Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Multiple apparitions reported in Egypt today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

PDN wrote: »
    Let's not get into silly insinuations about racism.

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KDunn

I cannot thank you enough for sharing this - It is MERELY MIRACULOUS that this is going on and low and behold almost 40 years to the date when Mother Mary last appeared in Egypt and the last time she appeared was approved by the Orthodox Church as an Official Apparition from God. Not sure who the Saint is below Our Lady but it sure is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only I had enough money to travel there - I would wait for as long as I could to see Our Lady!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING - God Bless YOU and Wishing You and Your Family a Blessed And Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!
    PS: The DOVES, The DOVES!!!!!!!! For those of us who know our religion when it comes to DOVES showing up AND AT NIGHT - It makes it all the more confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

It looks like 3 blobs of light which could be interpreted to be the vague form of a human. In any case it could have been staged, what better time than christmas to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

KDunn wrote: »
    I cannot thank you enough for sharing this - It is MERELY MIRACULOUS that this is going on and low and behold almost 40 years to the date when Mother Mary last appeared in Egypt and the last time she appeared was approved by the Orthodox Church as an Official Apparition from God. Not sure who the Saint is below Our Lady but it sure is exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If only I had enough money to travel there - I would wait for as long as I could to see Our Lady!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING - God Bless YOU and Wishing You and Your Family a Blessed And Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!
    PS: The DOVES, The DOVES!!!!!!!! For those of us who know our religion when it comes to DOVES showing up AND AT NIGHT - It makes it all the more confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me.
    Honestly I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It looks like 3 blobs of light which could be interpreted to be the vague form of a human. In any case it could have been staged, what better time than christmas to do it.
    Christmas in the Orthodox churches isn't on the 25th of December. I don't see how it could have been staged. No projector can project on anything but a solid surface.

• Advertisement

@partyatmygaff

What is it that you actually think is going on here ? What debate are you trying to spark ? I've asked already but you didn't answer. What is the point of this thread ? What is it you think the random blobs of light on these low quality videos, as you yourself have called them, prove ???

@partyatmygaff

What is it that you actually think is going on here ? What debate are you trying to spark ? I've asked already but you didn't answer. What is the point of this thread ? What is it you think the random blobs of light on these low quality videos, as you yourself have called them, prove ???
    I amn't sparking debate. I am spreading news. The point of this thread is to inform and hear people's opinions.
    These aren't random blobs of light. They are poor quality videos capturing something poorly. My friend who told me about this witnessed this personally and they wouldn't be the type to lie. The streets were chaotic around the churches according to them and there were quite a few muslims there some awestruck and some searching for a light source or bulb e.t.c. They reported seeing (Along with everyone else who was present) a clear detailed figure of Mary and of doves flying through the night sky. This was at one of the churches near downtown Cairo.

As for the person who claimed it was photoshopped....
    If you open any thing in photoshop or other image program a digital watermark is added to it and can be detected by studying the meta data.
    From looking at the photo in question's data I can see it has been processed by
    Neatimage (ISO Noise Reduction program according to google)
    XNView (Image organising program which was probably used for placing the text and logo in the corner)

There is no signature for photoshop present in the JPG.

The photo was tooken by either an Olympus C40Z (Pretty low end) or a Olympus D40Z which both share the same signature. They are identical cameras in spec afaik.

In any case, editing is easily visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Christmas in the Orthodox churches isn't on the 25th of December. I don't see how it could have been staged. No projector can project on anything but a solid surface.

It could have been a light display. In any case it can be interpreted as anything as its pretty vague, it does not look human in any way only a collection of shapes that can be perceived as such. Muslims in Greece don't interpret it to be anything other than some lights so for me it proves that it isn't a physical manifestation of a divine spirit but some phenomenon that is in the eye of the beholder.

If it was a reflection would it not have affected the top portion of the cross aswell?

In any case, extremely bright lights and cameras do not go to well together. Its as if you took a digital camera and pointed it at a lightbulb, you wouldn't see the filament. All you would see is light. From what has been said, the people who were recording it did not just see light without form.

