Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs & Competitions

Options
  • 07-01-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

I've had a few requests for a central place to post upcoming competitions, or details of reputable clubs seeking members, so I've decided to launch a new sticky & see how it goes.

Please feel free to post - normal forum rules apply :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pierce moran

On a slightly different note 9 anglers fished a wicklow beach on sat 23rd Jan and had 65 fish (all small) we fish on a regular basis usually once a month and if anybody would like to join us they would be welcome so get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Great idea Andip!

I'll start the ball rolling so. We have a newly formed (9 members so far) coarse angling club and are based in Cavan county. We have a winter league going at the minute and although we do stick to general match rules we have a very easy going approach and the few better anglers among us are always on hand to help the up and coming learners out as regards tactics for fishing the different venues we go to. We are not an out and out match club money racket and the enjoyment factor is more what we are about on any given outing, so the pros need not apply and the novice to mid range angler can feel happier that they will be learning as they go rather than being looked upon as an easy target. During the summer months we will be running some further knock-ups and probably a summer league also.

All in all a great way and great area of the country to get you more into coarse fishing than you may already be. All details about the club can be found on our website and we are actively seeking new members. current members live as far afield as Dublin and Dundalk. Anyone interested can contact me directly and some form of coarse angling would be useful.

We are also registered with the NCFFI and as such when you join our club you automatically avail of the clubs insurance which protects you while out fishing whether it be with the club or on your own. Great piece of mind in this day and age!

Cavan Fishing Coarse Angling Club

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks for the posts guys - it may take a while to get started, but I have giogh hopes for this thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

east coast raiders is a great sea fishing club to join on the east coast

www.ecrsac.com

they have some international anglers and casters to help you on your way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keelfishing

Dear Fellow Anglers,

On Saturday June 26th, Keel Fishing Club will be running a fundraising event in aid of the Saoirse Foundation. This open shore fishing event will be open to all clubs and individual anglers. Fishing will take place between 1.30 & 6.30 pm, on Inch Beach Co Kerry. The event will be followed by points tally (Catch, measure and release score cards) and prize presentation, services, including food will be available throughout the day.

We are also seeking participants to complete a sponsorship card in lieu of an entrance fee.

Following the appearance of Tony & Mary Heffernan, from Castledrum, Keel Castlemaine, on the Late Late Show on March 19th, & also on 96FM Neil Prendeville show, where the couple told their story of how their only two children, Saoirse (4yrs) & Liam (21m), are sufferers of Battens Disease, a national fundraising campaign was launched and this event is hopeful of being a significant local contributor to this cause. Tony Heffernan, originally from Cork is a keen angler and has held membership in a number of clubs both in Cork & Kerry. Please send a pm for further details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rain Man

Hey Guys,

I know there are many Pike Fishing clubs, but im looking to see if anyone was interested in starting one up?? Over the last few years I have not been able to fish for various reasons and I really wanna get back into it. I'm 23 and want to see if anyone interested in just meeting up, even once a month on Blessington Lake or maybe the canals. Swop advice and just have a laugh, that sorta thing? In time we could organise weekends to venues further afield??

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭MrO

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend any fishing clubs in Dublin? I've been going out by myself on and off over the years but would like to get involved with some people who actually know what they're doing :)

Mostly interested in coarse fishing.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lads and Ladies if you want to do a bit of coarse fishing with a nice bunch of lads look up Portobello coarse angling club, i used to fish with them regularly and the craic was great and I learned a hell of a lot from the members, and while they are a Dublin club they fish all over the country.
    I think they have their own website.
    Google them, or I'll post it if Mods don't mind

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

TAFI Leinster Bank International Qualifier

The date and venue for the TAFI Leinster Bank International Qualifier has been finalised. It is being held on Lough Aishling, Rathvilla, Edenderry, Co. Offaly on Sunday 22nd August 2010. Lough Aishling is 4 miles from Edenderry, Co. Offaly and is on the Tullamore Road. It is a 7 acre trout lake with flyfishing only allowed and has been stocked with rainbows up to 20lbs in weight. The competition itself starts at 11am and finishes at 4pm with 5 hours fishing in total and anglers rotating every hour. Each angler will fish 5 pegs/sessions and a maximum of 5 trout are allowed per peg.
    The entry fee is €40 per angler (includes €10 Team Ireland Fee) and entries must be in by 5pm Thursday 19th August 2010. Registration takes place at 9.30am on the morning of the event. Cheques/Postal Orders are to be made payable to the Leinster Angling Council and are to be returned to the Leinster Secretary (Brian Lynch, Drinagh, Mountmellick, Co. Laois. Brian can be contacted via email @ badrina@eircom.net.
    Any queries contact Pat Noonan @ (086) 1096129.

