Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tuesday December 15th @ 21:00 in 3RRB- O'Dwyerski V Boardeaux

Options
  • 13-12-2009 4:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Final game of 2009 and a vital one, a win will put us 4 points behind O'Dywerski with 2 games in hand.

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Andy -

Midfielders -

Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, were at this a long time now. we have progressed alot over the past 3 seaons so much so that 2nd place is a disappoinment now for us. this is a game that wont win us a league but can lose it for us. they will be 10 points clear with 2 games more played if they win. thse are the types of games we have to win if we want to win this league.

i cant see them dropping 5 points unless the get injuries or something. they aint dropped any points since we drew with them 3-3 (saying that weve only dropped the 3 against ravenhill) but they are hammering everybody. 5-0 last week against ravenhill says it all. we gave them a 3 goal lead the last time and we went at them hell for leather in that 2nd half and it worked. we need a massive performance here. a draw would be ok, but in reality at the way these lads are playing, a win is needed. lets tear into this game, work our b(llix off and we have a massive chance if we do that. they seem to be scoring goals galore, so we will need to be solid at the back and defend as a team also.

im in, and art, dan and mick should be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Need to get everyone up early for this so we can get properly prepared - it'll be freezing so a full warm up should be on the plate for everyone.

Big game no doubt, looking forward to it.

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Andy -

Midfielders -

Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran -

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

+1 Jules, it's going to be cold, but if the weather is to be beleived I would say there is a high chance of the match being called off, that pitch will ice over pretty bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

If this game was tonight, I'd have to say I'm out. My back is in bits at the moment so much that I struggled to get out of bed during the night. I hope it loosens up during the day, and then I'll see how it is tomorrow morning.

I'll be at the game either way, but I'll confirm my fitness tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in

+1 Jules, it's going to be cold, but if the weather is to be beleived I would say there is a high chance of the match being called off, that pitch will ice over pretty bad.

Feckin hope it's called off. Don't want to miss this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dan has told me he's available for selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm out I'm afraid. While over the worst of the chest infection, running around in the cold would see me back in bed for another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith - Yes
    Andy - Yes

Midfielders -

Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor - Yes
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin - No
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -No
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal - yes
    Dan - Yes
    Ed - Yes

Geoff - Yes
    Graham - No
    Mick - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Andy - Yes

Midfielders -

Alan - Yes
    Collie - Yes
    Conor - Yes
    Dave -
    Gav - Injured
    Martin - No
    Kenny - Yes

Strikers -

Art - yes
    Gary -No
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran - Yes

ivan is in....

looking at the top scorer list, these lads have 3 players who have hit over 30 goals between them, thats some doing. we willl need a massive defensive performance tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

what's the weather like out there lads? Can't really see from the office.

Quick look on RTE.ie says this:

Today's Weather
    Mostly dry this afternoon with bright or sunny periods. Temperatures between 7 and 9 degrees in a moderate northeast breeze. A few showers near the east coast.

Tonight's Weather
    Cold with frost in places. Lowest temperatures between 1 and 4 degrees.

Hopefully that temperature drop happens late enough not to affect the pitch....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any great drop in temp will leave a light icing on this pitch

Any great drop in temp will leave a light icing on this pitch

could make an absolute bollix of the game, that place is poor at the best of times. imagine it was called off and moved to the lat game of the season with them still one point ahead (assuming we won our games in hand of course!!

now that would be class and a great way to end the season.

2-1 loss. disappointing, we deserved something but didnt get it. dominated the first half and to be only 1-1 was the killer. 2nd half they pushed us back completley and took over. overall, draw was fair result but we just couldnt get on the end of some balls that flew across the box in the last 15. they had 3 chances and took 2 of them, all their other play were from corners and throws whicih they seemed to have an endless amount in the 2nd half. they also seemed to get a body in behind everything we threw at them, the defended deep for everything and must have cleared 3 off the line.

cant fault the effort, on another nite, the result could be reversed, we just didnt have the luck tonight. theres nothing between the teams, absolutely nothing.

:(

Advertisement