Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viaccess cam with LG "HD Service"

Options
  • 12-12-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I put a Viaccess cam 3 in an 32LG3000 this evening.

Perfect picture, but "HD Service" is bouncing around the screen.

Any ideas how to get rid of this??
    :confused:
    Thanks

/B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dugganb

bump,

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭scath

Best thing is to copy and paste that into one of the other threads that are active, one with sponge bob, or icdg, black briar. I'm not so well up on the technical side.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wonder if it's the CAM itself doing it. Try getting into the Common Interface menu, you should see something like Smartcard Messages, or something, which should be set to Never Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

My LG tv with MPEG2 tuner also displays HD SERVICE bouncing around so its the TV not the card.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, as he has a picture, and I believe the LG3000 to be only MPEG2, I'd assumed the CAM was one of those that allowed MPEG4 video streams on MPEG2 sets.

In my LG TV, there's a greyed out option called CI Information (Setup menu), which I'd assume to be clickable when there's a CAM inserted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dugganb

Before I started this thread.........
    - I have gone thru all menus
    - Looked at the CI Menu
    - Full Factory Reset
    - Rang LGE Support (........... ashtray in a Motorbike...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

dugganb wrote: »
    - Looked at the CI Menu
    - Full Factory Reset

A few of MPEG2 LGs have had the same problem (the LG7000 range for example). Luckily they are fixed with a firmware upgrade. The polish sites all suggest this. The latest turns off the HD service message (i'm not linking to the thread as I dont want people downloading the wrong firmware).

If manufacturers stook rigidly to the DVBCI standard then all IDTVs wouldnt have this problem. Luckily there is support with LG. You need to get someone who will understand your proble. A lot of customer service people are not technical so you may have to be persistant.

EDIT: Find your current version of firmware from one of the menus (I understand that the latest may be 3.51... its probably 3.17 from factory) Contact LG and tell them why you need the firmware upgrade and that you have read that an upgrade will solve it. It involves using a USB key formatting in FAT32 with a .bin file. They may insist that an engineer do it as people have been bricking their LCDs accross Europe through stuff lost in translation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Silverbarrel

I was wondering if someone spotted a download link to a recent firmware ( >= 3.51.01) for the M2294D-PZ monitor (currently using 3.07.1) ?

I've been searching greek and polish forums (thanks to Google translate), but found only firmware for different TV models.

Needless to say that LG tech support for Ireland has proved hopeless as usual for this matter.

thanks in advance for any help!

I was wondering if someone spotted a download link to a recent firmware ( >= 3.51.01) for the M2294D-PZ monitor (currently using 3.07.1) ?

I've been searching greek and polish forums (thanks to Google translate), but found only firmware for different TV models.

Needless to say that LG tech support for Ireland has proved hopeless as usual for this matter.

thanks in advance for any help!

LG Italy (latest firmware apparently lets you into the engineer service menus)

STB wrote: »
    LG Italy (latest firmware apparently lets you into the engineer service menus)

I couldn't find any firmware for the Mxx94D-PZ on LG Italy, just the manual.
    This is the page I checked:
    http://www.lge.com/it/support/product/support-product-profile.jsp?customerModelCode=M2294D-PZ&matchedModelCode=NOT_MATCHED&searchEngineModelCode=M2294D-PZ&initialTab=documents&targetPage=support-product-profile

I saw a thread on another forum sending to LG Italy as well for a M2262D-PZ, so it must at least have been available there at some stage ...

• Advertisement

dugganb wrote: »
    - Looked at the CI Menu
    - Full Factory Reset

The LG3000 "HD Service" baloon is sorted from firmware 3.49.1 on (3.51 is the latest).

I have read on this subject through google. A guy on a bulgarian forum called hristoslav2 has posted extensively on LG firmware (including the divx MKv and bluetooth enabling for the LH range) .

In many cases these firmware upgrades are on filesharing websites and not official LG sites what I can see. Example
    32LG5000-ZA-26-32-37-42LG3000-ZA-IC101-IC102-LGE7363C--V3-1--49-01-2009-04-23-bin is a file in the wild that apparently sorts the problem.

Even if it is an official source it is dangerous flashing firmware.

Go to LG describe the problem and ask them to give you the answer.

LG will probably tell you that flashing the firmware will void the warranty.

Thanks STB,
    I'm afraid I already exhausted the capacity to help of LG. My monitor (with a note explaining what I was looking for) spent 2 weeks in their repair shop, to return with a reply like "
    but.. there's nothing wrong with your monitor, check the signal...
    ". Later they posted a memory stick to me with the PC drivers for the monitor saying "
    here's your firmware...
    ", + a doc. with actual update instructions for a firmware (if only I had it)...

I've tried AVForums.com, I've gone to a bulgarian forum http://forum.setcom.bg/index.php/topic,41474.msg365850.html#msg365850 and some Greek as well (all thanks to Google translate) and another web site http://lgusb.wikispaces.com/Firmware+Updates with all the updates you can dream of... for the LG TV's LH and LU series, but none for the M94D series. I assume these are not for TV/Monitor like mine and won't risk it. They also don't reply to questions.

I saw some foreign LG web sites providing firmware for only some models (never for mine of course). I feel that, by the time DBV-T goes officially live in Ireland, LG won't be streaming any updates for my old model anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kimwn

I have the LG M2294D-PZ monitor and i face the same problem now that the mpeg4 transmittance began in Greece.I put the Neotion NP4+ pocket cam FTA in ci module and i saw all DVB-T channels with the known “HD serrvice”
    screensaver.After many hours of searching the web and communicate with LG technical support for confirmation i conclude to this a firmware upgrade to 3.10 (LG M2362D-PZ) from now 3.07.1(LG M2294D-PZ) is solving the annoying matter....
    The firmware i found here http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6XfxCrmEQcUJ:www.insomnia.gr/forum/archive/index.php/t-336792.html+Aggiorn_FW_M20_22_2362D.zip&cd=1&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr&lr=lang_en|lang_el&client=opera
    but i haven't try yet(sorry for my bad english

Thanks kimwn!

I've searched all the other LG websites and I reckon that the firmware on LG Italy is probably the closest shot to a possible solution for M2294D-PZ.
    I didn't dare updating my monitor with it yet, I wish LG customer service would be more competent and able to guarantee the result...

If you ever took a chance with it, please keep me updated.

ευχαριστώ!
    kimwn wrote: »
    I have the LG M2294D-PZ monitor and i face the same problem now that the mpeg4 transmittance began in Greece.I put the Neotion NP4+ pocket cam FTA in ci module and i saw all DVB-T channels with the known “HD serrvice”
    screensaver.After many hours of searching the web and communicate with LG technical support for confirmation i conclude to this a firmware upgrade to 3.10 (LG M2362D-PZ) from now 3.07.1(LG M2294D-PZ) is solving the annoying matter....
    The firmware i found here http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6XfxCrmEQcUJ:www.insomnia.gr/forum/archive/index.php/t-336792.html+Aggiorn_FW_M20_22_2362D.zip&cd=1&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr&lr=lang_en|lang_el&client=opera
    but i haven't try yet(sorry for my bad english

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭doney84

hi, i have the 42lg3000 and was wondering if i updated the firmware would it be able to handle mpeg 4 ? At the moment it can only do mpeg 2 ... anybody had any success with the lg 3000 tv's?

Advertisement