Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Board's Decade of TV awards: The 2000s

Options
  • 03-01-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Just thinking that we should have a decade of TV awards rather than the usual yearly one.

Best Drama of the 2000s
    - Best Irish
    - Best International
    - Best Teen
    - Best Sci-Fi
    - Best Soap
    - Best Female Driven
    - Best Male Driven

Best Comedy of the 2000s
    - Best Irish
    - Best International
    - Best Teen
    - Best Sit-com
    - Best Mockumentry
    - Best QuizCom
    - Best Reality Based (E.G. Dom Jolly, Anonymous)
    - Best Satire

Best Drama Actor/Actress
    - Irish
    - International
    - Soap
    - Comedy
    - Sci-Fi

Best Reality Based TV show
    Best Documentary
    Best Channel (Irish)
    Best Channel (UK/Cable/Satellite)

And so on. The ultimated boards TV awards of the 2000s.

Also I am suggesting that we take the decade beginning the season of 1999/2000 and ending season 2009/2010, this would allow series that have started in the states be part of the nomination process and that shows that began in Ireland in 2000 are permitted into the nomination list. This would allow shows like Freaks and Geeks and Glee to be nominated.

Each award has its own nomination thread. Members post a nomination with a reason why they think it should be nominated and members second the nomination by thanking the post. However no one should comment on other boards' members nominations. No matter how much they want to give out about shows like TBBT :). Also it would avoid overly long nomination threads. The 5 most seconded nominees are then voted on.

I am think the nomination should be open for at least 6 months and the voting another 6months. Its a long time frame but it is alot of TV :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice idea, Elmo.

24 categories is too hard to manage simultaneously though. Maybe 3 groups of 8?
    I think 6 months is a bit OTT too. :)

If we're including the 2009-2010 season as part of the 10 years, then shouldn't we wait until May before starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Nice idea, Elmo.

24 categories is too hard to manage simultaneously though. Maybe 3 groups of 8?
    I think 6 months is a bit OTT too. :)

If we're including the 2009-2010 season as part of the 10 years, then shouldn't we wait until May before starting?

The categories are only suggestions and rather than one member or moderator taking on the responsibility of setting up the treads that all interested members put forward the categories. However if categories are ridiculously niche like Best female actress in a female driven teen drama/comedy in the Irish language. (The nominees would be all actresses in Aifric in case your wondering) the mods would close the thread.

May is 6 months time which should give people the opportunity to see shows like flash forward, glee and others.

I am thinking 1 year to allow for people to nominate and vote. but its up to everyone as to how it should be run.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think it's a great idea... dunno how it would work... I think it'd have to be one or two people at most running it... it would only get messy if everyone could come in with categories...

Post my first nomination list for Sci-Fi.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055786748

Just a sample for what I am thinking about.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mr E wrote: »
    hang on , the best series of the last decade is going to happen in the next few months, I don't think so ;)

• Advertisement

hang on , the best series of the last decade is going to happen in the next few months, I don't think so ;)

Thanks for the nomination. See this is a slow process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

That list needs to be trimmed big time for it to work.

That list needs to be trimmed big time for it to work.

So, what you think? should we just keep the Best Drama and Comedy categories? or do away with them and just have a straight forward Best Drama and Comedy category?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

great idea

Elmo wrote: »
    Best Drama Actor/Actress
    - Irish
    - International
    - Soap
    - Comedy
    - Sci-Fi

We could reduce this down to best ensemble cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great idea, Elmo.

I'd suggest just having a Best Comedy and Best Drama category, although a Best Panel Show category would probably be useful too.

Also I think there should be more sporting categories like 'Best Sports show' (MOTD, RTE etc.), 'Best Sporting Moment' (Robbie Keane goal in 2002 World Cup etc.)

Great idea, Elmo.

I'd suggest just having a Best Comedy and Best Drama category, although a Best Panel Show category would probably be useful too.

Also I think there should be more sporting categories like 'Best Sports show' (MOTD, RTE etc.), 'Best Sporting Moment' (Robbie Keane goal in 2002 World Cup etc.)

You can tell i am not into sport.

Quizcom is best panel show. I like the idea of splitting them up because QI could be best comedy and best quizcom, or it could just be best quizcom hence avoiding it not winning something ?????

Advertisement