Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

08-09-2010, 20:43   #571
G-Money
Closed Account

Been a bit quiet recently, diet needs some improvement. Just arrived in Italy for the grand prix so i will have my work cut out to eat well.
Advertisement
08-09-2010, 22:47   #572
terlywerly
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
Been a bit quiet recently, diet needs some improvement. Just arrived in Italy for the grand prix so i will have my work cut out to eat well.
Hopefully your hotel is better in Italy than it was in Belgium!!! When you come back, the healthy stuff will be waiting and I'll make sure I keep an eye on you and nag you if things seem to be going the wrong way
You've just been going through one of those patches. We all have them. One day turns into another and another and next thing weeks of hard work have been neutralised. But the main thing is that you know it needs improvement, and when you come back you'll have the commitment to do it!
Better pics of Mr Webber this time GM I need my fix
09-09-2010, 08:59   #573
G-Money
Closed Account

Cheers. Although I haven't been eating great, I haven't been eating that bad either I think, I just need to get a bit stricter. Im really enjoying couch to 5k I have to admit. I'm onto week 6 now and completed day 1 yesterday morning with no issues. I was looking ahead and week 6 is the last week with walking breaks, and to be honest I feel ready. I was jogging yesterday and actually felt frustrated that I had to stop and walk because the program said so, I did it anyway though.

It was so funny, I just didn't want to stop. I actually felt like cancelling my trip just so I could stay home and train, that's how much I'm getting to like it. Looking forward to completing it now and just going for regular 30 min jogs.

I will try to get a pic of Webber. McLaren are taking me and a few others on a tour of their pit garage and paddock tomorrow so who knows, I might be able to get a pic of him. My seat is on the main start/finish straight so I'll try to get a few pics during the drivers parade.

I'm not up to much today. It took me ages to fall asleep last night (2am) and I'm a bit tired today now. It's nice to be able to kick back and relax today. It's coming up to 10am so I'll head out in a while for a wander and get some pics.

I will have an early start for the next 3 days though as I'm staying 40 mins from Monza plus there's a 30 min walk from where the bus drops you off to the grandstand. First practice is at 10am so I'll need to be out of here around 8 or 8.30.

And yes, the hotel is much better . It even has room service although I haven't ordered it yet.
Thanks from:
10-09-2010, 19:10   #574
G-Money
Closed Account

For those of you who read my diary, you may not find this entry particularly interesting, with the exception of Moonbabog and CurlyWurly.

I'm just back from the track and the McLaren paddock tour. It was amazing. I met the McLaren people at the meeting point and they brought us in to the paddock. I have to admit it was a great feeling to be given a VIP pass and swiping it and walking in.

They brought us into the paddock, the pit garage and the brand centre. We got to take photos and wander around. Before you ask Curly Wurly, I didn't see Webber. But here's a list of who I did see:

Timo Glock
Robert Kubica
Steffano Domenicalli
Lewis hamiltons brother
Jenson Buttons girlfriend
Pedro de la Rosa
Yammamoto
Heikki Kovalainen
Jarno Trulli
Emerson fittipaldi
Bernie
Norbert Haug
Bigamy Petrov
Rubens Barrichello
Christian Horner
Sebastian Vettel
Jenson Button

It was a great experience, I wish I had one of those passes for every race, it was just great.
(2) thanks from:
10-09-2010, 19:12   #575
G-Money
Closed Account

Sorry that's supposed to read Vitaly Petrov. Stupid predictive text!
Advertisement
10-09-2010, 20:29   #576
terlywerly
Closed Account

Quote:
For those of you who read my diary, you may not find this entry particularly interesting, with the exception of Moonbabog and CurlyWurly.
Why thank you GM for nerding me out once again <blushes>

Quote:
I have to admit it was a great feeling to be given a VIP pass and swiping it and walking in.
And for making me hate you once again <shakes fist>

Quote:
Before you ask Curly Wurly, I didn't see Webber.
Where does he go?!?! Makes him all the more mysterious (Yes ok I am a bit of a stalker )

Wow you saw so many people, so jealous right now!! I'm glad this race seems to be working out better for you in terms of what you're getting to see and do, and where you're staying. Have you had room service yet? Feck I love Italian food!!
10-09-2010, 21:22   #577
G-Money
Closed Account

I got room service tonight, a t-bone steak with sauteed potatoes and creme brûlée with ice cream. It was nice but far too much. The steak was massive and although there were only a few slices of potato, they added a load of bread and bread sticks. To be honest I ate quite a bit of steak, the potato and some bread and that was it. I couldn't finish the dessert so I had a bit of it and the ice cream and that was it. I had enough but could have ate more but showed surprising restraint.

