religious fanatic nuts - all alcohol related PR stunts will be banned.

We will still be trying to get Ahern to pay his taxes! He will still be suffering from convenient memory loss.

Gery Ryan's bank account and waistline will have gotten even bigger.

RTE will be FINALLY declared a lost cause along with Air Lingus.

The Chinese will have targeted Ireland with their missiles for two minutes, looked at the state of our place, said (in Chinese) "Aaa soo, they are already fooked" and re-direct their missiles back to the great Satan, America.

Advertisement