Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone/IOS

Options
  • 10-12-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    Just signed up with VF today on the 300min/300 text/2G bundle.
    I was under the impression that the fella in the shop was gonna arrange delivery with IOS there and then, no the case apparently.
    He's told me I've got to wait a couple of days for IOS to phone me, then they'll send it out. Anyone have any idea how long I'm gonna have to wait for my shiny new iPhone..
    I feel a bit like a child at Xmas!
    MI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Hey folks,
    Just signed up with VF today on the 300min/300 text/2G bundle.
    I was under the impression that the fella in the shop was gonna arrange delivery with IOS there and then, no the case apparently.
    He's told me I've got to wait a couple of days for IOS to phone me, then they'll send it out. Anyone have any idea how long I'm gonna have to wait for my shiny new iPhone..
    I feel a bit like a child at Xmas!
    MI

well vodafone have to pass your details to IOS have they done that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

First time I've heard this being done in a shop. You a new connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

I was with pre pay previously. Spoke to guys in different VF shops about this. Apparently because of o2 exclusive deal VF can't put iphones on shelves till early next year, but they can supply them through IOS. VF set up the plan and pass customer details onto IOS who arrange delivery of the phone... Hoping to get it within the next 10 days or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Pardon my ignorance, but who are IOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

Pardon my ignorance, but who are IOS?

IOS is the company who are working on behalf of Vodfone to supply the Iphone, as vodafone can't sell them legally yet so IOS are doing for them.

• Advertisement

There doing this a while (there is another thread) but doing it in the shops is new. I got I got a call on my personal Voda account about it and was talking to them on the biz account as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MI5

I had a call from an really annoying guy a few days ago, proporting to be from Vodafone. He had Indian accent, and I found it difficult to understand. Anyway, he was cold calling for my business account, which is with O2. Gave hime a few details, and he started to rattle off numbers.
    Asked him to email me the details, which he did. However I noticed the email was in fact from IOS.
    I therfore emailed him back, asking to quote me for iPhone.
    He replied to say he could not send any iPhones on behalf of Vodafone until mid February. He declined to quote until nearer the time.

MI5

Got the call from IOS this morning. Spoke to a very nice girl who told me I'll have my 3Gs on Wednesday, delivered by courier before 5pm.
    She also informed me that the tarrif I'm on (E65 per month, 300mins/300texts) can be lowered, if desired, after 6months.. Roll on wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

As far as I am aware , if you get your iPhone on Wed you will be the first Vodafone customer I know of who got an official Vodafone 3gs.

Interesting .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MI5

Got the call from IOS this morning. Spoke to a very nice girl who told me I'll have my 3Gs on Wednesday, delivered by courier before 5pm.
    She also informed me that the tarrif I'm on (E65 per month, 300mins/300texts) can be lowered, if desired, after 6months.. Roll on wednesday

Current O2 business customers are going to be in a strong bargaining position come early next year, if their existing contracts are anywhere near up:cool:
    No need to wait till contract renewal time. Give business account manager a call early January and tell him what needs doing to hold the business. Brand new 3GS and contract with a bloody good tarrif and free or almost free phone.

• Advertisement

mixednuts wrote: »
    As far as I am aware , if you get your iPhone on Wed you will be the first Vodafone customer I know of who got an official Vodafone 3gs.

Interesting .

M

Wow! excellent :)
    I'll keep you posted.

mixednuts wrote: »

Interesting .

M

Considering they gave out 3G's in Oct 2008 and have been giving out 3GS's for the past 3 weeks he's far from the first.

Go in to any Voda shop and they can sort you out now. Business customers on Wireless office are getting shafted though, they have to get one via account manager, can't get them in the shops. Looks like there trying to keep the consumer accounts and churn customers from O2 in the run up to Christmas.

Vodafone gave out 3GS in Oct 08 ???? ...I am getting straight onto my Vodafone Business account manager , I have purchased a factory unlocked x 4 , been told no chance til late '09 :mad:

3G's not 3GS's. It was only 100 to or so to some of the big accounts. ATM its near impossible to get them for biz customers on Wireless office, I tried to get 3 today no joy. Normal accounts just go in to a shop.

Rew,
    Thanks for the clarification ;)

Still think i will make a call and put some pressure on Vodafone , I spend enough with them !
    I think now is the time and opportunity to apply a little pressure .
    M.

Well, the phone arrived courier yesterday afternoon, 2 days after recieving my call form IOs. The handset had no branding and from what I can see seems to be unlocked. I had to manually enter the VF settings. Have been playing with it for half a day now and I'm massively impressed. It's everything I expected and a lot more. Opted to use the Vodafone ISP settings as some apps, espically streaming ones seemed to be running very slowly on VF Live.
    Love it, highly reccomeneded.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Walshie

I got a call from IOS Friday who said I'd have my new iPhone Tuesday . . . woohoo! However with all the excitement of having it before Christmas (as I'm a big kid really) I forgot to ask any questions like; colour, GB size & is it 3GS. The dude didn't even know my address or what tarrif I'd choosen to go on and the call was made from a vodafone help desk number.

What colour & GB size did you receive mrincredible & was it the current model?

Thanks,
    Walshie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sharon77

Already a Vodafone bill customer and asking about the Iphone since last September. Rang Vodafone Customer Care on WEdnesday and they said the company that supplies the iphone to them (IOS) is out of stock and they wouldnt even take my name to order one for me so I went to Vodafone store on Thursday last and asked about it. They told me I could sign a new contract for the iphone 3gs but IOS are out of stock and they dont know when they are going to have new stock. Basically I just needed to wait for IOS to phone me to arrange the delivery. Was told by VOdafone once I got this call it should only take 48 hours to get the phone. Anyway still no call from IOS so I got a number from this site to phone IOS which is 087 1783203 and phoned them yesterday. Got through and asked have they any idea when they would have the stock and the girl I spoke with wasnt very helpful at all. She just said they have no idea when they are going to have them and that was it. Has anyone got a call from IOS in the last couple of days. What happens now, do we just wait????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I got the call on Tuesday from ios ordered 3x 16gig 3gs they arrived yesterday.I had a unlocked 3g on vf but the factory unlocked is the best no trouble with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sharon77

Can you tell me when you ordered the Iphone with VF? How long did it take between the order with VF and IOS to phone you? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Sharon77 wrote: »
    Can you tell me when you ordered the Iphone with VF? How long did it take between the order with VF and IOS to phone you? Thanks

Hi I got the call from vf on Thursday saying to expect a call from ios, They rang me on the Tuesday morning took my details etc said it can take up to 2 weeks to Get the phones but to my suprise a courier called into me Friday at 4pm with the 3 iPhones 3gs.hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Registered my interest on the Vodafone website before Christmas for the iphone. Vodafone said they'd pass on my details to IOS.

Still waiting for their call!!! Nice way to do business.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement