Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izbec...Izabec....Iz....whatev, has new faked documents

Options
  • 12-01-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6982467.ece
    Pamela Izevbekhai, the Nigerian woman who claims that she fled to Ireland to save her two daughters from female genital mutilation, has used another set of counterfeit documents in her latest Supreme Court appeal against deportation, it is claimed.

A garda investigation to establish the authenticity of the new documents that Izevbekhai presented to the court last November has concluded they are fake.

Lawyers for the state are expected to ask the Supreme Court to dismiss Izevbekhai’s case on the grounds that it was brought on the basis of fraudulent documents, not once but twice. She had claimed that Elizabeth, her first-born child, had died in 1994 because of blood loss following female circumcision.

Last year Izevbekhai was forced to admit that other documents she had used in a succession of judicial reviews and legal challenges were counterfeit, but claimed that she was unaware of this.

Izevbekhai presented copies of the new documents to the Supreme Court after the state applied to have her entire appeal against deportation dismissed as an abuse of process.

In opposing the application, Izevbekhai told the court that she had obtained the new documents from Olugbenga West, her brother, which proved Elizabeth had existed.

Among the documents she produced was a death certificate allegedly signed by Dr E Oni, which purported to confirm that he had examined baby Elizabeth after she died of pulmonary failure in July 1994.

Izevbekhai also produced correspondence from the Nigerian National Population Commission, which registers births and deaths in the west African country, which “confirmed” the dates of Elizabeth’s birth and death.

Gardai travelled to Nigeria in December to authenticate the new documents, but an investigation established that all but one of the seven documents were counterfeit.

The garda team tracked down local government officials, medical staff and doctors whose “signatures” appeared on the papers.

The death certificate signed by Oni, which had stated that the primary cause of the child’s death was “circumsition” (sic), was confirmed to be a counterfeit.

The Sunday Times was unable to contact Izevbekhai for comment last week.

Izevbekhai’s fight to remain in Ireland with her two young daughters has generated significant publicity and support from politicians, celebrities and civil rights organisations including Fine Gael, Amnesty International and the Irish Refugee Council.

The Nigerian woman claims that she fled Lagos after her husband’s family attempted to perform genital mutilation on her two daughters.

She says that she paid criminals to smuggle her to Ireland via Holland, but gardai suspect that she travelled to Britain on a holiday visa before arriving in Ireland to claim political asylum.

Why are people still supporting her?

This is just farcical at this point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

+1 its a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

she would have been better off sticking to using a 419 scam to get a few million and then buy an Irish passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I think at this stage we should just give her some monopoly money and send her packing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

In opposing the application, Izevbekhai told the court that she had obtained the new documents from Olugbenga West, her brother, which proved Elizabeth had existed.

“Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, I'm sorry, but Pamela had one of the best scams of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

She should be put on the first plane to Nigeria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

She needs to be on the next boat at this point. If I went into court with forged documents I'd be lucky to not to get a spell in the big house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Jesus, if she were a white male she'd be doing serious jail time for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 do.ob

I don't understand. What makes this case so special? Is it always this hard to falsely claim asylum, or is there something special about this case I'm missing out on?

The way people go on you'd swear gaining refugee status was the easiest thing in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

Her plan is if she keeps up her fight she'll eventually be allowed stay in this county just like her fellow compatriot KUNLE Elukanlo was. Her Kids must at this stage be very settled in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

the amount of money wasted on this woman is frightening. Curious how the Let Them Stay campaign has gone very quiet recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unfortunately she's just making things worse for real asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    the amount of money wasted on this woman is frightening. Curious how the Let Them Stay campaign has gone very quiet recently

They sent a Gardai "team" to Nigeria to track down and investigate the documentation. I'd like to see the bill for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mossy Monk wrote: »

wouldnt waste the money on the Bitch. shes already cost the state thousands in legal fees. she should be thrown on the first cargo ship bound for nigeria.

i know a lad myself who came here under false documents from near nigeria and i would love to get him deported as he is being a d*ck and screwing the state over. makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

wouldnt waste the money on the Bitch. shes already cost the state thousands in legal fees. she should be thrown on the first cargo ship bound for nigeria.

i know a lad myself who came here under false documents from near nigeria and i would love to get him deported as he is being a d*ck and screwing the state over. makes me sick.
    Why not report him then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

yes on 24, yes on 24....

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

humanji wrote: »
    Why not report him then?

+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

humanji wrote: »
    Why not report him then?

Because he doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Magnus wrote: »
    Unfortunately she's just making things worse for real asylum seekers.

She's not alone either in ruining it for actual refugees who make up the minority of asylum applications. We should really take actual refugees straight from their camps and end this whole asylum application process we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Can she take this to the ECHR if she fails in the SC bid here?

I could see her losing the case here and getting an amnesty as the Government may not want a costly, and lengthy, case in Europe.

If that happens, it's open season on chancers trying for asylum here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The first person on here to defend her needs to be banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I do feel sorry for her, but with the way that she is screwing the system, I think she deserves to sent packing.

With all this money that she has cost the taxpayer, I don't think she is going to find much sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Melion wrote: »
    The first person on here to defend her needs to be banned

They'll be along soon enough but i think two sides is always better than one so no need for banning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I don't think anyone could defend her, but i'm not looking forward to "ahh shure they're all bleedin' scammers, like Pamela Izbec...Izabec....Iz....whathername" become the default response to the issue of asylum seekers by every halfwit who thinks they're "living in the real world".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The solution is to put a stop to female genital mutilation in Nigeria and other countries so that she can safely return home.

Question...would you forge documents to protect your children from being mutilated? Or more to the point, what wouldn't you do to protect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I feel sorry for her kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The solution is to put a stop to female genital mutilation in Nigeria and other countries so that she can safely return home.

Question...would you forge documents to protect your children from being mutilated? Or more to the point, what wouldn't you do to protect them?

"Hey Topper, you didn't just swing a hurley full force against the back of that guys head, did you?"

"Yeah - he was threatening my kids. You'd do anything to protect your kids."

"But that is crazy that you can justify everything by a perceived threat to your kids."

"Look - I saw it on the internet right. Someone called Crazy Rabbit. Take it up with them."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

If my kids life were in danger I'd get the hell out of dodge to the nearest safe place ASAP, I wouldn't construct a web of lies, check out which country gives out the most free stuff, take advantage of the hospitality of said country, forge official documents then show my face on national/international television pleaing for help, making a complete fool of those genuine people who were foolish enough to believe me, particuluarly when every single thing I have said so far is completely fabricated.

In light of the fact that every shred of proof she has provided has been forged or falsified, what makes you think for a second she is telling the truth about FGM, FFS the child that 'died' didn't even exist.

She has done irreparable damage to the minority of genuine asylum seekers out there, I hope she burns in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    They sent a Gardai "team" to Nigeria to track down and investigate the documentation. I'd like to see the bill for that one.

You mean in addition to the countless hundreds of thousands of legal fees at this stage?
    Can she take this to the ECHR if she fails in the SC bid here?

I could see her losing the case here and getting an amnesty as the Government may not want a costly, and lengthy, case in Europe.

If that happens, it's open season on chancers trying for asylum here.

She's already got them involved to stay her previous deportation order, which was granted. They won't luck at her now since she's full of poo poo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

She's wasting court time, garda time and costing the state thousands. If she was a real asylum seeker, she would have been granted asylum already. She isn't, time to go my pedigree chum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

Mossy Monk wrote: »

should be made swim.

Advertisement