I can explain that. If you look at the image again you can see that there is a portion of the cross coming out from the junction point towards direction of the camera. This is blocking a portion of the light from the top section thus reducing the intensity of light reflected off the top portion of the cross.
    These aren't random blobs of light. They are poor quality videos capturing something poorly. My friend who told me about this witnessed this personally and they wouldn't be the type to lie. The streets were chaotic around the churches according to them and there were quite a few muslims there some awestruck and some searching for a light source or bulb e.t.c. They reported seeing (Along with everyone else who was present) a clear detailed figure of Mary and of doves flying through the night sky. This was at one of the churches near downtown Cairo.

Yes your friend told you blah blah blah. Regardless - the point is what you have posted here are photos of random blobs of light. I just can't figure what it is you think you are achieving by it

Yes your friend told you blah blah blah. Regardless - the point is what you have posted here are photos of random blobs of light. I just can't figure what it is you think you are achieving by it
    I am not thinking of achieving anything other than to inform everyone else.

My friend didn't tell me blah blah blah. They were there. They were an eyewitness to the event. Actually I believe if you can find anyone from Egypt who was there and talk to them they would give you the same report. Call 1 christian crazy and maybe your right. Call a few hundred thousand muslims and christians crazy or imagining things and its a bit too much. There were plenty of muslims there along with christians and as I said, some were awestruck and some were attempting to find a light source or something similar to discredit it. If people who were actually there were unable to discredit something what makes it so easy for someone here about 3500 miles away to discredit it. What kind of light display can project on anything but a solid surface with a light intensity like that we've seen in the video? Muslims in greece can interpret it anyway they want, they weren't there just as all of us weren't there.

About the daylight apparition. The sun isn't in the ground for the top section of the cross to be blocked by the middle section of the cross. The sun is in the sky so surely it would be the top of the cross with a reflection and not the bottom of the cross. Again I doubt people can be fooled by a reflection. People aren't as stupid as you seem to think they are.

• Advertisement

I am not thinking of achieving anything other than to inform everyone else.

My friend didn't tell me blah blah blah. They were there. They were an eyewitness to the event. Actually I believe if you can find anyone from Egypt who was there and talk to them they would give you the same report. Call 1 christian crazy and maybe your right. Call a few hundred thousand muslims and christians crazy or imagining things and its a bit too much. There were plenty of muslims there along with christians and as I said, some were awestruck and some were attempting to find a light source or something similar to discredit it. If people who were actually there were unable to discredit something what makes it so easy for someone here about 3500 miles away to discredit it. What kind of light display can project on anything but a solid surface with a light intensity like that we've seen in the video? Muslims in greece can interpret it anyway they want, they weren't there just as all of us weren't there.

Do you believe in UFO's ? Cause you can apply the exact same logic to ufo sightings.

About the daylight apparition. The sun isn't in the ground for the top section of the cross to be blocked by the middle section of the cross. The sun is in the sky so surely it would be the top of the cross with a reflection and not the bottom of the cross. Again I doubt people can be fooled by a reflection. People aren't as stupid as you seem to think they are.

No you misunderstand - I'm not saying the sun is blocked from hitting the cross - I'm saying the reflection is blocked from the top section of the cross to the camera. This is really, really REALLY obviously a reflection.

Do you believe in UFO's ? Cause you can apply the exact same logic to ufo sightings.
    UFO sightings aren't almost near ground level. UFO sightings don't have people swarming around attempting to discredit them. UFO sightings also don't generally appear to look like Mary and they generally don't appear over churches. They also generally aren't witnessed by a few hundred thousand and aren't as widely witnessed as this. People at ground level and people viewing from top floor apartment balconies reported witnessing the same thing, muslim and christian. Some have been attempting to say that it was done by lasers (Don't ask me how they got that idea....:D) and some are similarly claiming it was electrical phenomena. None have found any evidence of an artificial light source and they are people who actually live there, I doubt anyone from 3500 miles away can say that it came from an artificial light source when people who were actually there could not.

No you misunderstand - I'm not saying the sun is blocked from hitting the cross - I'm saying the reflection is blocked from the top section of the cross to the camera. This is really, really REALLY obviously a reflection.
    Why would that be only point of reflection? Wouldn't the ends of the middle section also have a slight reflection? The material of the cross is not bare steel or chrome to have a reflection like that. In any case whoever is filming had anything but a steady hand. Like all reflections does it not appear to move or look different depending on what position it is being viewed from? The camera was moving but the figure was not.

