Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Diplomacy players?

Options
  • 22-12-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

We're planning on getting a diplomacy game going and are looking for two more to join us. Its a browser based game so no additional software is needed, with the turns running either every day or two days.

For those who haven't seen it before, its a bit like risk but without the randomness of the dice thrown in.

If you're interested stick your name down here or over at dk

There's an overview of the game here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 orathaic

I play on webdiplomacy.net

was just coming here to find some irish diplomacy players (i only know a few in dublin)
    and it's not a browser based game it is a board game... I want to play in real life!

there are a few sites out there with 200+ members (playdiplomacy.com i think being one you can pay for)

Is anyone interested in a face-to-face game of diplomacY?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I want to play in real life!
    I don't see how that's possible without killing millions of people! Would def be interested but am in Limerick.

http://www.embassysa.co.za/worldcup/worldcup.php

I'm looking to get some people together to train for the next Diplomacy World cup, the current Irish team was kinda thrown together.

If anyone has any interest please get back to me.

EDIT: Do any chess players play diplomacy? have the even heard of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Knight990

Hey lads,

Big big Diplomacy fan from Dublin here, I own an original copy of the game too as it happens lol. Nerd for definite.

Edit: I've been playing in online games for a few years now, both original and variant maps. I'm always up for a game.

Knight990 wrote: »
    Hey lads,

Big big Diplomacy fan from Dublin here, I own an original copy of the game too as it happens lol. Nerd for definite.

Edit: I've been playing in online games for a few years now, both original and variant maps. I'm always up for a game.

excellent, another one.

pm me your email address and i'll include you in emails to the group of interested irish men... (of course i'm doubting i'll be able to get any snow bound dubliners to actually come out and play right now... but it's worth trying... plus webdiplomacy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Knight990

Haha, as it happens i'm actually snow bound in Germany at the moment, moved over here last September until July 2011. When I get back, i'll be up for a face to face match or whatever you like :D ill pm the address now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Debreese

Hello,

I used to play Diplomacy years ago and want to get back into it. Are there games still happening in Dublin?

To my (limited) knowledge, there are very few games, irregularily organised by a few groups.

Trinity and UCD student gaming societies may play. But always occasionally and irregularily.

I usually play online on webdiplomacy.net

Advertisement