The past 2 nights I'd been to McDonalds but I'm sick of it now. I don't plan on ordering room service again as it's expensive and I don't want to go to McDonalds again either. Theres a supermarket just up the road so I might buy something cheap from there tomorrow. I didn't get paid today when I was expecting I would which is annoying as the finances are not looking good at the mo. However I usually get paid on the 12th which is a Sunday so I'm thinking it will just be Monday instead.

The trip is going much better so far. I was really looking forward to that paddock tour today, it was great. I seem to so rarely get excited about anything so it was a welcome change.

Qualifying tomorrow then the race on Sunday then home on Monday.

I was so happy today.
14-09-2010, 09:02   #578
G-Money
Closed Account

I don't know why you are embarrassed to like F1 CurlyWurly, get over it already

Anyway, this is the best pic I could get of Webber.

One here for you too Moonbabog.

Just got back from Milan last night. Good trip, the highlight was getting a pit and paddock tour from McLaren on the Friday. They gave us VIP passes and brought us in through the paddock gates and everything. We were just wandering around, drivers walking past us, team principles, it was fantastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2238.JPG (1.64 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2237.JPG (1.92 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2270.JPG (1.26 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2309.JPG (1.66 MB, 19 views)
Thanks from:
14-09-2010, 12:19   #579
carolinespring

Glad you had a great break. I am sure the tour was fantastic
Advertisement
14-09-2010, 13:42   #580
terlywerly
Closed Account

Thanks for the pictures, glad you had a good time!!
There's always a bit of drama at Monza, I'd say you were disappointed with Lewis, but it was a good race. Webber still at the top of the drivers championship though
19-09-2010, 15:11   #581
terlywerly
Closed Account

I'm rescuing your diary from the very bottom of page 2. Hoping to see some good entries from tomorrow on. Fresh start and a new week for you GM! Back to good habits
P.S. I bought a trampette today, God help me. Starting on it tomorrow when I'm not dying of a hangover
19-09-2010, 15:59   #582
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by terlywerly View Post
I'm rescuing your diary from the very bottom of page 2. Hoping to see some good entries from tomorrow on. Fresh start and a new week for you GM! Back to good habits
P.S. I bought a trampette today, God help me. Starting on it tomorrow when I'm not dying of a hangover
What's a trampette? Also, what's a maxi? And why do they both sound like some sort of tampon?
19-09-2010, 16:28   #583
Moonbaby

Great Pics GM.
Facebook really squishes the life outta them doesnt it!

I've been hiding from this forum for a while too.
Think it is about time to start the pre christmas party season regime change myself.
I'll be back to badger you, if your not on board by the middle of the week
19-09-2010, 16:39   #584
terlywerly
Closed Account

Quote:
What's a trampette? Also, what's a maxi? And why do they both sound like some sort of tampon?
This is a trampette, I bought it today to do some indoor exercising over the winter. Hubby offered to buy me an exercise bike as well.
Maxi? Do you mean a maxi dress?
They sound like tampons because you are a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbaby View Post
I've been hiding from this forum for a while too.
Think it is about time to start the pre christmas party season regime change myself.
I'll be back to badger you, if your not on board by the middle of the week
Come back and post again Moonbaby, that way we can badger him together. I'd say he gets fed up with me always giving out to him, he's probably thinking 'That one again '.
19-09-2010, 16:46   #585
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by terlywerly View Post

Come back and post again Moonbaby, that way we can badger him together. I'd say he gets fed up with me always giving out to him, he's probably thinking 'That one again '.
Na I was just wondering how women seem to be so good at nagging
Forum Closed