Read the bold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Thank you for this, although it is proof that God exists, the ultimate proof is in the faith, we can deny what we see, or we can confirm what we see and believe it.

If science shows me a carbon dating machine that they made, then its up to me to put my faith in that machine that it works, although most people put their faith in this machine, they've been conditioned from society to beleive that science has all the answers and that scientists are clever and know all, but a funny thing my dad once said to me was, ''Son, you can be intelligently stupid''. lol

for me the only evidence that God exists is in the faith. I put my faith in God rather than the world.

thats all I'm gonna say in this thread, as its Christmas day, the Lords birthday and my birthday too, so I'm off to get some dinner and party.

God bless and have a merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

partyatmygaff, may I ask what your opinion is on the recent reported sightings of Mary at Knock. There were some who were adamant that they saw something extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Do try and be constructive, Fighting Irish. Surprise us all!

lugha wrote: »
    partyatmygaff, may I ask what your opinion is on the recent reported sightings of Mary at Knock. There were some who were adamant that they saw something extraordinary.
    I have no opinion on them but I have doubts that something like that can be predicted by a "Psychic". In any case, this has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    lol
    Take your "lol" to after hours. No need to drag down the thread with posts like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It is interesting though.

although it is proof that God exists
    How so ?
    If science shows me a carbon dating machine that they made, then its up to me to put my faith in that machine that it works, although most people put their faith in this machine, they've been conditioned from society to beleive that science has all the answers and that scientists are clever and know all, but a funny thing my dad once said to me was, ''Son, you can be intelligently stupid''. lol
    I actually agree with you the science involves its own version of faith. As does atheism. Thou with atheism the root problem is a misconception. Most atheists think that science explains why things happen. Is absolutely absolutely absolutely does not explain why things happen - it describes how things happen. The atheists usually miss that distinction and believe it explains the why (which is why the Dawkins type atheist is just as much a faith as any religion is).
    for me the only evidence that God exists is in the faith. I put my faith in God rather than the world.
    Think about what you just said thou. By its very definition faith is not evidence. Faith means to hold a belief in something in the abscene of evidence. Your statement doesn't make sense.
    thats all I'm gonna say in this thread, as its Christmas day, the Lords birthday and my birthday too, so I'm off to get some dinner and party.

God bless and have a merry Christmas.

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy:D

You know I had a very devout religion teacher at school. And at that time there were similar stories of sightings of Mary and moving statues and such and we asked him what his opinion was. His response, much to all of our shock, was "Well, if you stare at a statue long enough, you are eventually going to see it move for one reason or another...". I always remember that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

I have no opinion on them but I have doubts that something like that can be predicted by a "Psychic". In any case, this has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    I would agree with you that nothing much happened in Knock but quite a lot of people thought they did see something, just as 20+ years ago (if you remember!) many people professed that they saw holy statues moving. I would suggest that there is a tendency for folk to re-evaluate something they have seen (or not!) if those around them declare that they saw something, or if (as in Knock) they had an expectation that they might see something.

• Advertisement

I would agree with you that nothing much happened in Knock but quite a lot of people thought they did see something, just as 20+ years ago (if you remember!) many people professed that they saw holy statues moving. I would suggest that there is a tendency for folk to re-evaluate something they have seen (or not!) if those around them declare that they saw something, or if (as in Knock) they had an expectation that they might see something.
    Well I wasn't born 20 years ago to remember anything :D but this isn't a moving statue that was witnessed by one person. The situation in Egypt isn't anything like in Ireland or in Europe. About 85% of the country is muslim. In fact there are only 40 churches throughout all of egypt's major cities (There are thousands more in towns though). Not everyone who was there wanted to see anything. Some were there who were actively searching for a light source or similar way to disprove it and couldn't find anything, they aren't any less educated than people here either the large majority of egypt are educated people if that makes their opinion on what they saw more valid.

Do try and be constructive, Fighting Irish. Surprise us all!

I was being constructive

Take your "lol" to after hours. No need to drag down the thread with posts like that.

