Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat 880

Options
  • 14-12-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

I bought this tractor a couple a months ago with the intention of restoring and doing a bit of light farming with it,anyway i have too many projects and this one is lying outside as my spare sheds door is too low. Ive been told since i got it that these are now very rare and getting collectable but im not trying to make a killing just cover what its costing me.Very reluctant sale, price negotiable however as id like a quick sale im sick lookin at it lyin outside. Would consider trade/swop of smaller tractor that i can get into the shed. Photos info on request, pm for my number no timewasters please
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=171082

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 seamus_mcg

i see you have it advertised as 4 cylinder. I always thought the 880 was 5 cylinder. the 780 was 4 cylinder. maybe i'm wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

thats a crap ad. i wouldnt even bother reading that ad when theres not even a picture to go with it.

seamus_mcg wrote: »
    i see you have it advertised as 4 cylinder. I always thought the 880 was 5 cylinder. the 780 was 4 cylinder. maybe i'm wrong

yes they are 5 cylinder alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

There not all 5 cylinder the 880dt was 5 cylinder mine is an early orange and white one 1977, and german rocks il get some pics up soon as possible for ya
    Same as this (not quite as tidy though:rolleyes:)
    http://www.agri24.ch/gebrauchte/upload/3271/561331/big_0.jpg
    V rare in this country especially with a tidy cab ive been told by a guy in meath that breaks Fiats

pictures are a must have to sell anything.

• Advertisement

yes they are 5 cylinder alright

Just to clarify for u on the 4 cylinder issue

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/9/9/1994-fiat-880.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

pictures are a must have to dell anything.

Correct spelling would help also !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 D.Watson

Well yere both right and we had a 4cyl and a 5cyl 880 here at one stage.
    Still have the 4cyl it's a 1980 2wd auld lad got new same day he got engaged best tractor ever had.

Also had a 1985 880/5 DT can only just about remember it as was changed for a 100/90 in '89

So they must've changed from 4 to 5 cyl somewhere between 80 and 85.
    Just because it's a DT won't make it 5cyl, but all the 5cylinders will have a dash5 after the number.

And yes I know I should get more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that lad !! Ya the 'dt' just stands for dual traction as far as i know and that comes on the 4wd models!

snowman707 wrote: »
    Correct spelling would help also !

I didnt want to say it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

D.Watson wrote: »
    Still have the 4cyl it's a 1980 2wd auld lad got new same day he got engaged best tractor ever had.

That was an expensive day out for him! :D

Heres a few pics, not best quality but as u can see the worst bit of rust is the little bit on offside behind the rear light cluster, i have the light and all, have all new lens and new headlights for er, she needs a battery the starter done up (lazy) and the injectors recon'd and a couple a steering ball joints. Working the shear grab perfectly and starts these cold mornings no bother just using the heater. It needs a cab bush but will have this sorted in the next couple a days, any questions dont hesitate t ask. If i dont get what close to what im asking i wont sell ive had a good look round her over the holidays ad ive done a lot of work shear grabin, movin round bales and haulin dung. V strong hydraulics d pulls like a train, engages all gears easily and these cold days even the cab heater works which ia major bonus!! She will restore for shows vintage road runs etc v easily or st use as is. A rare trator in this condition.
    003.jpg
    004.jpg
    005.jpg
    006.jpg
    007.jpg

Lots of timewasters ringing as usual but nothing concrete yet, any takers??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

DanFindy wrote: »
    Lots of timewasters ringing as usual but nothing concrete yet, any takers??

dan, can you pm me few details on this? how are clutch, brakes and engine in general? is the poor starting down to compression / worn rings?
    thanks in advance...

thanks for pm Dan. Ive passed info onto a mate who is looking for one, it looks good. how long are you talking for starting from cold? 10 second? 1 minute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 8560

bought one of them in 77, 4 cylinder. always had to be heated in winter. the 780 would start immediately. was good engine and gearbox. everything else rusted, that one is v good for its age. slow on the road. we sold ours with 8000 hrs in 88. chanced upon it about 8 years later. boy it was rough.but still going.

8560 wrote: »
    bought one of them in 77, 4 cylinder. always had to be heated in winter. the 780 would start immediately. was good engine and gearbox. everything else rusted, that one is v good for its age. slow on the road. we sold ours with 8000 hrs in 88. chanced upon it about 8 years later. boy it was rough.but still going.

yeah I know of a totally original 780, it still goes and pulls like a horse but its falling to bits, NO panels left on it and only a shell of a cab

corkcomp wrote: »
    thanks for pm Dan. Ive passed info onto a mate who is looking for one, it looks good. how long are you talking for starting from cold? 10 second? 1 minute?

Im not sure what u mean do you mean how long do i heat it for or how long i have to turn it over for?

To answer the heater needs a new plug its not working great and you would prob need t turn it over for a minute, im goin to put a new high amp battery in er and get the starter recon'd that will turn er over much faster which will leave er much easier started !!

Been usin er this past few days(880) shes really not hard to start at all im used to 35s and 135s goin the first click but i see now my neighbours tractors are all a bit slow this weather and need a touch of the heater, i put a new batt i er and that helped a lot must take off the starter and get it livened up now !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David Payne

Hey dan ,dave here is the fiat still for sale i have just begone restoration of my own 880 but it has same cab as your but mines rotten aswell im missing a few side pannel's etc and was wondering if you would sell the tractor as hole or in parts

im very intrested to here from you

you can contact me on -0851540106

thanks
    dave :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 zetor 6340

My fiat 880 wont start what is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

zetor 6340 wrote: »

Small bit vague . The lads here will need more detail.
    Is it turning over fast, is it attempting to fire, is it getting diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

9935452 wrote: »
    Small bit vague . The lads here will need more detail.
    Is it turning over fast, is it attempting to fire, is it getting diesel.

Are you in the cab, or threatening it? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

zetor 6340 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what the problem is this'll sort ya

Advertisement