The Top 6 will represent Leinster in the Inter-Provincial Bank Championship that is taking place in Woodford Fishery, Carrigfergus, Co. Antrim on Saturday 18th September. The Top 6 from the Inter-Provincial Bank Championship will then represent Ireland in the inaugural Bank International which is being held in Innis Fly Fishery, Cornwall, England from 18th to the 20th October 2010. Practice days are on the 18th and 19th with the final itself on Wednesday 20th October 2010.

Is anyone on here, going to this event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Fishing competition in lough Bofinne Bantry today 1pm to 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

TimMac wrote: »
    Fishing competition in lough Bofinne Bantry today 1pm to 5pm

Thanks for this - now you've found the forum, don't be shy to post in advance of the next one as its one I'd love to attend

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Ya sorry about the short notice I only heard it was on that morning and posted straight away! Was a very enjoyable day even though I didnt even have a bite.
    Andip wrote: »
    Thanks for this - now you've found the forum, don't be shy to post in advance of the next one as its one I'd love to attend

TAFI Leinster Bank Qualifier 2011

The Leinster Bank Qualifier is already upon us again and takes place on Lough Aishling on Sunday 28th November 2010. This was always seen as a winter competition to select the Leinster Team for the Inter-Provincial Bank Championship which may well be run early in 2011 to give the Irish Team plenty of time to prepare themselves for the 4 Nations bank International which is taking place in Ireland next autumn. The entry fee is €40 and there is a cut-off date for entries. More info will be given in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Labyrinthfish

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Labyrinthfish

Dunmore S.A.C

Mon 27th December

Youghal area

17.30 to 21.30

Contact Alan 0877978522

NO bait bans

All Cash Prizes

PENN POINTS APPLY

I have seen this on the internet floating around and it may or may not be of interest to others...

OPEN FLY COMPETITION. ( OPERATION MARK. )
    Time Saturday, January 15 · 11:00am - 5:00pm
    Location INNISKEEN Co. MONAGHAN.

All funds from the open fly competition will be going to the operation mark fund for more details look at operationmark.bbnow.org
    Hope you all can make this event and support Mark.

http://www.finneysflies.com/operation_mark_60.html

From Facebook.....

"members of OPEN FLY COMPETITION. ( OPERATION MARK. )"

Hi All.

I am sorry to say but the open fly competition is cancelled.
    Due to the bad wether forcast for saturday /// gail force winds and heavy rain. there is also a lot of people that cant make the competotion due to swine flu and would realy like to be at the competition.
    We are thinking of resetting the date for mid february.
    Cheers for now and i will be in touch with the new date.

regards
    paddy.

Anyone planning to have a go at fishing this??

http://www.lexusflyfishing.co.uk/lexus-individual-fly-fishing-championships

The Lexus European Flyfishing Championships is the biggest non-professional Individual Fly Fishing Event in the World! Known as the “Friendly flyfishing championships”, it is an unparalleled opportunity for our competitors to share a boat with some of the best anglers in the World.
    You can enter as many Heats as you wish, on any of the venues located across the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

ballykeeran and killeenmore anglers (lough ree) held our AGM last night, i got the chairmans job:eek:..:).... 1st competition is for trout on sun 13th march all new members welcome.....

• Advertisement

I will be at the Winter League Final at Rathcon Lake, 13th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

Fly Fishing competition on in Ballinakill and Garraunbaun lakes (8 kilometres north of Clifden) on Sunday the 18th March 11-6.

9 inch size limit.

http://peterdriver.blogspot.com/2012/02/open-fly-competition-fund-raiser.html

https://www.facebook.com/events/249138621833780/

This competition is been organised to help raise funds for Peter Driver who is going to the world fly fishing finals in Slovenia this year.
    Thank you for your support of the event, and look forward to seeing you there on the day.

Curragh Springs Fishery is this gem which lies hidden away among the rolling plains of the Curragh in Co. Kildare; just one mile from the famous Curragh Racecourse. It is a natural spring fed lake of about 5 acres with gin clear water. This hidden jewel is a must for serious anglers.

If you are up to a rewarding challenging day out fishing for top class full finned fighting fit Rainbow, then Curragh Springs is the place to go. Just 30 mins From Dublin and easily accessed from all over Ireland on the M7 and M9 motorways just 5 mins from the main road.

The competition will be from 10 am to 4pm, entry fee is 30 euro.
    Great prizes and refreshment afterwards..
    To book your place contact Peter on 087-9787040 or pdriver1410@gmail.com, limited places available so confirm early. See reverse for more details.

Sponsored by irishflytying.com

Advertisement