I'm allowed an opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you open any thing in photoshop or other image program a digital watermark is added to it and can be detected by studying the meta data.
    XNView (Image organising program which was probably used for placing the text and logo in the corner)

There is no signature for photoshop present in the JPG.

The photo was tooken by either an Olympus C40Z (Pretty low end) or a Olympus D40Z which both share the same signature. They are identical cameras in spec afaik.

In any case, editing is easily visible.
    Where did you find the metadata? I can't see any. What program did you use to read the metadata?

It was obviously edited, you said it yourself, if there's a logo on the corner, it has been edited by XNView. Not that it's a big deal, it's a few light dots, it could be birds, sure, maybe it's not though, who knows, it's a blurry image. XNView is an image editor, like photoshop, it has been 'photoshopped' by XNView.

The video when the apparition leaves looks just like a lightbulb going out, is this not an old piece of footage? I remember seeing 'apparitions' like this last year and when they left it looked like a lightbulb switching off.

Gordon wrote: »
    Where did you find the metadata? I can't see any. What program did you use to read the metadata?

It was obviously edited, you said it yourself, if there's a logo on the corner, it has been edited by XNView. Not that it's a big deal, it's a few light dots, it could be birds, sure, maybe it's not though, who knows, it's a blurry image. XNView is an image editor, like photoshop, it has been 'photoshopped' by XNView.

The video when the apparition leaves looks just like a lightbulb going out, is this not an old piece of footage? I remember seeing 'apparitions' like this last year and when they left it looked like a lightbulb switching off.
    XNView is your typical photo organiser type of program. It doesn't do lens flare effects or luminance effects like that photoshop does and even if it did (Which it doesn't) I doubt a person with an ancient 4MP digital camera knows how to use photoshop with such great ability. You can increase the brightness of the entire photo e.t.c but that would affect the black sky aswell. Bright dots don't just appear in the sky and doves definitley do not fly by night naturally. People there reported seeing the doves flying through the sky.

What kind of lightbulb can project images into air? Lightbulbs need a solid surface to be projected on. I doubt the many people there looking for a light source wouldn't have noticed a lightbulb. These videos were shot only a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I was being constructive

No you weren't, you were attempting to be a smart-arse. Given that your posting history on this forum largely consists of sneering posts, I suggest that you ditch your underlying negative attitude - at least when posting here. OK?

If you have a point to make you do it in a civil manner.

Happy Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

There appears to be a bright orange dot left behind for a split second. No idea what it could be.

quite clearly someone has turned the light off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Ok I replaced the word "edited" with "photoshopped".
    Please forgive my ignorance.
    The important thing though is to realise that the photo has been edited and that there were in fact no doves present.

I must admit, this is probably the most impressive apparition this year.
    But, with the Rathkeale stump and Knock as its competitors that really doesn't say much.
    Im still not convinced unfortunately.
    Perhaps God just wants me to be an athiest. :rolleyes:

Ok I replaced the word "edited" with "photoshopped".
    Please forgive my ignorance.
    The important thing though is to realise that the photo has been edited and that there were in fact no doves present.

I must admit, this is probably the most impressive apparition this year.
    But, with the Rathkeale stump and Knock as its competitors that really doesn't say much.
    Im still not convinced unfortunately.
    Perhaps God just wants me to be an athiest. :rolleyes:
    It is not edited beyond the addition of a caption. Programs like what was used on it are not capable of doing something like single point luminance variations.
    How is it important to realise the photo was edited and there were no doves present???? Ask anyone who was there, was there doves present and you will be told there were doves present in the night sky. Just because a photo was tooken by a poor quality camera doesn't mean something didn't happen. Forget Knock and Rathkeale, they have nothing whatsoever to do with this.

@John
    How is it clear someone has turned a light off? What type of light can project complex 3d shapes into the air in multiple colours? If people who were actually there couldn't find a light source then how do you think you can?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

@John
    How is it clear someone has turned a light off? What type of light can project complex 3d shapes into the air in multiple colours? If people who were actually there couldn't find a light source then how do you think you can?

i think its 4.32 of the third video, clearly an afterlight as if a light has been turned off

Advertisement